President John Dramani Mahama, has pledged governments commitment to equipping the Ghana Armed Forces with adequate logistics to ensure the safety and security of the country’s airspace and maintenance of its territories, at the inauguration ceremony of a new hangar, operational equipment and vehicles at the Air Force Base in Accra on Thursday 20 November 2014.
The new ultramodern hanger, named after late Air Marshal John Asamoah Bruce, former Chief of Air Staff, comes with a host of ground support equipment such as a fork lift, refueling browser, five truck, generators and ambulance.
Three rehabilitated hangers were also named after Air Force Officers who served their tenure – Air Vice Marshal Odautey Barnor, Air Vice Marshal James EA Kotei, and Wing Commander Robert W Amonoo-Coleman, were also unveiled by the President.
The President announced plans by the government to get additional aircrafts for the Ghana Air Force training, peace support and combat operations to include Z-9 helicopters from China, Super Tucano aircrafts for training and for assault missions from Brazil, additional M-17 helicopters from Russia and a CASA 295 Plane from Air Bus Military of Spain.
President Mahama said the provision of these hangars all over the bases will provide a secure environment for the storage of aircrafts, thereby increasing their life span. He added that, it will enhance the capacity of the Air Force to maintain the increasing fleet of aircrafts being provided it by government.
“We must sustain the atmosphere of peace and security needed for the development of all sectors of the country, and if we must do that, we must continue to invest in the latest equipment not only for the Air Force, but for all the security agencies”, he added.
- Airbus Helicopters launches RTEX tool to monitor Service Bulletins
- COVID-19 – Omni adapts four aircraft to transport suspected cases of COVID-19
- FAA advice on expiring air medical certificates was released prematurely and is invalid
- COVID-19 – London Heliport announces temporary closure
- Lockheed Martin’s FARA Enters Prototype Phase
- COVID-19 – 3 British Army AW159 Wildcats have been deployed to support UK with COVID-19
- HAI Urges Caution Re FAA Announcement for Airmen Medical Certificates
- Crash-resistant Fuel System Developed for Russian Ka-226T
- NCHCF continues to raise funds for heliport at Melfort Hospital
- DRF Luftrettung starts using new isolation stretchers
- COVID-19 – Leonardoto provide resources and people in support of COVID-19
- CHC calls for papers for Safety & Quality Summit
- SAFE to distribute M2 ERFS Tank Shoring System for CH-47
- COVID-19 – HAI applauds Congressional Action on pandemic relief
- General Electric awarded $11M extra for Presidential V-92 contract
- COVID19 – Bristow repurposes three ex-Coast Guard S92s for Corona virus transport
- COVID-19 – EBAA partners with Osprey Flight Solutions
- Bell awarded $815M contract for UH-1Y and AH-1Z repairs and upgrades
- COVID-19 – Aerial Firefighters adjust to the pandemic
- UT Health East Texas welcomes third rebranded EC135