Metro Aviation and the Massachusetts State Police Air Wing have partnered since 2009 and Metro recently delivered the fourth EC135 to the department.
“Metro Aviation has integrated the FLIR, Aerocomputers, Helinet downlink and L-3 DVR to assist our crews supporting our public safety mission,” said Lt. Robert Smith, Unit Commander. The modern technology and avionics installed on the twin-engine aircraft are essential tools for the Massachusetts State Police Air Wing.
The Air Wing responds to more than 1,900 mission requests each year and is often called upon to collaborate with state and local incident commanders for search missions, incident and scene assessment, aerial photography, or investigative support and surveillance.
“Working with the Massachusetts State police has been a true pleasure,” said Metro Managing Director Milton Geltz. “They were very specific on the needs and specifications for their mission profile. The collaborative efforts resulted in a highly sophisticated, adaptable and manageable tool to perform the complex business of airborne surveillance.”
Metro Aviation specializes in law enforcement completions, as well as air medical, corporate and utility. The 160,000 square foot completion center in Shreveport, Louisiana houses departments for production, machining, avionics, paint and installation. Metro completes about 35 aircraft each year.
- China to sanction Lockheed Martin
- Innisfail Health Centre helipad closed for safety improvements
- Newport Helicopter Tours Celebrates 20th Anniversary
- KAI aims to export first Korean-made helicopter to Indonesia
- Air ambulances in Nova Scotia now carry supply of blood
- Melfort Union Hospital helipad goes out to tender
- Trakka delivers total surveillance solutions package to Mexio
- Nigerian Air Force inaugurates helipad for anti-bandit operations
- First Bell Boeing V-22 Osprey delivered to Japan
- Royal Hobart Hospital helipad now open
- Trakka delivers total surveillance solutions package for Colombian National Police
- Black Hills Life Flight adds blood and plasma to all flights
- Kaikoura Helicopters partners with marine welfare organisation
- Ace Aeronautics Earns STC for ACE DECK VL-60 Integrated Flight Deck
- A Reduction in Helicopter Operations Leads to a Reduction in Accidents
- Airbus marks 60 years of long-standing partnership with Japan
- Ultimate Heli Renewal of ISO 9001:2015 Certification
- Leonardo delivers its first basic training AW169 to the Italian Army
- Airbus forms Team Nightjar for Australian special ops bid
- Boston MedFlight Reaches 80,000 Patient Transport Milestone