The fifth edition of this event provided a forum for detailed discussion to 60 helicopter tactics instructors and experts coming from 12 countries, as well as representatives of the Helicopter Tactics Course (HTC), Joint Air Power Competence Centre (JAPCC), AIRCOM Ramstein and NATO Special Operations Headquarters (NSHQ).
Briefings and discussions covered the latest lessons learned from current operations in Iraq, Syria, Mali and Afghanistan. Participants discussed various topics such as air assault operations planning process, target planning, vehicle interdiction, convoy escort and cooperation between attack and support helicopters.
All these topics aim to update the Helicopter Exercise Programme’s SOP (Standard Operating Procedures), which form the backbone document of the programme. They also allowed participants to start working on the scenario of the upcoming HEP exercise Italian Blade, which will take place in June and July next year in Viterbo. Initial information for exercise Cold Blade 2016 was also presented by the representative of the host nation, Finland.
At the end of the event, participants once again stressed the need for continued exchange of the latest tactical procedures within the HEP community.
- Airbus forms Team Nightjar for Australian special ops bid
- Boston MedFlight Reaches 80,000 Patient Transport Milestone
- US approves sale of one Sikorsky UH-60M to Jordan
- Northrop Grumman Supports Government Flight Testing of the MQ-8C Fire Scout Radar
- TUM developing AR solution for ship landings in rough seas
- DRF take stock of the corona pandemic in Germany
- DSCA approves sale of 6 UH-60M to Lithuania
- AirLink lands at Klamath County Fire District
- Accel-KKR and ParkerGale join forces to back ATP in its acquisition of FlightDocs
- New helipad opens at Royal Devon and Exeter hospital
- DRF tests droplet spread inside helicopters
- HeliTSA launches Rolls-Royce M250/RR300 engine training
- UK AAIB Bulletin – July 2020
- 14th Annual Electric Aircraft Symposium Goes Virtual
- New South Wales Government supports eVTOL development with grant
- HeliOffshore Appoints Chief Executive Officer
- Patria consolidates its helicopter maintenance operations in Norway
- Russian Helicopters delivers two Mi-8MTV-1 to Yamal Airlines
- NATA Announces 2020-2021 Board of Directors
- UAE and US Forces Conduct Combined Joint Operations in Arabian Gulf