United Rotorcraft, an Air Methods Division, announced that it received Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Supplemental Type Certification (STC) of an Airbus EC130 T2 Emergency Medical helicopter equipped with a next generation state-of-the-art medical interior and avionics suite. The first completed aircraft was delivered from United Rotorcraft’s facility in Englewood, Colo. The STC was completed in partnership with Airbus Helicopters Inc., based in Grand Prairie, Texas.
“Completing the FAA approval was key in driving future opportunities as a sole source provider of the EC130 T2 complete Emergency Medical Services (EMS) kit, avionics and other upgrades, all of which are FAA certified,” said Frank Graham, senior director of global sales and marketing. “The Airbus EC130 T2 will be a popular platform for the helicopter air ambulance industry and we are confident we have made a highly capable interior available to operators around the world.”
United Rotorcraft has begun manufacturing and completion work on a 10 aircraft order for Airbus Helicopters. These aircraft will be delivered to Air Methods to support their EMS fleet. United Rotorcraft also received a follow on order by Wysong Enterprise, Inc. in Blountville, Tenn. for an EMS interior kit to be installed in a third party aircraft.
The newly FAA approved medical interior includes United Rotorcraft’s Lowered Patient Loading System (LPLS) to easily load and secure critically injured patients and neonatal isolettes during transport. On board medical systems include a 10 Liter Liquid Oxygen (LOX), integrated compressed air, suction, and tailored mounts to accommodate carry-on medical equipment as well as an abundance of AC power.
The United Rotorcraft state of the art avionics suite includes the Garmin G500 multifunction display integrated with Garmin GTN 750/650 GPS/NAV/COMM radios in a custom instrument panel and glare shield. Additionally, the avionics suite includes Garmin HTAWS, traffic, weather, satellite tracking, NAT Internal Communications System (ICS) and Technisonic tactical radios for ground communication. The avionics suite and medical interior are night vision compatible and STC approved by Aviation Specialties Unlimited, Inc. (ASU).
About United Rotorcraft
United Rotorcraft, an Air Methods Division, ( www.unitedrotorcraft.com) specializes in the design and manufacture of aeromedical and aerospace technology. United Rotorcraft offers a full range of completion, paint, and MRO services and products for Emergency Medical Services, Search and Rescue, Law Enforcement, Utility, VIP, and Military operators.
About Air Methods
Air Methods Corporation (www.airmethods.com) is the global leader in air medical transportation. The Air Medical Services Division is the largest provider of air medical transport services in the United States. The Tourism Division is comprised of Sundance Helicopters, Inc. and Blue Hawaiian Helicopters, which provide helicopter tours and charter flights in the Las Vegas/Grand Canyon region and Hawaii, respectively. Air Methods’ fleet of owned, leased or maintained aircraft features over 450 helicopters and fixed wing aircraft.
- Schiebel completes successful flight trials
- Candian 2019 Paramedic of the Year title won by STARS crew member
- 21 stakeholders sign Single European Sky agreement
- Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance to add second base at Aberdeen
- Elbit Systems completes acquisition of Harris Night Vision Business
- MDHI Awarded CLS and training contract
- Sheffield Children’s Hospital Helipad receives £562,500 boos
- FlightSafety now offers safety and security training for corporate crews and passengers
- Hampshire and IOW Air Ambulance missions up 62% year-on-year
- Airbus Foundation supports Bolivian efforts to fight fires in Amazon
- Students STEP into the Future with Bell
- Luton Airport to provide free fuel to Children’s Air Ambulance
- Omni signs 24 month contract with Constellation Oil
- Metro Aviation takes delivery of first Airbus EC145e
- Mecaer Delivers Bell 505 MAGnificent
- More than $360,000 raised for STARS
- AeroVironment unveils VAPOR all-electric helicopter UAS
- StandardAero expands with Safe Aviation Solutions acquisition
- CPI Aero gains orders for T70 Turkish Utility Helicopter Program
- CHC Appoints New Executive Lead for Global Operations and Supply Chain