Hawker Pacific, the leading aircraft sales and product support company in Asia, the Pacific and the Middle East congratulates Bell Helicopter on the first successful flight of their Bell 505 Jet Ranger X and eagerly anticipate the introduction of the aircraft to the region.
The maiden flight took place at Bell Helicopter’s Mirabel, Québec manufacturing facility, lasting approximately 30 minutes and achieved a top speed of 60 knots. “We are thrilled to congratulate Bell Helicopter on the successful maiden flight of the Bell 505 Jet Ranger X,” said Nick Jones, Hawker Pacific’s Vice President, Aircraft Sales.
“The Australian market has been highly anticipating the latest evolution of the Bell 206 Jet Ranger. The Bell 505 Jet Ranger X, with its improved performance and modern technology, is set to be a leader in the short-light single class and aims to achieve the same successful operational reputation as its predecessor. The life-size mock-up of the Bell 505 received immense interest during its time in-country earlier this year; this first flight has been an eagerly awaited milestone. Hawker Pacific looks forward to the certification of the Bell 505 Jet Ranger X next year.”
Hawker Pacific debuted a mock-up of the aircraft at the 2014 RotorTech exhibition in May; the event allowed Australian operators a unique opportunity to observe the helicopter up close and learn about its exciting features and class-leading capabilities.
The Bell 505 Jet Ranger X is a five-seat, single-engine turbine helicopter and has a cruise speed of 125+ knots, offering best-in-class performance with a range of more than 360 nautical miles and a useful load of 1,500 pounds.
The customer-driven sleek modern design of the Jet Ranger X is the first SLS to incorporate a fully integrated high-visibility cockpit. The Garmin G1000H Integrated Avionics Suite will provide pilots critical flight information at a glance. Powered by the Turbomeca Arrius 2R engine, the Full Authority Digital Engine Control (FADEC) further reduces pilot workload. Additional enhanced safety features include a high inertia rotor system delivering superior autorotation capabilities.
The aircraft is designed to meet a wide variety of missions with its fully flat floor, increased cabin volume and clam shell doors that will provide customers the configuration flexibility needed in today’s market. It can support a wide variety of operation categories, including the utility segment, corporate and private owners, and training schools.
Hawker Pacific is the appointed distributor for Bell Helicopter products throughout Australia and New Zealand.
- New General Manager for Airbus Helicopters in Italy
- Summit Aviation extends MQ-8C Fire Scout contract
- MRO Insider Unveils AOG Mobile Application Preview for NBAA-BACE
- Leonardo delivers its 1,000th AW139 helicopter
- JETNET Launching JETNET for Salesforce product at NBAA-BACE
- LO Helicopter Committee Enthusiastic about Bell 525
- EHang Achieves World’s First Certificate of Unmanned Aircraft System Safety for AAVs
- Schiebel completes successful flight trials in Finland
- Candian 2019 Paramedic of the Year title won by STARS crew member
- 21 stakeholders sign Single European Sky agreement
- Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance to add second base at Aberdeen
- Elbit Systems completes acquisition of Harris Night Vision Business
- MDHI Awarded CLS and training contract
- Sheffield Children’s Hospital Helipad receives £562,500 boos
- FlightSafety now offers safety and security training for corporate crews and passengers
- Hampshire and IOW Air Ambulance missions up 62% year-on-year
- Airbus Foundation supports Bolivian efforts to fight fires in Amazon
- Students STEP into the Future with Bell
- Luton Airport to provide free fuel to Children’s Air Ambulance
- Omni signs 24 month contract with Constellation Oil