Starspeed is delighted to welcome three new pilots to its team: Greěgory Meělan comes with 2,700 hours of flying and is based in the South of France, Andrew Weinlein has 7,000 hours of flying, both fixed wing and rotary and Paul Price has more than 6,900 hours of flying.
“We’re delighted to welcome our new team members who bring with them specialist knowledge and experience and will be a great addition as we continue to increase our capabilities throughout Europe. Each one of them helps us to continue to provide our owners with added value that enables them to make the most of their helicopters.” Says Simon Mitchell, Director, Starspeed.
Greěgory Meělan is trilingual in French, English and Italian and has many years experience of flying throughout Europe especially across the South of France, Italy, Switzerland and the Alps.
Local knowledge of the sort that Greěgory brings is invaluable to us,” says Simon Mitchell. “As well as understanding the weather and terrain that he is flying through. It also helps us to provide the best value in terms of operations: Knowing which airports have a fast turn around and the best support services can make a huge difference in terms of saving time and money.”
Andrew Weinlein, has previously flown with the Police Air Support Unit in the UK, Swiss Air Ambulance as well as for VIP clients. He brings enormous mountain flying experience both in Europe and Canada. Andrew will primarily be flying an EC145 attached to a superyacht.
Paul Price comes to Starspeed with experience in both military and private aviation, including flying with the Blue Eagles Helicopter Display Team. He has joined Starspeed as a training captain and will mainly fly the EC135 and EC155.
Starspeed Ltd is the largest helicopter management, charter and training company in Europe. It presently operates 15 aircraft and is one of the oldest privately owned firms within the onshore market. It’s the only onshore company to operate the 16-seat S92, heavy helicopter, and has a team of highly experienced pilots who fly exclusively for Starspeed.
- Trinidad & Tobago Air Guard to reactivate one of four AW139s
- ATSB reminds pilots of Low Rotor RPM response time
- Former Bristow Nigeria employees in court on parts theft charges
- Ace Aeronautics opens paint booth and media blast facility
- Uber Elevate teams with GE Aviation for flight data monitoring
- BAC Helicopters helps fight locust swarms in Kenya
- Astronautics RoadRunner EFI installed in Santa Barbara County Black Hawk
- Boost Systems improves HEC Suspension Line System
- Deadline to Apply for WAI Scholarships Here
- New-generation Euroflir410 selected for NH90 TFRA & Special forces
- Leonardo demonstrates helicopter-UAV teaming in the UK with its AW159 Wildcat
- Starspeed to manage two H145s on new polar vessel Ultramarine
- Ontario gold prospecting uses helicopter-borne geophysical survey
- Leonardo CEO Profumo given 6 year jail sentence and €2.5M file
- US Marine Corps retires AH-1W Cobra after 34 years
- NHV Group appoints Head of Commercial
- Simrik Air has initiated air ambulance services for COVID-19 patients
- CAE hands over CAE 700MR NH90 simulator to Royal New Zealand Air Force
- Helipad reopens at Ellwood City Medical Center
- Russian Helicopters delivers five Mi-8MTV-1