Bristow Group Inc. (NYSE: BRS) announced today that The Honorable David C. Gompert has been appointed to its Board of Directors. The appointment was effective February 4.
Mr. Gompert, age 69, currently serves as a Director on the Board of Global Defense & National Securities Systems, Inc., where he is chairman of the Compensation Committee and a member of the Audit Committee and the Nominating Committee. He is also Chairman of the Board of Global Integrated Security (USA) Inc., the U.S. security services business of Global Strategies Group. In addition, Mr. Gompert is Distinguished Visiting Professor for National Security Studies at the United States Naval Academy and Adjunct Senior Fellow at the RAND Corporation. He has had a prominent career in the United States government, holding senior positions including Principal Deputy Director of National Intelligence and Acting Director of National Intelligence under President Obama, Special Assistant to President George H. W. Bush, and Special Assistant to Secretary of State Kissinger. He also worked in the private sector, holding senior executive positions at Unisys and AT&T, as well as in top-level positions at the RAND Corporation.
Thomas C. Knudson, Bristow Group Chairman, stated, “We are delighted that David has agreed to join the Bristow Board of Directors. His distinguished career, executive leadership, and experience in government, government services and international relations will be critical to our Board and management as Bristow performs search and rescue operations on behalf of the Maritime & Coastguard Agency for the United Kingdom and seeks additional opportunities to provide services to other governments around the world while growing our traditional energy client base.”
Mr. Gompert is also a member of the American Academy of Diplomacy, the Council on Foreign Relations and the Advisory Board of the Center for Cyber Studies at the U.S. Naval Academy. He holds a B.S. in Engineering from the U.S. Naval Academy and a M.P.A. from Princeton University’s Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs.
Jonathan E. Baliff, President and Chief Executive Officer, stated “Mr. Gompert has a rare blend of senior government and private sector experience. He brings a depth of knowledge and intellect in international relations, science and technology, and business with governments to Bristow. The Board of Directors and the management team look forward to his contributions to our organization.”
ABOUT BRISTOW GROUP INC. Bristow Group Inc. is the leading provider of helicopter services to the worldwide offshore energy industry based on the number of aircraft operated and one of two helicopter service providers to the offshore energy industry with global operations. The Company has major transportation operations in the North Sea, Nigeria and the U.S. Gulf of Mexico, and in most of the other major offshore oil and gas producing regions of the world, including Australia, Brazil, Russia and Trinidad. For more information, visit the Company’s website at www.bristowgroup.com.
- Indonesian Army selects 9 Bell 412EPI
- NHV expands executive team
- HAL LCH Demonstrates Unique Capability
- Sikorsky Awarded $7M Contract for CH-53K Systems Modifications
- Adar Poonawalla takes delivery of India’s first ACH145
- Helijet supports Power To Be with new partnership
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Chief Operating Officer
- Unique Aerospace Physiology and Human Performance Update Course to be provided at Heli-Expo 2019
- Triumph Awarded DLA Contract Extension
- Sikorsky grants Make-A-Wish® Foundation with a S-76 ride
- 7 trainee paramedics start at HIOW Air Ambulance
- Bristow FY2019 Q3 earnings release and concall scheduled
- Donate Items to the HFI Silent Auction
- USMC receives last UH-1Y Venom
- NEMSPA/USHST Joint IFR Helicopter Pilot Survey
- NHRMC Stations AirLink Aircraft at Medical Center
- CHC wins planning approval for Aberdeen facility upgrade
- Profile – Kathryn Purwin of Helinet
- DRF Luftrettung opens 10th night flight station
- Austin Peay introduces first helicopter in its rotor-wing fleet