Today (Thursday, Feb. 5), marks Maverick Helicopters’ 10-year anniversary at its Grand Canyon South Rim location, adjacent to the Grand Canyon National Park. Throughout the years, the company has serviced thousands of flights to this landmark, deemed as one of the greatest “Seven Natural Wonders of the World.”
Acquired in February 2005, Maverick Helicopters’ South Rim location began flying 20,000 passengers annually and has doubled to more than 40,000 passengers today. Due to the company’s rapid growth, the office underwent a $500,000 renovation in 2014 by enhancing the customer waiting area, updating the building’s interior design, expanding the gift shop and adding a café.
“I can’t believe we’ve been operating in Arizona for a decade already. Time sure does fly when you’re having fun,” said Greg Rochna, owner and chief executive officer of Maverick Aviation Group, parent company of Maverick Helicopters. “Cheers to our enthusiastic staff and customers. Here’s to many more successful years at the Grand Canyon.”
Operating up to eight of the world’s safest and most comfortable tourism-based helicopters year round, the South Rim location continues Maverick Helicopters’ tradition of offering guests the ultimate aerial experience aboard its ECO-Star helicopters. The aircraft are fully equipped with quiet technology, are more fuel efficient and use less power, making them the ideal helicopters to preserve the celebrated landscape. The company is the only Grand Canyon operator to exclusively fly this elite aircraft and boast top safety records.
In addition to the South Rim, Maverick Helicopters operates four other locations throughout the United States including the Las Vegas Strip (McCarran International Airport), Henderson Executive Airport, Grand Canyon West Rim and coming this year, Maui, Hawaii.
About Maverick Helicopters
Maverick Helicopters, an award-winning division of Maverick Aviation Group, offers guests unparalleled aerial tours inside its luxurious state-of-the-art helicopters in Nevada, Arizona and coming in 2015, Hawaii. During the excursions, guests board the safest and most comfortable tourism based helicopters in the world, ECO-Star Helicopters (EC130) complete with quiet technology. They’ll receive the ultimate VIP treatment with live narration about the surrounding attractions, personal voice-activated headsets, individual seating for up to seven guests, wrap around windows and more. Custom and private aircraft charters are also available.
- Helicopter Tactics Symposium drew lessons from past operations
- Air Methods to Refund Medicare Patients
- Leonardo and Abu Dhabi Aviation sign contracts
- Airbus highlighted products at DSE 2019
- Summit receives acclaimed Hire Vets Award
- Blood and plasma preserves aboard Christoph 53
- Airbus expands its power line footprint
- Bell Delivers Canada’s First Bell 407GXi
- Precision Aviation Group is receives Top Supplier Award
- Russian Helicopters obtained an authorization for servicing Ansat engines
- Falcon Aviation Services’ AW169 fleet leader sets 2,000FH milestone
- Jordan’s first female pilot trains in the USA
- Rostec attracts UAE investor for VR-Technoloiges
- Leonardo and Falcon Aviation Services launch groundbreaking urban mobility concept
- Airbus delivers first H145M to Luxembourg
- Follow-on Testing for LONGBOW Fire Control Radar Successful
- Airbus signs HCare contract with STARS Air Ambulance
- StandardAero Announces Opening of MRO Facility in Canada
- Mi-38 launched in the international market
- Leonardo delivers AW169M to Italian Guardia di Finanza