Waypoint Leasing (Ireland) Limited (“Waypoint”), a leading global helicopter leasing company, today announced that it has closed the acquisition of a portfolio of 31 in-demand, new technology aircraft from First Reserve, the largest global private equity and infrastructure investment firm exclusively focused on energy. The portfolio includes 18 AgustaWestland AW139s, 11 Sikorsky S-92s and two Sikorsky S76C++ aircraft models. All aircraft are subject to long-term lease agreements with the CHC Group Ltd. (NYSE:HELI), in support of global oil and gas and search and rescue operations.
“We are pleased to close such a significant transaction over a very short period,” said Ed Washecka, Chief Executive Officer of Waypoint. “Waypoint has both the operational expertise and access to capital to execute both large and small scale transactions across a variety of markets very efficiently. We continue to see strong underlying demand for new technology helicopters in support of oil and gas production facilities and we remain well-positioned to meet our customers’ needs.”
Alan Jenkins, CFO of Waypoint, added, “We have successfully executed on our growth plans this year, meeting our goal of over $1 billion in assets, and look forward to further growth in 2015 and beyond. At the same time, we continue to diversify our financing relationships and have taken on very attractive export credit agency debt through the 31 aircraft transaction.”
Through this acquisition, Waypoint increases its current fleet to 85 aircraft and total assets in excess of $1.1 billion. The aircraft are on lease and generating revenue with 11 customers operating in 20 countries around the world in oil and gas, emergency medical service, search and rescue, firefighting, governmental support and other operations. Additionally, Waypoint has firm and option orders with aircraft manufacturers for additional helicopters valued at more than $1 billion at list prices, to be delivered over the next five years.
About Waypoint Leasing:
Waypoint Leasing is a global helicopter leasing company that provides operating lease and financing solutions to helicopter operators worldwide. Headquartered in Limerick, Ireland, Waypoint Leasing differentiates itself with a senior management team that has direct helicopter operating and leasing experience in key helicopter markets around the world, having leased helicopters across Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe and North and South America. Waypoint Leasing serves a wide range of sectors including oil and gas, emergency medical service, search and rescue, firefighting and governmental support. Further information is available at www.waypointleasing.com.
About First Reserve:
First Reserve is the largest global private equity and infrastructure investment firm exclusively focused on energy. With over 30 years of industry insight, investment expertise and operational excellence, the Firm has cultivated an enduring network of global relationships and raised more than USD $30 billion of aggregate capital since inception. First Reserve has completed more than 475 transactions (including platform investments and add-on acquisitions) on six continents. Its portfolio companies span the energy spectrum from upstream oil and gas to midstream and downstream, including resources, equipment and services and infrastructure.
- Heli-One appoints New VP H1 Operations
- DRF Luftrettung receives EURAMI certification
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Winner of 2019 Alfred Gessow Best Paper Award
- WJZ-CBS Baltimore Adds Robinson R66 Newscopter
- 1st CAB Commander Makes Final Flight
- Star Navigation Announces MEDEVAC Agreement with Airmedic Inc.
- Airbus makes changes to its Executive Committee
- 13th Annual Electric Aircraft Symposium Lands in Oshkosh
- USHST Perceives a Deadly Trend for the Helicopter Industry
- Ipswich Hospital helipad marks first anniversary
- Meghalaya State Government to extend helicopter service?
- London’s Air Ambulance treats 40,000th patient
- HAL seeks private investment to expand Dhruv production
- NHV Expands Executive Team
- LCI Helicopters closes new $75M financing from CaixaBank
- Mi-38 successfully passed testing in extreme conditions
- The high altitude flight campaign of the new H145 starts in Chile
- Korean CAA approves AW109 simulator
- Airbus Helicopters, Inc. and head of North America region appointments
- Sikorsky Awarded $22M Contract for CH-53K Support