Essex & Herts Air Ambulance Trust (EHAAT) is delighted to announce the launch of its new App for iPhone and Android smart phones. The EHAAT App has a unique function enabling users in the event of an emergency to give an exact six-figure grid reference to accurately pinpoint their location to the emergency services allowing the Air Ambulance to locate and treat the patient as quickly as possible.
The EHAAT App, developed by Rokk Media has a high-tech map functionality which is particularly useful to people who either live, work or take part in recreational pursuits in remote areas such as horse riding, mountain biking and rambling.
Holly Butler, Brand Development Coordinator at Essex & Herts Air Ambulance Trust, explains: “Accidents do happen and if you find yourself in a situation where you do not know where you are, the EHAAT App makes it really easy and simple to alert the Emergency Services including the Air Ambulance and give them your exact location. You do not even need an internet connection just a network signal to make a phone call as the EHAAT App is developed to use your phone’s built in GPS tracking. You can also activate an SOS flashlight via the EHAAT App which can help you see and be seen.”
Today, the Charity hosted a special launch event at the ilab at University of Essex in Southend to present the new life-saving EHAAT App to supporters and businesses including Selex who kindly donated £1,500 towards the development of the EHAAT App. A short promotional film made by talented A Level film student Hayden Brown from Bishop’s Stortford was also shown at the launch event.
Holly adds: “I would like to say a huge thank you to Hayden for giving up his time to make this video and to his mum and dad for driving Hayden to the filming locations and providing an extra pair of hands on set! Plus to Sharon and Jo from Codham Park Equestrian Centre for providing their beautiful grounds for the filming location and for being such great sports!”
The EHAAT App also acts as a mini mobile website giving a wealth of information on the Charity so you can keep up to date with the latest news, events and different ways to support. You can even make a donation direct from the EHAAT App via SMS.
This new life-saving EHAAT App is available to download NOW and it’s FREE! Simply search for ‘Essex & Herts Air Ambulance Trust’ in either the Apple Store or the Android Store.
- Deadline for Salute to Excellence Awards Nominations closes Friday
- Bell Boeing awarded $27M contract for removal, repair and replacement of V-22 spindle bearings
- Vertical Aerospace secures £2.3 million UK Government funding
- Courts validates Air Methods $78 million settlement
- Baker Hughes Rig Count – 23 Oct 20
- Sikorsky awarded $13M contract for UH-60M Black Hawk
- VMM-163 launch oceanographic sensors from MV-22B Osprey
- Kaman announces date for 2020Q3 earnings
- CPI Aerostructures Receives Orders Totaling $1.4M
- Liaoning accelerates the construction of aviation fire emergency rescue system
- Mountain Area Medical Airlift adds EC145e to fleet
- Bell Delivers Three B407GXis to Polish National Police
- SH09 third prototype achieved several firsts
- Spanish operator Helity adds new scheduled route
- THC wins AW139 contract from Red Sea Development Company
- Russia to open military office in Serbia
- US DoD picks Sea Machines for autonomous VTOL replenishment vessels
- Taiwan Police seize unregistered Robinson R22
- Blackjacks test MV-22s on LPD-class ship
- Genesys Aerosystem’s Modernized Avionics Suite on Black Hawks Now Certified