United Rotorcraft, an Air Methods Division, announced that it received Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Supplemental Type Certification (STC) of an Airbus EC130 T2 Emergency Medical helicopter equipped with a next generation state-of-the-art medical interior and avionics suite. The first completed aircraft was delivered from United Rotorcraft’s facility in Englewood, Colo. The STC was completed in partnership with Airbus Helicopters Inc., based in Grand Prairie, Texas.
“Completing the FAA approval was key in driving future opportunities as a sole source provider of the EC130 T2 complete Emergency Medical Services (EMS) kit, avionics and other upgrades, all of which are FAA certified,” said Frank Graham, senior director of global sales and marketing. “The Airbus EC130 T2 will be a popular platform for the helicopter air ambulance industry and we are confident we have made a highly capable interior available to operators around the world.”
United Rotorcraft has begun manufacturing and completion work on a 10 aircraft order for Airbus Helicopters. These aircraft will be delivered to Air Methods to support their EMS fleet. United Rotorcraft also received a follow on order by Wysong Enterprise, Inc. in Blountville, Tenn. for an EMS interior kit to be installed in a third party aircraft.
The newly FAA approved medical interior includes United Rotorcraft’s Lowered Patient Loading System (LPLS) to easily load and secure critically injured patients and neonatal isolettes during transport. On board medical systems include a 10 Liter Liquid Oxygen (LOX), integrated compressed air, suction, and tailored mounts to accommodate carry-on medical equipment as well as an abundance of AC power.
The United Rotorcraft state of the art avionics suite includes the Garmin G500 multifunction display integrated with Garmin GTN 750/650 GPS/NAV/COMM radios in a custom instrument panel and glare shield. Additionally, the avionics suite includes Garmin HTAWS, traffic, weather, satellite tracking, NAT Internal Communications System (ICS) and Technisonic tactical radios for ground communication. The avionics suite and medical interior are night vision compatible and STC approved by Aviation Specialties Unlimited, Inc. (ASU).
About United Rotorcraft
United Rotorcraft, an Air Methods Division, ( www.unitedrotorcraft.com) specializes in the design and manufacture of aeromedical and aerospace technology. United Rotorcraft offers a full range of completion, paint, and MRO services and products for Emergency Medical Services, Search and Rescue, Law Enforcement, Utility, VIP, and Military operators.
About Air Methods
Air Methods Corporation (www.airmethods.com) is the global leader in air medical transportation. The Air Medical Services Division is the largest provider of air medical transport services in the United States. The Tourism Division is comprised of Sundance Helicopters, Inc. and Blue Hawaiian Helicopters, which provide helicopter tours and charter flights in the Las Vegas/Grand Canyon region and Hawaii, respectively. Air Methods’ fleet of owned, leased or maintained aircraft features over 450 helicopters and fixed wing aircraft.
- FlightSafety appoints Executive Director of Operations
- Blue Hawaiian Helicopters Named ‘Best Tour Company’ in Hawaii
- Bell Awarded $28M Contract for UH-1N and TH-1H Support
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance to receive £1.5M grant towards £4M hangar
- Aviation Blade Services Joins First Aviation Services Family
- Rusada unveils new Technical Publications module for ENVISION
- US accident data heading for worst year in over a decade
- Derriford Hospital helipad sees 1700 landings in four years
- Geisinger Life Flight Implement WinAir Digital Signatures
- The Air Ambulance Service scoops national charity award
- Leonardo Helicopters picks workwear supplier for Yeovil production plant
- HAI Hires New Director of Government Affairs
- Heli-Parts Nevada acquired by Salus Aviation
- Heli-One appoints New VP H1 Operations
- DRF Luftrettung receives EURAMI certification
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Winner of 2019 Alfred Gessow Best Paper Award
- WJZ-CBS Baltimore Adds Robinson R66 Newscopter
- 1st CAB Commander Makes Final Flight
- Star Navigation Announces MEDEVAC Agreement with Airmedic Inc.
- Airbus makes changes to its Executive Committee