NHI is proud to announce the delivery to the Belgian Defence of its fourth NH90 Tactical Transport Helicopter.
This event took place in Marignane, where the helicopter was built, in the presence of Lt General Clement, General Director of Material and Resources.
This helicopter will be based in Beauvechain, home of the 1st Wing. It will be used for Tactical transport and utility missions.
“The delivery of this NH90TTH is the result of a very good cooperation between Industry and the Belgian Defence, from now on, NHI and its partner companies, will still work together in order to make sure the NH90 remains at the level of excellence demanded by its crews throughout its service life” declared Vincent Dubrule President of NHIndustries.
For this special event, two previously delivered Belgian NH90TTH landed in Marignane in the morning to be present at the delivery of the final Belgian NH90TTH. After the ceremony, the three helicopters took off together and headed towards Beauvechain Air Base in Belgium.
Belgium ordered eight NH90s, four NH90 TTH for army transport missions and four NH90 NFHs for Navy missions.
The NH90 TTH (Tactical Transport Helicopter) variant is a helicopter of 11 ton class primarily configured to perform tactical transport missions in all environments by day and night. The NH90 TTH flexibility allows its users to perform additional missions such as internal/external load transport, Heliborne Operations, Special Operations, Search and Rescue, Casualties Evacuation and Training missions.
The NH90 TTH is the most modern helicopter of its class available on the market. It features a high level of system integration built around a dual bus Core Avionic System, full glass cockpit with Multifunction Displays, Fly-by-wire controls with 4-axis Automatic Flight Control System. The dedicated Mission System includes among others: Piloting Forward Looking Infrared System, Helmet Mounted Sight and Display, Electronic Warfare System, Tactical Control and Tactical Communication System, Weather Radar, Digital Map
Generator and an on-board Monitoring and Diagnostic System. It features a fully composite crashworthy fuselage fitted with a rear ramp which allows the transport of a light tactical vehicle. The two Turbomeca RTM322 modern engines provide power reserve in all environments. The NH90 helicopter has provision for a number of role equipment to enable mission flexibility and effectiveness coupled with a high level of safety and survivability. As of today more than 217 NH90s have been delivered.
The twin-engine, medium-size NH90 helicopter program is managed by the consortium NHIndustries, the Company ownedby AgustaWestland (32%), Airbus Helicopters (62.5%), and Stork Fokker (5.5%).
- Emergency Services affected by Facebook Australia news ban
- Second group of Botswana police pilots training on Enstrom 480B
- Mauritius signs helicopter lease with India
- London’s Air Ambulance extends maintenance contract with SAS
- Bell Delivers Three Huey IIs to the Lebanese Air Force
- HAL Hands Over ALHs to the Indian Navy and Indian Coast Guard
- HAL’s LUH Receives IOC
- Student pilot disputes NTSB report
- New rules for helicopter flights in the Everest region
- EHang Further Rebuts Short-Seller’s Allegations Concerning its Relationship with Kunxiang
- Minot AFB already preparing for MH-139A Grey Wolf
- Indonesian Army receive second Bell 412EPI
- Irish Community Rapid Response Air Ambulance reports 2020 stats
- EHang Wins Urban Air Mobility Call from Paris
- Gulf Med Aviation Services to invest in MRO training
- WAI receives $250,000 grant to fund additional scholarships
- Sloane Helicopters ranked in top 40 UK private companies for international sales growth
- Strategic New Appointments At Midlands Air Ambulance Charity
- Foreign Military Sale to the Government of Kuwait of AH-64E Apache
- EHang Joins EU GOF 2.0 Research Project