[electronic translation] The Helibras held this week, the delivery of the fifth helicopter EC725 the Brazilian Army. This is the seventh aircraft that the company delivered to the armed forces this year and is part of the 50 units acquired by the Ministry of Defence, under the H-XBR program , which provides for the absorption of new knowledge and production technologies in Brazil the EC725 .
This aircraft has night vision systems, enhanced shielding, dual winch hook to external load, rappelling system, fast roping and grape to incursions and troop withdrawals with greater agility. In addition to secure communication systems and next-generation navigation systems, the aircraft has an autopilot four axes that together reduce the crew workload, which makes her more dedicated to the mission. Army helicopters are used in logistics support, personnel carriers and humanitarian missions.
The Helibras continues to advance in its industrial cooperation program and has delivered 15 units of the helicopter EC725 . Aircraft already account for about 6,200 flight hours in various locations and missions and the first helicopters already delivered passed through the first inspections A / T in the workshop of the company.
Helibras is the only Brazilian manufacturer of helicopters and completed in 2014, 36 years of activities. Since its founding in 1978, the company has delivered more than 750 helicopters in Brazil, 70% of the Squirrel model, manufactured in Itajubá (MG). In 2012, began producing the EC725 (military) model, building a new assembly line and expanded all its facilities to this new program. Helibras is a subsidiary of Airbus Helicopters, which belongs to the Airbus Group, a world pioneer in aerospace and defense-related services. With participation of 47% in the Brazilian fleet of turbine helicopters, Helibras is the market leader and maintains facilities in Minas Gerais, São Paulo, Rio de Janeiro and Brasilia. Its factory, which employs more than 820 professionals and has 36 aircraft production capacity per year, manufactures and customizes many that meet the civil, government and military segments. In 2013, the company reported total sales of $ 389 million. More information: www.helibras.com.br .
About Airbus Helicopters
Airbus Helicopters, Eurocopter old, is a division of Airbus Group, a world pioneer in defense and aerospace services. Airbus Helicopters is the # 1 manufacturer of helicopters and has over 23,000 employees worldwide. With 46% market share in the civil and government sectors, the company’s fleet activity includes about 12,000 helicopters operated by more than 3,000 customers in approximately 150 countries. The international presence Helicopters Airbus is marked by its customer centers and participations in 21 countries by its global network of service centers, training facilities, distributors and certified agents. The range of civil and military helicopters Airbus Helicopters is the largest in the world and its aircraft account for a third of the world fleet of civilian and government aircraft.
- UK – National Grid to add second Bell 429
- First flight of UAVOS – TITRA joint project
- New Leonardo ASW system achieves milestone
- FAA Approves AeroLEDs For Part 27 Rotorcraft AeroLEDs
- Royal Navy opens new helipad facility in Plymouth
- Airbus improves EC145 anti-collision light
- STARS adds fourth and fifth Airbus H145 to fleet
- Airbus Helicopters will NOT be at Heli-Expo 2021
- 16-Jan-21 517 Bell UH-1H Busdi, Philippines (7F)
- Australia – CASA appoints acting CEO
- Nigerian AF partners with Caverton Helicopters for maintenance
- Container Research Corp wins V-22 aux tank contract
- Naval Supply Systems Command addresses V-22 supply concern
- Australia to replace Tiger with AH-64E
- 15-Jan-21 PH-TTR Airbus H135 Almere, Netherlands
- GAO reports on Washington DC area helicopter noise concerns
- HAI addresses pandemic worries about holding Heli-Expo 2021
- First flight for Airbus H160 for All Nippon Helicopter
- UK AAIB Bulletin – January 2021
- NTSB announces public board meeting on Kobe Bryant S76 accident