The fifth edition of this event provided a forum for detailed discussion to 60 helicopter tactics instructors and experts coming from 12 countries, as well as representatives of the Helicopter Tactics Course (HTC), Joint Air Power Competence Centre (JAPCC), AIRCOM Ramstein and NATO Special Operations Headquarters (NSHQ).
Briefings and discussions covered the latest lessons learned from current operations in Iraq, Syria, Mali and Afghanistan. Participants discussed various topics such as air assault operations planning process, target planning, vehicle interdiction, convoy escort and cooperation between attack and support helicopters.
All these topics aim to update the Helicopter Exercise Programme’s SOP (Standard Operating Procedures), which form the backbone document of the programme. They also allowed participants to start working on the scenario of the upcoming HEP exercise Italian Blade, which will take place in June and July next year in Viterbo. Initial information for exercise Cold Blade 2016 was also presented by the representative of the host nation, Finland.
At the end of the event, participants once again stressed the need for continued exchange of the latest tactical procedures within the HEP community.
- Trinidad & Tobago Air Guard to reactivate one of four AW139s
- ATSB reminds pilots of Low Rotor RPM response time
- Former Bristow Nigeria employees in court on parts theft charges
- Ace Aeronautics opens paint booth and media blast facility
- Uber Elevate teams with GE Aviation for flight data monitoring
- BAC Helicopters helps fight locust swarms in Kenya
- Astronautics RoadRunner EFI installed in Santa Barbara County Black Hawk
- Boost Systems improves HEC Suspension Line System
- Deadline to Apply for WAI Scholarships Here
- New-generation Euroflir410 selected for NH90 TFRA & Special forces
- Leonardo demonstrates helicopter-UAV teaming in the UK with its AW159 Wildcat
- Starspeed to manage two H145s on new polar vessel Ultramarine
- Ontario gold prospecting uses helicopter-borne geophysical survey
- Leonardo CEO Profumo given 6 year jail sentence and €2.5M file
- US Marine Corps retires AH-1W Cobra after 34 years
- NHV Group appoints Head of Commercial
- Simrik Air has initiated air ambulance services for COVID-19 patients
- CAE hands over CAE 700MR NH90 simulator to Royal New Zealand Air Force
- Helipad reopens at Ellwood City Medical Center
- Russian Helicopters delivers five Mi-8MTV-1