Pratt & Whitney Canada’s new PW210A engine has earned certification from the European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA), further clearing the way for its entry into service on AgustaWestland’s new AW169 helicopter.
The PW210A engine, selected in 2010 by AgustaWestland to power the AW169 helicopter, received its first certification with Transport Canada in July 2014. The engine benefits from state-of-the-art technologies resulting in best-in-class fuel burn, power density and operability. Its next-generation FADEC offers advanced diagnostics, APU-mode capability and key features for ease of operation and reduced pilot workload.
The PW210A engine is a derivative of the PW210S engine powering the Sikorsky S-76D helicopter, which entered into service in December 2013. The high-time PW210S engine has accumulated over 1,000 hours of flawless operation. The PW210 engine family proudly builds on the success and extensive experience of P&WC’s product lines, which have accumulated over 638 million hours of operation.
About Pratt & Whitney Canada
Founded in 1928, and a global leader in aerospace, Pratt & Whitney Canada (P&WC) is shaping the future of business aviation with dependable, high-technology engines. Every second, a P&WC-powered aircraft takes off or lands somewhere in the world. P&WC’s engines, with more than 620 million hours in the air, are the industry benchmark for innovative design, dispatch reliability, operating economics and easy maintenance. P&WC is firmly committed to ensuring that its products are designed, produced and operated while minimizing environmental impacts throughout their life cycle.
There are currently more than 50,000 engines in service on more than 29,000 aircraft operated by more than 10,000 operators worldwide. This global fleet is supported by the most extensive support network in the industry, including more than 30 company-owned and designated service facilities that provide flexibility to customers over the world.
Based in Longueuil, Quebec (Canada), P&WC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of United Technologies Corporation company (UTC). UTC is a diversified company that provides a broad range of high-technology products and services to the global aerospace and building systems industries.
- Schiebel completes successful flight trials
- Candian 2019 Paramedic of the Year title won by STARS crew member
- 21 stakeholders sign Single European Sky agreement
- Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance to add second base at Aberdeen
- Elbit Systems completes acquisition of Harris Night Vision Business
- MDHI Awarded CLS and training contract
- Sheffield Children’s Hospital Helipad receives £562,500 boos
- FlightSafety now offers safety and security training for corporate crews and passengers
- Hampshire and IOW Air Ambulance missions up 62% year-on-year
- Airbus Foundation supports Bolivian efforts to fight fires in Amazon
- Students STEP into the Future with Bell
- Luton Airport to provide free fuel to Children’s Air Ambulance
- Omni signs 24 month contract with Constellation Oil
- Metro Aviation takes delivery of first Airbus EC145e
- Mecaer Delivers Bell 505 MAGnificent
- More than $360,000 raised for STARS
- AeroVironment unveils VAPOR all-electric helicopter UAS
- StandardAero expands with Safe Aviation Solutions acquisition
- CPI Aero gains orders for T70 Turkish Utility Helicopter Program
- CHC Appoints New Executive Lead for Global Operations and Supply Chain