Italian Defence Minister Roberta Pinotti visited PZL-Świdnik, an AgustaWestland company, today in the occasion of her official trip to Poland. During her visit Minister Pinotti was introduced to the advanced technology products and manufacturing capabilities of the Polish company.
Italian Defence Minister Roberta Pinotti said “The presence of such an advanced technological capability in Poland, able to guarantee so many jobs, is something Italy can take pride of. This both contributes to strengthen the relations between our two countries and to lay the foundation for future new partnering opportunities which will involve also other industrial sectors”.
PZL-Świdnik is responding to the Polish Ministry of Defence’s tender for the supply of 70 multirole helicopters, whose estimated value is worth at approximately 2.5 bilion euro, offering the AW149 model. If successful, the AW149 will be produced at the PZL-Świdnik’s plant with the contribution of 900 local suppliers not only for Poland but also for the international market. Furthermore, producing the AW149 in Poland would be beneficial to the international supply chain and would generated further development and job opportunities.
With over 60 years experience, more than 7400 helicopters manufactured to date and its over 3500 employees, PZL-Świdnik is the only Polish company featuring complete rotorcraft design and production capabilities. Company’s product range, an established supplier to the Polish Ministry of Defence with more than 150 helicopters already in service, is able to meet any commercial and military requirement. PZL-Świdnik is also an important industrial partner to a number of major aerospace industry companies worldwide, supplying airframes and structures to prime aircraft manufacturers worldwide. PZL-Świdnik has been an AgustaWestland company since 2010.
- San Diego commits to four Airbus H125s for Police Dept
- New leasing company Thora Capital closes helicopter transaction
- Erickson Named Top 10 Defense Manufacturing Solution Provider
- John Deere and Volocopter collaborate on agricultural drone
- DCS Awarded $93.4M Task Order to Support AFLCMC/WIH Helicopter Program Office
- HSC-22 Teams with Kanas City College
- Petroleum Air Services adds 6th AW139
- PWC adds Russian maintenance facility for Ansat helicopters
- Helicopter Tactics Symposium drew lessons from past operations
- Air Methods to Refund Medicare Patients
- Leonardo and Abu Dhabi Aviation sign contracts
- Airbus highlighted products at DSE 2019
- Summit receives acclaimed Hire Vets Award
- Blood and plasma preserves aboard Christoph 53
- Airbus expands its power line footprint
- Bell Delivers Canada’s First Bell 407GXi
- Precision Aviation Group is receives Top Supplier Award
- Russian Helicopters obtained an authorization for servicing Ansat engines
- Falcon Aviation Services’ AW169 fleet leader sets 2,000FH milestone
- Jordan’s first female pilot trains in the USA