The fifth edition of this event provided a forum for detailed discussion to 60 helicopter tactics instructors and experts coming from 12 countries, as well as representatives of the Helicopter Tactics Course (HTC), Joint Air Power Competence Centre (JAPCC), AIRCOM Ramstein and NATO Special Operations Headquarters (NSHQ).
Briefings and discussions covered the latest lessons learned from current operations in Iraq, Syria, Mali and Afghanistan. Participants discussed various topics such as air assault operations planning process, target planning, vehicle interdiction, convoy escort and cooperation between attack and support helicopters.
All these topics aim to update the Helicopter Exercise Programme’s SOP (Standard Operating Procedures), which form the backbone document of the programme. They also allowed participants to start working on the scenario of the upcoming HEP exercise Italian Blade, which will take place in June and July next year in Viterbo. Initial information for exercise Cold Blade 2016 was also presented by the representative of the host nation, Finland.
At the end of the event, participants once again stressed the need for continued exchange of the latest tactical procedures within the HEP community.
- USHST Initiatives Aim to Cut Down Fatal Accidents
- Russian Helicopters and Pratt & Whitney Canada sign contract
- Helicopter Sea Combat Squadron 8 Conducts Change of Command
- Raytheon debuts portable V-22 virtual reality trainer
- Honeywell collaborates with autonomous control innovator Daedalean
- Hungary takes delivery of its first two H145Ms
- Life Link III to help launch new research academy
- US Helicopter Occupant Safety – FAA online toolkit
- MDFR Orders AW139
- Airbus signs Global Support Contract for Tiger
- Boston MedFlight will now carry life-saving blood products
- LADWP Launches Human External Cargo Program
- Lockheed Martin makes Australia/NZ helicopter appointment
- Airbus improves service request facility in Keycopter portal
- MD Helicopters receive fourth Afghan MD530F order
- Helijet appoints Director of Maintenance
- 723 Squadron helicopters achieve 10,000 flying hours
- Inmarsat unveils new SwiftBroadband Helo X-Stream
- Babcock Offshore secures new North Sea helicopter contract
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance base gets green light