STARS air ambulance and Snoman (Snowmobilers of Manitoba) Inc. are partnering to promote snowmobile safety this winter, as more than 34,500 Manitoba snowmobilers get ready to hit the trails. There were seven fatalities in total last season, including five off-trail, and two on-trail incidents.
Media are invited to the STARS Winnipeg base on Tuesday, Nov. 25 at 1:30 p.m. for a helicopter landing and rescue training demonstration involving an injured snowmobiler. Snoman President Alan Butler will be available to interview regarding ways to reduce risks and prevent injuries.
The helicopter landing and mock rescue will occur in a wooded area adjacent to the STARS hangar. Attending media are asked to dress appropriately for the cold conditions.
Snoman (Snowmobilers of Manitoba) Incorporated is dedicated to providing strong leadership and support to its member clubs to develop and maintain safe and environmentally responsible snowmobile trails to further the enjoyment of organized snowmobiling throughout Manitoba.
The Shock Trauma Air Rescue Society (STARS) is a non-profit helicopter air ambulance organization that provides rapid and specialized emergency care and transportation for critically ill and injured patients. Our doctors, nurses, paramedics, and pilots work with a team of dedicated support staff and community partners to save lives. STARS has flown more than 28,000 missions, including over 660 in Manitoba. We operate 24 hours a day, seven days a week from bases in Winnipeg, Regina, Saskatoon, Calgary, Edmonton, and Grande Prairie.
- Sikorsky Awarded $15M Contract for UH-60M Maintenance
- Japan National Police places order with Bell
- EASA certifies Safran Arrano 1A engine
- Airbus signs MoU with Pawan Hans for H145 and H225, plus AS365 support
- Blue Hawaiian Helicopters Appoints President & General Manager
- Leonardo working with Suzuyo on first AW139 Level D Full Flight Simulator in Japan
- Duke Energy picks GPMS Foresight HUMS
- Italian National Fire Corps orders five more AW139s
- Safran unveils Add+ engine technological demonstrator
- FAA approves Astronautics EFI on Leonardo AW109 and AW119
- UK Government praises Air Ambulance charities
- AeroVironment buys VTOL UAS Developer Pulse Aerospace
- Airbus Helicopters supports modernisation of training centre in Ukraine
- French Air Force reinforce its fleet of H225Ms
- First ground run of Tech TP turboprop demonstrator by Safra
- Donaldson celebrates international sales growth
- Russian Helicopters demonstrates Ansat’s satellite communication system
- Rostec to show Ansat at Paris Air Show 2019
- SH09 third prototype flies higher and faster in Sicily
- Experts spell out actions for safety excellence