EagleMed’s AS350 B3 at the Bert Mooney Airport, where a dedicated hangar is under construction. EagleMed Photo EagleMed LLC has begun flying critical care air medical transport flights throughout southwest Montana from its newest base at Butte’s Bert Mooney Airport.
The company will lease a new dedicated 10,000 square foot hangar that is being built at the airport especially for its use.
The company based a high-performance member of the Airbus helicopter family, the AS350 B3, at the location and added 15 employees, including a staff of paramedics, nurses and a physician assistant. Collectively, the group has more than 100 years of critical care, air medical and emergency medical service experience. The company has also hired highly experienced pilots and a flight mechanic to serve the region. EagleMed plans to serve hospitals and first responders throughout Southwest Montana.
“We are honored by the invitation to bring our professional services to the state of Montana,” said EagleMed president Larry Bugg. “We will provide the citizens of Butte and the surrounding communities with the highest level of critical care air medical transport service available.”
Bugg added, “We have hired locally where possible for the base and also hired seasoned experts from outside the region that will make the Butte area their home. EagleMed is proud to bring these jobs to Butte while also serving the community’s needs as part of the overall healthcare system.”
The Butte location is EagleMed’s first Montana base. The company also operates in Cody, Wyo., serving the Big Horn Basin in that state and providing medical transport services to Billings as well as responding to emergency situations south of Billings and Yellowstone.
- Rescue helicopter ‘Juliet’ retires from Northland fleet
- US Navy grant to fund AnalySwift research to improve helicopter service life
- COVID-19 – Helijet offers free flights for healthcare workers
- Bell 360 Invictus chosen for US Army Scout Rotorcraft Competition
- Airbus-funded helicopter booking platform Voom ceases operations
- VFS 2020 Annual Awards announcements
- COVID-19 – Australian Rotortech event postponed to October
- USHST Infrastructure Working Group Completes 6th Annual Helicopter Infrastructure Summit
- FAA certifies Onboard Systems dual hook for Bell 206L and 407
- Utah Rotor Pathway Program Receives $1.1 Million Grant
- COVID-19 – Air BP to supply free fuel to a number of air ambulance services in England and Wales
- COVID-19 – EASA processing new aircraft configurations for medical transport at high priority
- HSM-70 Change-of-Command
- FAA Grants NATA Requested Crewmember Relief
- Airbus Helicopters launches RTEX tool to monitor Service Bulletins
- COVID-19 – Omni adapts four aircraft to transport suspected cases of COVID-19
- FAA advice on expiring air medical certificates was released prematurely and is invalid
- COVID-19 – London Heliport announces temporary closure
- Lockheed Martin’s FARA Enters Prototype Phase
- COVID-19 – 3 British Army AW159 Wildcats have been deployed to support UK with COVID-19