Pratt & Whitney Canada’s new PW210A engine has earned certification from the European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA), further clearing the way for its entry into service on AgustaWestland’s new AW169 helicopter.
The PW210A engine, selected in 2010 by AgustaWestland to power the AW169 helicopter, received its first certification with Transport Canada in July 2014. The engine benefits from state-of-the-art technologies resulting in best-in-class fuel burn, power density and operability. Its next-generation FADEC offers advanced diagnostics, APU-mode capability and key features for ease of operation and reduced pilot workload.
The PW210A engine is a derivative of the PW210S engine powering the Sikorsky S-76D helicopter, which entered into service in December 2013. The high-time PW210S engine has accumulated over 1,000 hours of flawless operation. The PW210 engine family proudly builds on the success and extensive experience of P&WC’s product lines, which have accumulated over 638 million hours of operation.
About Pratt & Whitney Canada
Founded in 1928, and a global leader in aerospace, Pratt & Whitney Canada (P&WC) is shaping the future of business aviation with dependable, high-technology engines. Every second, a P&WC-powered aircraft takes off or lands somewhere in the world. P&WC’s engines, with more than 620 million hours in the air, are the industry benchmark for innovative design, dispatch reliability, operating economics and easy maintenance. P&WC is firmly committed to ensuring that its products are designed, produced and operated while minimizing environmental impacts throughout their life cycle.
There are currently more than 50,000 engines in service on more than 29,000 aircraft operated by more than 10,000 operators worldwide. This global fleet is supported by the most extensive support network in the industry, including more than 30 company-owned and designated service facilities that provide flexibility to customers over the world.
Based in Longueuil, Quebec (Canada), P&WC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of United Technologies Corporation company (UTC). UTC is a diversified company that provides a broad range of high-technology products and services to the global aerospace and building systems industries.
- FlightSafety appoints Executive Director of Operations
- Blue Hawaiian Helicopters Named ‘Best Tour Company’ in Hawaii
- Bell Awarded $28M Contract for UH-1N and TH-1H Support
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance to receive £1.5M grant towards £4M hangar
- Aviation Blade Services Joins First Aviation Services Family
- Rusada unveils new Technical Publications module for ENVISION
- US accident data heading for worst year in over a decade
- Derriford Hospital helipad sees 1700 landings in four years
- Geisinger Life Flight Implement WinAir Digital Signatures
- The Air Ambulance Service scoops national charity award
- Leonardo Helicopters picks workwear supplier for Yeovil production plant
- HAI Hires New Director of Government Affairs
- Heli-Parts Nevada acquired by Salus Aviation
- Heli-One appoints New VP H1 Operations
- DRF Luftrettung receives EURAMI certification
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Winner of 2019 Alfred Gessow Best Paper Award
- WJZ-CBS Baltimore Adds Robinson R66 Newscopter
- 1st CAB Commander Makes Final Flight
- Star Navigation Announces MEDEVAC Agreement with Airmedic Inc.
- Airbus makes changes to its Executive Committee