Hydro One’s AS355 NPwill provide support for the utility’swork across Ontario, including pole and power line patroland maintenance.The aircraft will be based in Oro Station, Ontario and is the firsttwin-engine from the 350 series acquired by Hydro One.
“Selection of a twin-engine aircraft was a natural next step for today’s hydro operations. The AS355 is an investment in our continued focus on safety,” said Gregory Lester, Helicopter Services Manager, Hydro One.“The twin-engine format of the NP adds a redundancy that increases the safety component while the aircraft operates in the low altitude, wired environment.”
Hydro One currently operatesa large Airbus Helicopters fleet ofaircraftthat includes4 AS350 B2’s and 3 AS350 B3’s.
“Airbus Helicopters is proud to support Hydro One’s move to the twin-engine market with the AS355.”said Mr. Romain Trapp, President, Airbus Helicopters Canada. “Thisaircraft will be a perfect fit for Hydro One’s mission requirements and we thank them for once again entrusting Airbus Helicopters to support their operations.”
The AS355 has been outfitted with a wide variety of Airbus Helicopters’ optional equipment. The utility package, which has been developed in Canada and is now available on the latest version of Airbus Helicopters’ light twin-engine aircraft,includes installation of cargo pods, wire strike, floor window, high visibility doors, dual controls, longline capabilities, lead acid battery, settling protectors and cargo mirror.
With excellent handling, robustness and ease of maintenance, the AS355 NP incorporates twin-engine added reliability and performance – making it ideal for demanding operations over water, rugged terrain and urban areas. Renowned for its low operation and maintenance costs, this helicopter benefits from the reliability and safety of its two Turbomeca Arrius 1A1 engines and is equipped with a full authority digital engine control (FADEC) system.
About Hydro One Inc.
Hydro One delivers electricity safely, reliably and responsibly to homes and businesses across the province of Ontario and owns and operates Ontario’s 29,000 km high-voltage transmission network that delivers electricity to large industrial customers and municipal utilities, and a 122,000 km low-voltage distribution system that serves about 1.3 million end-use customers and smaller municipal utilities in the province. Hydro One is wholly owned by the Province of Ontario.
About Airbus Helicopters Canada
Airbus Helicopters Canada, formerly Eurocopter Canada, is a subsidiary of Airbus Helicopters and a leading supplier of helicopters in Canada. Our helicopters are used across the country in key parapublic and civil roles which include: law enforcement, emergency medical services, oil & gas, mining, firefighting, hydroelectric utilities, environmental surveys, tour and corporate transport. Airbus Helicopters was established in Fort Erie, Ontario in 1984 and has additional operations in Richmond, British Columbia and Montreal, Quebec as well as a support and customer service network in place to support a fleet of over 670 helicopters in the country. The company is celebrating 30 years of success in Canada this year.
About Airbus Helicopters
Airbus Helicopters, formerly Eurocopter, is a division of Airbus Group, a global pioneer in aerospace and defense related services. Airbus Helicopters is the world’s No. 1 helicopter manufacturer and employsmore than 23,000 people worldwide. With 46 percent market share in civil and parapublic sectors, the company’s fleet in service includes some 12,000 helicopters operated by more than 3,000 customers in approximately 150 countries. Airbus Helicopters’ international presence is marked by its subsidiaries and participations in 21 countries, and its worldwide network of service centers, training facilities, distributors and certified agents. Airbus Helicopters’ range of civil and military helicopters is the world’s largest; its aircraft account for one third of the worldwide civil and parapublic fleet. The company’s chief priority is to ensure the safe operation of its aircraft for the thousands of people who fly more than 3 million hours per year.
- Online bookings open for new Isles of Scilly AW139 service
- Countdown to WAI Girls in Aviation Day Underway
- S.A.F.E. Successfully Completes STAGE 2 ISO 9001:2015 Audit
- NEXA Advisors Completes Landmark Urban Air Mobility Study
- Leonardo delivers AW119Kx VIP to customer in Chile
- Bell 407GXi earns IFR certification
- Dickson sworn in as new FAA Administrator
- Bell Announces 200th Bell 505 Jet Ranger X Delivery
- Pratt & Whitney to Open New Engine Overhaul Centre in Brazil
- Life Flight Network Achieves NAAMTA Medical Transport Accreditation
- WAI Receives Grant from the ISTAT Foundation
- Cornwall Air Ambulance appoints first Vice President
- Kopter enters the Brazilian market
- Leonardo confirms solid presence in the Brazilian VIP market at
- Elbit to supply components for CV-22 Color Helmet Mounted Display System
- East Anglia Air Ambulance to extend Norwich head office
- Forecast International Publishes White Paper on Global Outlook for Helicopters
- German NH90s get upgrade with Rohde & Schwarz radios
- Airbus now accepting nominations for sixth annual ‘Innovation in Safety Award’
- Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance Shortlisted for Third Sector Awards