Terma has been contracted by the Royal Netherlands Air Force (RNLAF) to integrate the Terma Modular Aircraft Survivability (MASE) Pod onto the Dutch air force’ NH-90 helicopters.
The MASE Pod solution includes the Terma developed and manufactured Electronic Warfare Management System, ALQ-213 in the latest version, Missile Warning sensors, and Chaff/Flare Dispenser modules. The modular design allows for future integration of coming sensors and new requirements.
– Having collaborated with the RNLAF for decades, we are very pleased being selected to provide the NH-90 platform with self-protection equipment. This strongly indicates that RNLAF have confidence in our solutions. This applies to system performance, the entire process, and the collaboration between the air force and Terma, said Jesper Petersen, Vice President, Airborne Applications, Terma Defense & Security.
Terma has collaborated with the RNLAF and The Netherlands’ Defence Materiel Organization for more than 20 years, integrating the EW suite on a large variety of aircraft platforms.
The MASE pod family concept was originally developed for installation on the AH-64D Apache in 2003. Since then, the modularity of the MASE pod has enabled tailoring for other helicopter platforms including EH-101, Mi-17, Mi-24, and AS 550 Fennec. The MASE pod concept is also fielded on the CH-47F Chinook in a sophisticated CHASE version. Further, Terma’s Electronic Self-Protection Systems are in use on the AS 532 U2 Cougar Mk2 and on the F-16 fighters and C-130H transport and other aircrafts throughout the world.
- New-generation Euroflir410 selected for NH90 TFRA & Special forces
- CAE hands over CAE 700MR NH90 simulator to Royal New Zealand Air Force
- First NH90 delivered to the Spanish Air Force for SAR missions
- France signs contract for upgraded NH90 TTH for Special Forces
- Royal Netherlands Air Force sends replacement NH90 to Curacao
- Safran to support German and Norwegian NH90 engines
- Nova Systems wins Norwegian NH90 contract
- Rheinmetall modernizing German NH90 flight simulators
- CAE to provide German Navy with NH90 training solution
- Spain receives NH90 simulator from Indra
- RNLAF NH90 to be upgraded with Hostile Fire Indicator System
- Netherlands Ministry of Defence opens new NH90 training facility
- Airbus delivers first NH90 Sea Lion to the German Armed Forces
- ST Engineering to support German NH90 fleet
- Airbus Helicopters and Elbe Flugzeugwerke take on maintenance activities
- German NH90s get upgrade with Rohde & Schwarz radios
- Sea Lion Successfully Completes Mission Demonstration
- Terma Aircraft Survivability Equipment on RNLAF NH90 Ready for Operational Use
- RUAG successfully completes the first NH90 inspection
- New contract between NHIndustries and the NATO Agency NAHEMA