Italian Defence Minister Roberta Pinotti visited PZL-Świdnik, an AgustaWestland company, today in the occasion of her official trip to Poland. During her visit Minister Pinotti was introduced to the advanced technology products and manufacturing capabilities of the Polish company.
Italian Defence Minister Roberta Pinotti said “The presence of such an advanced technological capability in Poland, able to guarantee so many jobs, is something Italy can take pride of. This both contributes to strengthen the relations between our two countries and to lay the foundation for future new partnering opportunities which will involve also other industrial sectors”.
PZL-Świdnik is responding to the Polish Ministry of Defence’s tender for the supply of 70 multirole helicopters, whose estimated value is worth at approximately 2.5 bilion euro, offering the AW149 model. If successful, the AW149 will be produced at the PZL-Świdnik’s plant with the contribution of 900 local suppliers not only for Poland but also for the international market. Furthermore, producing the AW149 in Poland would be beneficial to the international supply chain and would generated further development and job opportunities.
With over 60 years experience, more than 7400 helicopters manufactured to date and its over 3500 employees, PZL-Świdnik is the only Polish company featuring complete rotorcraft design and production capabilities. Company’s product range, an established supplier to the Polish Ministry of Defence with more than 150 helicopters already in service, is able to meet any commercial and military requirement. PZL-Świdnik is also an important industrial partner to a number of major aerospace industry companies worldwide, supplying airframes and structures to prime aircraft manufacturers worldwide. PZL-Świdnik has been an AgustaWestland company since 2010.
- Ultimate Heli Renewal of ISO 9001:2015 Certification
- Leonardo delivers its first basic training AW169 to the Italian Army
- Airbus forms Team Nightjar for Australian special ops bid
- Boston MedFlight Reaches 80,000 Patient Transport Milestone
- US approves sale of one Sikorsky UH-60M to Jordan
- Northrop Grumman Supports Government Flight Testing of the MQ-8C Fire Scout Radar
- TUM developing AR solution for ship landings in rough seas
- DRF take stock of the corona pandemic in Germany
- DSCA approves sale of 6 UH-60M to Lithuania
- AirLink lands at Klamath County Fire District
- Accel-KKR and ParkerGale join forces to back ATP in its acquisition of FlightDocs
- New helipad opens at Royal Devon and Exeter hospital
- DRF tests droplet spread inside helicopters
- HeliTSA launches Rolls-Royce M250/RR300 engine training
- UK AAIB Bulletin – July 2020
- 14th Annual Electric Aircraft Symposium Goes Virtual
- New South Wales Government supports eVTOL development with grant
- HeliOffshore Appoints Chief Executive Officer
- Patria consolidates its helicopter maintenance operations in Norway
- Russian Helicopters delivers two Mi-8MTV-1 to Yamal Airlines