President John Dramani Mahama, has pledged governments commitment to equipping the Ghana Armed Forces with adequate logistics to ensure the safety and security of the country’s airspace and maintenance of its territories, at the inauguration ceremony of a new hangar, operational equipment and vehicles at the Air Force Base in Accra on Thursday 20 November 2014.
The new ultramodern hanger, named after late Air Marshal John Asamoah Bruce, former Chief of Air Staff, comes with a host of ground support equipment such as a fork lift, refueling browser, five truck, generators and ambulance.
Three rehabilitated hangers were also named after Air Force Officers who served their tenure – Air Vice Marshal Odautey Barnor, Air Vice Marshal James EA Kotei, and Wing Commander Robert W Amonoo-Coleman, were also unveiled by the President.
The President announced plans by the government to get additional aircrafts for the Ghana Air Force training, peace support and combat operations to include Z-9 helicopters from China, Super Tucano aircrafts for training and for assault missions from Brazil, additional M-17 helicopters from Russia and a CASA 295 Plane from Air Bus Military of Spain.
President Mahama said the provision of these hangars all over the bases will provide a secure environment for the storage of aircrafts, thereby increasing their life span. He added that, it will enhance the capacity of the Air Force to maintain the increasing fleet of aircrafts being provided it by government.
“We must sustain the atmosphere of peace and security needed for the development of all sectors of the country, and if we must do that, we must continue to invest in the latest equipment not only for the Air Force, but for all the security agencies”, he added.
- Robinson production falls off a cliff in 2019
- Rheinmetall modernizing German NH90 flight simulators
- Volocopter and Grab conduct air-taxi feasibility study in Southeast Asia
- CareFlight adds fourth operational base in Darke County
- UK AAIB Bulletin – February 2020
- Air Methods contracts with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas
- Longbow LLC secures $235.8 M contract for Fire Control Radar Sustainment Work
- Devon Air Ambulance adds two Critical Care Cars
- Genesys Aerosystems HeliSAS® Receives STC Approval for Bell 505
- Gama Aviation releases Flight Data Monitoring mod for Airbus H135 and H145
- Babcock adds another EMS H145 in Italy
- Airbus proposes a modification of the Main Rotor Actuator on AS365 Dauphin
- Summit Aviation hires new Director of Sales and Marketing
- Rolls-Royce adds new Helicopter customers to TotalCare in 2019
- HeliSpeed Signs SAR Support Agreement with Cobham
- FlightSafety International appoints President and CEO
- Whirly-Girls International Reveals 2020 Scholarship Recipients
- Airbus delivers second ACH175 for superyacht operations
- Nepal – Simrik Air orders two Bell 505s
- Leidos and Rusada team up to deliver MRO and Flight Ops software