Following a wide consultation the UK Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) has today published its finalised Policy Framework for General Aviation (GA) regulation. The framework balances the CAA’s public commitment to regulate the UK GA sector in a more proportionate and evidence-based way with its duties to protect third parties, including the general public. The new approach will assist in making the UK GA sector innovative and vibrant.
The framework will be used by the CAA as a basis for all decisions around GA regulation, providing a transparent process for the GA community and others to follow. It explains how decisions will now be made based on evidence and risk and includes an example of how it would be applied.
At its heart is the desire to support the new top level principles for GA regulation:
• Only regulate directly when necessary and do so proportionately
• Deregulate where we can
• Delegate where appropriate
• Do not gold-plate, and quickly and efficiently remove gold-plating that already exists
• Help create a vibrant and dynamic GA sector in the UK.
More detail on the CAA’s GA activities and the work of the GA Unit are available at www.caa.co.uk/ga
For further media information please contact the CAA press office on 020 7453 6030.
- Slovenian Police receive first of two AW169s
- LCI launches 1st helicopter co-investment vehicle
- Life Flight Network and Saint Alphonsus Celebrate 10 Years
- Rostec will offer renewal of South Korean Ka-32 fleet
- Leonardo appoints UI International as Korea distributor
- Safran selects Onsight AR platform for remote customer support
- Japanese Prefectures Place Orders for Bell 412EPI
- Air Methods Relocates Black Hills Life Flight Base to Rapid City
- New York Helicopter Charter files for bankruptcy protection
- Denel helicopters not affected by aerostructures business exit
- Honeywell upgrades power and fuel efficiency on T55 engine for Chinook
- Canada approves AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- Sikorsky Introduces RAIDER X™
- US Army trialing new helicopter pilot training program
- NFAC tests next-generation military helicopter
- Aero Asset’s Q3 Preowned Helicopter Market Trends show improving conditions
- Sikorsky Showcases New Combat Rescue Helicopter
- UK Helicopter Museum celebrates 30 years
- Helity appointed AW139 Maintenance Centre by Leonardo
- Bell Appoints China State Grid GA as a Bell429 Authorized Maintenance Center