EAGLE COPTERS LTD a world leader in helicopter sales, leasing,product development and engineering—proudly announces the receipt of Federal Aviation Administration certification for its Eagle 407HP.
Less than two weeks after announcing itsTransport Canada certification, Eagle Copters is extremely proud to announce the receipt of FAA certification for their Eagle 407HP conversion program.By virtue of a Supplemental Type Certification (STC),the upgrade replaces the OEM-installed Rolls Royce C47 turbine engine with a ‘next-generation’ Honeywell HTS900 turbine engine, significantly improving the Bell 407 helicopter’s high altitude and hot ambient temperature performance.
“We’re very excited about gaining FAA certification so soon after Transport Canada certification,” said David “Spyke” Whiting, VP Sales and Marketing for Eagle Copters. “We would also like to extend a ‘thank you’ to both Transport Canada and the Federal Aviation Administration for their close coordination throughout the entire certification program, without which, this monumental accomplishment could never have been achieved.”
Among the standout advantages offered to operators seeking even better performance from the Bell 407—considered to be one of the most versatile helicopters in operation today—the Eagle 407HP conversion introduces increased shaft horsepower, improving the payload capability andultimately resulting inincreased capabilitiesof the helicopter over a wider operating spectrum. Additional key benefits provided by theEagle Copters conversion includeincreased speed, reduced fuel consumption, and the incorporation of a true dual-channel FADEC engine control system.
“This program would not have been possible without the excellent team we have assembled at Eagle Copters,”Whiting additionally proclaimed. “Our thanks go out to them both fortheir perseverance and for having the foresight to run the certification programs virtually in parallel.” The company reports three firm orders have been taken over the recent holiday break with a significant increase in interest in the program.For more information, contact sales at [email protected] or visit www.eaglecopters.com.
Eagle Copters Ltd is a family owned and operated business of 40 years, with a well-earned reputation for taking a highly personalized approach to providing leading helicopter solutions to customers worldwide. Specializing in sales, leasing, product development and engineering, and a Bell Platinum Customer Service provider, Eagle Copters has the expertise and unique capabilities to serve and support across virtually every aspect of the industry. Additionally, it has the certifications, experience and proven reliability to meet the needs of a diversity of government and business sector clients, active in security, defense, utilities, emergency medical services and more. Founded in 1975 and still based in Calgary, Alberta, today’s Eagle Copters has subsidiaries and affiliated operations in Springfield, Missouri (USA), Santiago, (Chile) and Coff’s Harbour, NSW (Australia). Learn more about our business, and those we serve, at www.eaglecopters.com
- French Air Force reinforce its fleet of H225Ms
- First ground run of Tech TP turboprop demonstrator by Safra
- Donaldson celebrates international sales growth
- Russian Helicopters demonstrates Ansat’s satellite communication system
- Rostec to show Ansat at Paris Air Show 2019
- SH09 third prototype flies higher and faster in Sicily
- Experts spell out actions for safety excellence
- Dallas Airmotive joins MRO Insider’s Network of Maintenance Providers
- Sundance Helicopters Partners with Hillsboro Heli Academy
- Devon Air Ambulance pilot elected to prestigious flight safety post
- Speakers for 10th Anniversary Aeromedical Conference
- EU wide rules on drones published
- VIKING secures offshore helicopter PPE contract
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Communications Director
- Boeing Awarded $194M Contract for MH-47G Procurement
- 30 years of Christoph 51 in service
- Airbus to mark 50 years of pioneering achievements at Paris Air Show 2019
- US Navy Reservist Takes Helm of Helicopter Training Squadron 8
- Workhorse Group Secures Financing
- VFS Expands Support to eVTOL