FlightSafety International and Abu Dhabi Aviation have signeda Letter of Intentto establish a Learning Center in Abu Dhabi. The signing took place at the Middle East Business Aviation conference in Dubai. This follows the Memorandum of Understanding signed in October, 2014.
“Signing this Letter of Intent with Abu Dhabi Aviation to establish a new Learning Centerdemonstrates our commitment to provide conveniently located high quality training services to aircraft operators in the Middle East,” said David Davenport, Senior Vice President. “Abu Dhabi Aviation’s experience and expertise in aviation, and reputation for delivering outstanding service, made them the ideal partner for this important project.”
“Selecting FlightSafety to provide industry-leading flight simulators and proven instructional technologies for the new Learning Center will establish Abu Dhabi as a major aviation hub and center of excellence for training in the Middle East,” said Nadir Al Hammadi, Chairman, Abu Dhabi Aviation.
The first phase of the Learning Center is scheduled to open in September 2015. The 8,000 square meter facility will accommodate eight full flight simulators and feature classrooms equipped with advanced technology training systems. Phase two will double the size of the Center and increase the number of flight simulators to 17.
The Center will offer training and related services for a wide variety of helicopters and fixed-wing aircraft and will serve operators of business, commercial and military aircraft.The trainingwill be provided by highly qualified instructors in accordance with the requirements of the United Arab Emirates General Civil Aviation Authority, European Aviation Safety Agency, and United States Federal Aviation Administration.
The new FlightSafety FS1000 simulatorswill be equipped with the company’s latest advancements in technology.They include the VITAL 1100 visual system, electric motion control and cueing, and advanced instructor operating station. Classrooms and other specialized instructional areas for self-paced and instructor-led learning will feature MATRIX, FlightSafety’s integrated training technology.
Abu Dhabi Aviation was established in 1976, and has grown to become the largest commercial helicopter operator and aircraft Maintenance Repair and Overhaul facilityin the Middle East. The company serves the offshore oil, engineering and construction industries throughout the region. Abu Dhabi Aviation is recognized for the outstanding service it provides, and the dedication, commitment and professionalism of its pilots, engineers and support staff.
FlightSafety International is the world’s premier professional aviation training company and supplier of flight simulators, visual systems and displays to commercial, government and military organizations. The company provides more than a million hours of training each year to pilots, technicians and other aviation professionals from 167 countries and independent territories. FlightSafety operates the world’s largest fleet of advanced full flight simulators at Learning Centers and training locations in the United States, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Japan, the Netherlands, Norway, South Africa, and the United Kingdom.
- Italian National Fire Corps orders five more AW139s
- Safran unveils Add+ engine technological demonstrator
- FAA approves Astronautics EFI on Leonardo AW109 and AW119
- UK Government praises Air Ambulance charities
- AeroVironment buys VTOL UAS Developer Pulse Aerospace
- Airbus Helicopters supports modernisation of training centre in Ukraine
- French Air Force reinforce its fleet of H225Ms
- First ground run of Tech TP turboprop demonstrator by Safra
- Donaldson celebrates international sales growth
- Russian Helicopters demonstrates Ansat’s satellite communication system
- Rostec to show Ansat at Paris Air Show 2019
- SH09 third prototype flies higher and faster in Sicily
- Experts spell out actions for safety excellence
- Dallas Airmotive joins MRO Insider’s Network of Maintenance Providers
- Sundance Helicopters Partners with Hillsboro Heli Academy
- Devon Air Ambulance pilot elected to prestigious flight safety post
- Speakers for 10th Anniversary Aeromedical Conference
- EU wide rules on drones published
- VIKING secures offshore helicopter PPE contract
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Communications Director