PZL-Świdnik, an AgustaWestland company, is pleased to announce that it has signed a contract with the Spanish company Hispánica de Aviación S.A (HASA) for three W-3A Sokół helicopters in fire-fighting configuration. The contract will also see PZL-Świdnik deliveran Initial Spare Parts (ISP) package, Ground Support Equipment (GSE) and a comprehensive training package.
These three new aircraft will add to HASA’s existing helicopter fleet, which includes, among others, 26 helicopters produced by PZL-Świdnik, 13 of them from the Sokół range.HASA, a leader in the aviation services market, performs fire-fighting, medical rescue and transport missions and has been cooperating with PZL-Świdnik since 2009.
The contract was signed during a ceremony held on 5th December at AgustaWestland’s headquarters in Cascina Costa, Italy. Attending the ceremony were HASA’s representatives, led by Miguel Porrero, CEO, and executives fromAgustaWestland and PZL-Świdnik including Daniele Romiti, CEO, AgustaWestland and Mieczysław Majewski, President of PZL-Świdnik’s Management Board.
The W-3A Sokół helicopters, to be delivered to HASA in 2015, are capable of VFR/IFR operations and will be equipped with an external cargo hook, Bambi bucket installation for fire-fighting, external cargo container and provisions for a rescue hoist, emergency floatation system as well as a foam dispensing system.
The Sokół has proven to be highly effective, reliable and rugged helicopter for fire-fighting missions.
Twenty fire-fighting configured Sokół helicopters are already being used by clients in Spain, Portugal and Chile. In total, PZL-Świdnik has produced almost 180 Sokół helicopters.
The W-3A Sokół is a twin engine helicopter with a maximum take-off weight of 6,400 kg that can carry up to 14 passengers as well as cargo. The helicopter is capable of operating in all climates and weather conditions, day or night. The Sokół can perform a wide range of roles including passenger & VIP transport, law enforcement, EMS/SAR and fire fighting. A multi-role combat support helicopter variant of the Sokół, designated the W-3PL Głuszec, has also been developed and is in service with the Polish Armed Forces.
- Key deliveries of W-3PL Głuszec and W-3RM Anakonda to Polish military
- AgustaWestland sold $1.3 Billion worth of helicopters to Algeria
- 04-Apr-15 EC-KIR PZL W3 Fernán Pérez, Spain
- Polish-produced W-3PL helicopters demo capabilities at European military exercise
- 07-Aug-14 310921 PZL W-3 Sokol Marawi City, Philippines
- Uganda orders GrandNew and W-3A Sokol for Law Enforcement
- Final VIP Sokol delivered to the Polish Air Force
- Second VIP Sokol delivered to Polish Air Force
- PZL-Świdnik delivers last two W3 Sokols to Philippine Air Force
- W3A Sokol to be displayed at EHS
- Fifth and sixth Sokols delivered to the Philippine Air Force
- Two firefighting helicopters crash in Spain
- 02-Jul-12 EC-JUN PZL Sokol Sierra Martes, Spain
- 25 helicopters due for Philippine Air Force this year
- First batch of Philippine Air Force Sokols enter service
- Polish military signs for 5 new and 14 upgraded helicopters from PZL-Åšwidnik
- INAER to expand firefighting ops with more W-3A Sokols
- 18-Jun-11 SP-SUI PZL Sokol Tabuyo, Spain
- Philippines to receive eight Sokols, looks to upgrade MD 520s
- 19-Mar-11 PZL Sokol Seosan, South Korea (1F)