The upward trend that is lifting the global commercial helicopter market is predicted to continue, according to recent reports, with up to 5,500 civilian use helicopters expected to be delivered during 2014-2018. This provides a positive backdrop for Helitech International, run in association with the European Helicopter Association which returns to ExCeL London on 6 – 8 October 2015.
The increasing global appeal of Helitech International is highlighted by the participation in the 2015 show of such new exhibitors as Gulf Helicopters Company, a helicopter services provider primarily servicing the oil and gas industry in Middle East, Yemen, North Africa and India. Also making their Helitech International debut are Germany based, Northrop Grumman Litef, which specialises in inertial sensors, inertial reference and navigation systems and computers; and Austrian company TEST – FUCHS, a major player in the field of test equipment for aviation and space technology, ground support equipment and aircraft ground equipment.
Helitech International Event Director, John Hyde, said, ‘We are delighted to see how Helitech International is attracting exhibitors that supply key growth areas of rotorcraft operations, such as oil and gas offshore transportation, air ambulance and aerial services. The event also provides a powerful global platform for companies supplying technologies for territorial surveillance, crime prevention and natural disaster relief. Meanwhile, Helitech International continues to be recognised as a premier forum for maintenance, repair and overhaul and other support services’.
He continued, ‘ExCeL London provided an outstanding launch pad for Helitech International in 2013. We are confident that factors such as the availability of helicopter movement slots and our most wide ranging visitor promotion campaign yet will make Helitech International 2015 a landmark event.’
Helitech has long been established as the leading show in the rotary wing market outside the USA. The event was launched in 1986 alongside Offshore Europe in Aberdeen before moving to run as a standalone event at Redhill in 1987. Helitech stayed at Redhill until it moved to The Imperial War Museum, Duxford in 2001. In 2011 Helitech proudly celebrated 25 years of supporting the rotary industry. In 2012 Helitech International was established, in association with the European Helicopter Association, to attract a wider international audience and offer exhibitors and visitors alike the opportunity to network on an international level. Helitech International 2015 will take place at the ExCeL, London from 6-8 October 2015. www.helitechevents.com
About Reed Exhibitions
Reed Exhibitions is the world’s leading events organizer, with over 500 events in 40 countries. In 2013 Reed brought together over six million active event participants from around the world generating billions of dollars in business. Today Reed events are held throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and Africa and organized by 34 fully staffed offices. Reed Exhibitions serves 43 industry sectors with trade and consumer events and is part of the Reed Elsevier Group, a world leading provider of professional information solutions. www.reedexpo.com
The new European Helicopter Association (EHA) is a non-profit Association whose members are the National Helicopter Associations Committee (NHAC) representing 11 countries in Europe and the European Helicopter Operators Committee (EHOC), the Rotorcraft community of specialists within the Off-Shore operators. The Association’s mission is to speak as the voice for the European Rotorcraft industry at the European Institutions and elsewhere, representing and promoting the best interests of all sectors.
- Nepal – Summit Helicopters rebrands back to original Fishtail Air name
- Airbus appoints Head of External Communications
- Garmin® unveils the fourth generation GPS/NAV/COMM
- Boeing delivered more new Apaches than 737s in 2019 Q4
- Farewell Message from Matt Zuccaro as he hands over HAI
- Manufacturing of Tiltrotor AW609 wind tunnel model via SLS and Windform
- Sikorsky, Rheinmetall Unveil Plans for German Heavy-Lift CH-53K
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Continued Strong Growth
- Era Group Names Senior Vice President of Business Development
- Schiebel Camcopter S-100 deployed for river pollution crisis in Malaysia
- 25,000 missions for Essex & Herts Air Ambulance
- Bristow used Chapter 11 process to drop Airbus H175 order
- US Navy awards $2.68 Billion contract for APKWS rockets
- THOMMEN delivers first multi function displays for the AW129
- Milestone Aviation Group names CEO
- Air Methods Promotes new CEO
- HH-60W enters chamber for defense systems testing
- Botswana police order three Enstrom 480B
- “Who Rates Best to Avoid Fatal Helicopter Accidents? Who Rates Worst?”
- S.A.F.E. will present a Maintenance Safety session at Heli Expo 2020