STARS air ambulance and Snoman (Snowmobilers of Manitoba) Inc. are partnering to promote snowmobile safety this winter, as more than 34,500 Manitoba snowmobilers get ready to hit the trails. There were seven fatalities in total last season, including five off-trail, and two on-trail incidents.
Media are invited to the STARS Winnipeg base on Tuesday, Nov. 25 at 1:30 p.m. for a helicopter landing and rescue training demonstration involving an injured snowmobiler. Snoman President Alan Butler will be available to interview regarding ways to reduce risks and prevent injuries.
The helicopter landing and mock rescue will occur in a wooded area adjacent to the STARS hangar. Attending media are asked to dress appropriately for the cold conditions.
Snoman (Snowmobilers of Manitoba) Incorporated is dedicated to providing strong leadership and support to its member clubs to develop and maintain safe and environmentally responsible snowmobile trails to further the enjoyment of organized snowmobiling throughout Manitoba.
The Shock Trauma Air Rescue Society (STARS) is a non-profit helicopter air ambulance organization that provides rapid and specialized emergency care and transportation for critically ill and injured patients. Our doctors, nurses, paramedics, and pilots work with a team of dedicated support staff and community partners to save lives. STARS has flown more than 28,000 missions, including over 660 in Manitoba. We operate 24 hours a day, seven days a week from bases in Winnipeg, Regina, Saskatoon, Calgary, Edmonton, and Grande Prairie.
- Airbus awarded Australia’s ARH Tiger support contract extension
- VIH Aerospace Achieves AS9100D Certification
- Heli-One and Caverton Sign Support Agreement
- FlightSafety integrates its Mixed Reality and VITAL 1100 Visual Systems
- H135 final assembly line starts operations
- P&WC adds Designated Maintenance Facility in China for AW139 operators
- AVX Aircraft and L3 Technologies Unveil Leap-Ahead Design
- 360-Degree Pilot Visual System Completes First Flight
- MD Helicopters enhances MD969
- Pilot shortage at Nassau County Police unit
- Air Methods closes Rainbow City base in Alabama
- Honeywell T55 Engine Powers New Future Vertical Lift Aircraft
- DRF makes successful start at new Bautzen base
- Universal Avionics Receives STC for InSight™ Touchscreen Control
- US State Dept sells little-used S61T fleet
- DRF Luftrettung buys Northern HeliCopter GmbH
- RUAG STC integrates customized avionics and night vision capabilities
- Sikorsky Teamsters Win the Ergo Cup
- ARH Tiger support contract extension announced
- Era Helicopters Wins 2019 NOIA Safety in Seas Award