President John Dramani Mahama, has pledged governments commitment to equipping the Ghana Armed Forces with adequate logistics to ensure the safety and security of the country’s airspace and maintenance of its territories, at the inauguration ceremony of a new hangar, operational equipment and vehicles at the Air Force Base in Accra on Thursday 20 November 2014.
The new ultramodern hanger, named after late Air Marshal John Asamoah Bruce, former Chief of Air Staff, comes with a host of ground support equipment such as a fork lift, refueling browser, five truck, generators and ambulance.
Three rehabilitated hangers were also named after Air Force Officers who served their tenure – Air Vice Marshal Odautey Barnor, Air Vice Marshal James EA Kotei, and Wing Commander Robert W Amonoo-Coleman, were also unveiled by the President.
The President announced plans by the government to get additional aircrafts for the Ghana Air Force training, peace support and combat operations to include Z-9 helicopters from China, Super Tucano aircrafts for training and for assault missions from Brazil, additional M-17 helicopters from Russia and a CASA 295 Plane from Air Bus Military of Spain.
President Mahama said the provision of these hangars all over the bases will provide a secure environment for the storage of aircrafts, thereby increasing their life span. He added that, it will enhance the capacity of the Air Force to maintain the increasing fleet of aircrafts being provided it by government.
“We must sustain the atmosphere of peace and security needed for the development of all sectors of the country, and if we must do that, we must continue to invest in the latest equipment not only for the Air Force, but for all the security agencies”, he added.
- Columbia Helicopters Still Aims to Sell
- Irish SAR pilots to take industrial action
- Serbia to Order more Mi-17/Mi-35s from Russia
- Rolls-Royce Awarded $36M Contract for Delivery of 17 V-22 AE1107C Engines
- New police airbase in Essex
- Bell at SXSW 2019
- Bell Boeing JPO Awarded $144M Contract for V-22 Support
- Bell Awarded $440M Contract for AH-1Z Production
- Airbus consolidates its global digital strategy
- Landing Support team completes V-22 night taining
- New CAP 1747 Report Identifies Optimum Strategy for Flight Crew HTAWS Alerts
- Indonesian Army selects 9 Bell 412EPI
- NHV expands executive team
- HAL LCH Demonstrates Unique Capability
- Sikorsky Awarded $7M Contract for CH-53K Systems Modifications
- Adar Poonawalla takes delivery of India’s first ACH145
- Helijet supports Power To Be with new partnership
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Chief Operating Officer
- Unique Aerospace Physiology and Human Performance Update Course to be provided at Heli-Expo 2019
- Triumph Awarded DLA Contract Extension