Hong Kong operator HeliServices have reportedly committed to buying their third MD Explorer via Specialist Aviation Services in the UK. The aircraft will be delivered in the spring of 2015, and is currently on contract to the Wiltshire Police until the end of December. At that point Wiltshire Police become part of NPAS – the UK’s National Police Air Service – and the aircraft becomes surplus to requirements.
Specialist Aviation Services have already supplied one in October 2013 and a second in spring 2014. We understand that HeliServices were “strongly encouraged” to move to twin-engined operations by the Hong Kong CAA, particularly for their use of the Peninsular Hotel’s roof top helipad.
Heliservices was formed in 1978 as the first rotary-wing service provision company in Hong Kong. The company provides a multitude of aviation services including flightseeing tours, aerial filming and photography, banner towing, VIP charter services, aerial surveying, lifting and construction work and power line and inspection services. Heliservices also provides aircraft management and maintenance services with its own fully-certified Hong Kong HKAR Part 145.
Photos here is of the operator’s first Explorer, and is copyright of Keith C Wilson and used with permission. Please contact our news desk at [email protected] initially if you wish to reproduce this image on any other website.
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- MD overhauls CoxHealth MD902
- Tanis receives STC for MD902 Preheat System
- Cornwall Air Ambulance flies 670 missions with two MD902s in 2017
- CoxHealth adds second MD Explorer
- Yorkshire Air Ambulance confirms sale of 2 MD902 Helicopters
- Hungarian Police introduce MD902 fleet bought pre-owned from Germany
- Busiest Day in the Year for Lincolnshire and Nottingham Air Ambulance
- Londons Air Ambulance wins Pride of Britain Award
- London Air Ambulance boss quits
- Cornwall Air Ambulance make milestone 26,000th rescue
- JSSI increases helicopter coverage
- Hungarian Police buys five pre-owned MD Explorers
- Londons Air Ambulance launches photo competition for 2017 calendar
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance go 24×7 – but on four wheels
- Name for second MD Explorer announced by London Air Ambulance
- Cornwall Air Ambulance extends HQ with help of banking fines
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance Trust to replace MD Explorer with AW169
- Universal Avionics flies MD902 with InSight Integrated Flight Deck
- Cornwall Air Ambulance recruits eight doctors
- Yorkshire Air Ambulance orders second H145