AgustaWestland and Sino-US Intercontinental announced today the sale of an AW119Kx single engine helicopter to a private operator in China. The aircraft will be delivered by the end of this year and will be used to perform passenger transport operations in the country. This latest contract further expands the presence of AgustaWestland commercial helicopters in China as the company and Sino-US celebrate at Airshow China 2014 the distributorship agreement announced in 2013 and the opening of a regional business headquarters in Shanghai earlier this year.
Sino-US Intercontinental acts as an official non-exclusive distributor for AgustaWestland civil helicopters in China, excluding Hong Kong and Macau, and placed orders for twenty helicopters in September 2013 comprising AW119Ke single engine, GrandNew light twin, AW169 light intermediate, AW139 intermediate and AW189 super medium helicopters. The partnership has further expanded the presence of the AW119, GrandNew and AW139 models and introduced the whole Family of new generation types also including the AW169 and AW189 into China. AgustaWestland and Sino-US are devoting significant efforts to strengthen the level of service in China with comprehensive maintenance and training solutions, to further enhance operational effectiveness and safety and maximize customers’ advantage in using AgustaWestland’s state-of-the-art products in the country.
Nearly 240 AW119 helicopters have been ordered to date in more than 30 countries by over 100 customers. The new AW119Kx is perfectly suited to perform many roles including, VIP/corporate transport, EMS, utility, fire-fighting, offshore transport, law enforcement. Sino-US Intercontinental (Sino-US Intercontinental Helicopter Investment Co. Ltd) is part of Shanghai Zenisun Investment Group, a large conglomerate corporation which focuses on real estate and general aviation. The company has been undertaking helicopter sales and operations in China since 2006, providing a one-stop service for helicopter purchase, import, operation, management, support & training as well as airport construction.
- 02-Dec-20 N669SS Leonardo AW119Kx Philadelphia, US-Pennsylvania
- Israeli Air Force to expand AW119 fleet to 12
- SAFE delivers AW119 maintenance stands to NY Dept of Environmental Protection
- Leonardo AW109/AW119 – EASA releases Issue 22 of TCDS
- US EMS Operator contracts for first IFR-certified AW119
- US Navy selects Leonardo AW119 for trainer – first order for 32 placed
- Brazil approves Astronautics EFI on AW109 and AW119
- FAA approves Astronautics EFI on Leonardo AW109 and AW119
- Israel orders seven Leonardo AW119Kx trainers to replace Bell 206s
- Nepalese Army Agusta AW139 makes maiden flight form Kathmandu
- Nepalese Army takes delivery of AW139
- Leonardo performs TH-119 avionics power
- Leonardo adds Authorised Service Centre in Chile
- FAA approves AMS lightweight medical interior for AW109 and AW119
- FAA approves AMS ambulance interior for AW119 and AW109
- Uralhelicom sees increase in new helicopter sales
- 09-Jun-17 VT-NRK AgustaWestland AW119 Badrinath, India (1F)
- Israel and Italy Discuss Training Helicopter Contract
- Leonardo strengthens strategic partnership with Shanghai Zenisun
- FAA approves Sky Connect Tracker III on AW109 and AW119