President John Dramani Mahama, has pledged governments commitment to equipping the Ghana Armed Forces with adequate logistics to ensure the safety and security of the country’s airspace and maintenance of its territories, at the inauguration ceremony of a new hangar, operational equipment and vehicles at the Air Force Base in Accra on Thursday 20 November 2014.
The new ultramodern hanger, named after late Air Marshal John Asamoah Bruce, former Chief of Air Staff, comes with a host of ground support equipment such as a fork lift, refueling browser, five truck, generators and ambulance.
Three rehabilitated hangers were also named after Air Force Officers who served their tenure – Air Vice Marshal Odautey Barnor, Air Vice Marshal James EA Kotei, and Wing Commander Robert W Amonoo-Coleman, were also unveiled by the President.
The President announced plans by the government to get additional aircrafts for the Ghana Air Force training, peace support and combat operations to include Z-9 helicopters from China, Super Tucano aircrafts for training and for assault missions from Brazil, additional M-17 helicopters from Russia and a CASA 295 Plane from Air Bus Military of Spain.
President Mahama said the provision of these hangars all over the bases will provide a secure environment for the storage of aircrafts, thereby increasing their life span. He added that, it will enhance the capacity of the Air Force to maintain the increasing fleet of aircrafts being provided it by government.
“We must sustain the atmosphere of peace and security needed for the development of all sectors of the country, and if we must do that, we must continue to invest in the latest equipment not only for the Air Force, but for all the security agencies”, he added.
- Canada – Nipawin Council hires heliport designer
- Armenian Ministry of Emergency Situations to add firefighting helicopter
- Two helipads decommissioned in downtown San Diego
- Metro Aviation welcomes Duke Life Flight
- Leonardo celebrates the tenth anniversary of AW159 Wildcat’s first flight
- VSR700 prototype performs first flight
- EMSA extends Schiebel Camcopter contract in Croatia
- Sikorsky Innovations Announces 9th Entrepreneurial Challenge Awardees
- Bell joins army partnership for youth success program
- Metro Aviation provides flight demos of the EC145e at AMTC 2019
- HAI Names Recipient of Salute to Excellence Humanitarian Service Award
- The Helicopter Company of Saudi Arabia takes delivery of its first AW139
- HAI Announces 2020 Recipient of Salute to Excellence Safety Award
- Safran makes management appointments
- Metro seeks STC for Stryker configurations in EC145
- FAA creates ADS-B privacy opt-out
- Luxaviation Helicopters at FLIBS for first time
- Launch of HeliSpeed Academy
- Hampshire and IOW Air Ambulance Take Flight for 9,000th Mission
- HAI Announces Recipient of 2020 Salute to Excellence Lifetime Achievement Award