Erickson Incorporated (NASDAQ:EAC), a leading global provider of aviation services, announced today that the company will expand its relationship with HRT Participações em Petróleo, S.A. (“HRT”) with a two-year contract beginning Q1 2015. This signing furthers the partnership between HRT and Erickson and demonstrates Erickson’s strong market position in the South American oil and gas industry. Two Sikorsky S-76C+ helicopters will be used to transport HRT’s personnel to their off-shore rig 60 miles from Rio de Janeiro.
Brazil is expected to lead the global growth of the oil and gas market over the next several years and is anticipated to see the highest increase in ranking of the world’s oil reserves between now and 2020. Air Amazonia has been HRT’s trusted aerial service provider since 2011, and Erickson has a reputation of expertise, strong past performance and safety. This combination of attributes reinforces the company’s growing reputation within the South American oil and gas Industry.
“This contract builds on our work being executed in Ecuador, Peru and Brazil and solidifies our strategic presence in South America,” said Udo Rieder, Erickson President and CEO. “This is our first win in the off-shore oil and gas market and we look forward to continuing to expand our presence.”
Erickson’s extensive portfolio of successful and safe passenger transport and heavy-lift projects across the globe speaks to its trusted brand and reputation. Erickson employs the world’s most qualified pilots and maintenance personnel essential to performing safe and reliable flight operations.
Erickson is a leading global provider of aviation services for a diverse mix of commercial and government customers. Erickson currently operates a diverse fleet of 86 rotary-wing and fixed-wing aircraft, including 20 heavy-lift S-64 Aircranes. The Aircrane is the only helicopter in the world with an aft-facing pilot station used to control extreme precision load placement. This fleet supports a wide and worldwide variety of government and commercial customers, across a broad range of aerial services, including critical supply and logistics for deployed military forces, humanitarian relief, firefighting, timber harvesting, infrastructure construction, and crewing. Erickson also maintains a vertical manufacturing capability for the S-64 Aircrane, related components, and other aftermarket support and maintenance, repair, and overhaul services for the S-64 Aircrane and other aircrafts. Founded in 1971, Erickson is headquartered in Portland, Oregon, and maintains facilities and operations in North America, South America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia-Pacific. For more information, please visit www.ericksonaviation.com.
- “Before your flight” example of Airbus proactive support of global safety initiatives
- US Allied Forces Kick-off EOD Exercise HYDRACRAB
- HAI Applauds Utah Rotor Pathway Program Rollout
- Russia in the lead at the 3rd stage of the Helicopter World Cup
- Airbus delivers H145 to New Zealand EMS
- Omni reaches over 100,000 hours flown in AW139 aircraft
- Bavaria’s air rescue is considered a leader
- Sikorsky S-92A™ Helicopter Certified For Expanded Brazil Operations
- Helibras and Airbus bring luxury and power to LABACE 2019
- Kopter participates in Zigermeet 2019
- CHC Safety and Quality Summit Announces Scholarship Program for Female Aviators for 2020
- Omni Táxi Aéreo awarded for most distant Offshore flight ever made in Brazil
- London Air Ambulance appeal receives £2million boost
- Garmin® to certify GFC 600H on the Bell 505 Jet Ranger X
- Airbus Helicopters Delivers 200th UH-72A Lakota
- ARCH Air Medical’s 40th Year of Dedication to the St. Louis Area
- VFS announces Student Design Winners
- Online bookings open for new Isles of Scilly AW139 service
- Countdown to WAI Girls in Aviation Day Underway
- S.A.F.E. Successfully Completes STAGE 2 ISO 9001:2015 Audit