Today (Thursday, Feb. 5), marks Maverick Helicopters’ 10-year anniversary at its Grand Canyon South Rim location, adjacent to the Grand Canyon National Park. Throughout the years, the company has serviced thousands of flights to this landmark, deemed as one of the greatest “Seven Natural Wonders of the World.”
Acquired in February 2005, Maverick Helicopters’ South Rim location began flying 20,000 passengers annually and has doubled to more than 40,000 passengers today. Due to the company’s rapid growth, the office underwent a $500,000 renovation in 2014 by enhancing the customer waiting area, updating the building’s interior design, expanding the gift shop and adding a café.
“I can’t believe we’ve been operating in Arizona for a decade already. Time sure does fly when you’re having fun,” said Greg Rochna, owner and chief executive officer of Maverick Aviation Group, parent company of Maverick Helicopters. “Cheers to our enthusiastic staff and customers. Here’s to many more successful years at the Grand Canyon.”
Operating up to eight of the world’s safest and most comfortable tourism-based helicopters year round, the South Rim location continues Maverick Helicopters’ tradition of offering guests the ultimate aerial experience aboard its ECO-Star helicopters. The aircraft are fully equipped with quiet technology, are more fuel efficient and use less power, making them the ideal helicopters to preserve the celebrated landscape. The company is the only Grand Canyon operator to exclusively fly this elite aircraft and boast top safety records.
In addition to the South Rim, Maverick Helicopters operates four other locations throughout the United States including the Las Vegas Strip (McCarran International Airport), Henderson Executive Airport, Grand Canyon West Rim and coming this year, Maui, Hawaii.
About Maverick Helicopters
Maverick Helicopters, an award-winning division of Maverick Aviation Group, offers guests unparalleled aerial tours inside its luxurious state-of-the-art helicopters in Nevada, Arizona and coming in 2015, Hawaii. During the excursions, guests board the safest and most comfortable tourism based helicopters in the world, ECO-Star Helicopters (EC130) complete with quiet technology. They’ll receive the ultimate VIP treatment with live narration about the surrounding attractions, personal voice-activated headsets, individual seating for up to seven guests, wrap around windows and more. Custom and private aircraft charters are also available.
- EASA SIB 2020-13 Provision of ground handling services at aerodromes following COVID-19 outbreak
- Lydd SAR base passes 1,000 taskings milestone
- Boeing Receives $265 Million Chinook Helicopter Order
- Churchill Navigation and Shotover Camera Systems Merge
- USAIG expands safety collaboration with Airbus
- Airbus Fleet Master presents uninterrupted data chain
- EHang Launches Intelligent Aerial Firefighting Solution
- VHA Receives TIA on 206B Version 2 Main Rotor Blades
- Lifeflight’s AW139 fleet marks milestone
- Bristow to close two Lousiana bases with 350 job losses, claims union
- Eight Air Evac Lifefteam bases in Arkansas now carry blood
- Malaysian Ministry of Health outsources EMS helicopter service
- Metro Aviation delivers first of two helicopters to HealthNet
- Apollo Air Services to promote Aviation Clean Air purifier units in Europe
- 06-Aug-20 N911EP Hughes OH-6 Chesterfield, US-Missouri
- Kaman Recognized by Sikorsky as Elite Supplier
- Maelstrom AFB opens Helicopter Operations Alert Facility
- EHang to Expand Production Facility
- Rotor Accessories produces tear-resistant R44 sun shades
- HeliSpeed signs SAR support agreement with British International