Bell Helicopter, a Textron Inc. company (NYSE: TXT), announced today a signed agreement with Erickson Incorporated to assume product support responsibility of the Bell 214 B and ST models, including spare parts supply, technical assistance, maintenance training, and maintenance, repair and overhaul services (MRO).
This agreement will extend the life of the Bell 214 aircraft and supports a licensing agreement for Erickson to make, buy and distribute Bell 214 part numbers. Both companies are working cooperatively to support our customers and this transition.
“Erickson has been a large supporter of Bell Helicopter for more than 30 years, and this agreement will bring increased efficiencies to our product support process for the Bell 214 customers,” said Jason Johnson, director of Sales and Customer Support. “As a specialist in offering services for heavy-lift aircraft, we know the Bell 214 community will be in great hands with Erickson.”
From major component and engine repairs and overhauls, to complete airframe inspections, retrofits or upgrades, Erickson’s services fully address the needs of legacy platforms, including supply chain management, component manufacturing and reliability engineering.
“We currently have nine Bell 214 aircraft in our fleet with more than 30 years flying them,” said Kerry Jarandson, Erickson Inc.’s vice president of Manufacturing and MRO. “We are excited and ready to fully support the aircraft and their operators around the world.”
Erickson Inc. is a leading global provider of aviation services to a diverse mix of commercial and government customers. Founded in 1971, Erickson is headquartered in Portland, Oregon and maintains facilities and operations in North America, South America, the Middle East, Africa and Asia-Pacific.
About Erickson Incorporated
Erickson is a leading global provider of aviation services specializing in oil and gas, government services, legacy aircraft MRO and manufacturing, and commercial services such as firefighting, HVAC, power line, specialty, construction, and timber harvesting. Erickson operates a fleet of 86 rotary-wing (light, medium, and heavy) and fixed-wing aircraft, including 20 heavy-lift S-64 Aircranes. Founded in 1971, Erickson is headquartered in Portland, Oregon, USA, and maintains operations in North America, South America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia Pacific, and Australia. For more information, please visit www.ericksonaviation.com.
About Bell Helicopter
Bell Helicopter, a wholly owned subsidiary of Textron Inc., is an industry-leading producer of commercial and military, manned and unmanned vertical-lift aircraft and the pioneer of the revolutionary tiltrotor aircraft. Globally recognized for world-class customer service, innovation and superior quality, Bell’s global workforce serves customers flying Bell aircraft in more than 120 countries.
About Textron Inc.
Textron Inc. is a multi-industry company that leverages its global network of aircraft, defense, industrial and finance businesses to provide customers with innovative solutions and services. Textron is known around the world for its powerful brands such as Bell Helicopter, Cessna, Beechcraft, Hawker, Jacobsen, Kautex, Lycoming, E-Z-GO, Greenlee, and Textron Systems. For more information, visit www.textron.com.
- Bell Boeing awarded $36M contract for V-22 parts
- Sikorsky awarded $16M contract for VH-3D/VH-60N updates
- Uttarakhand Government to add 8 destinations under Regional Connec
- NHC Northern Helicopter takes over offshore air rescue for the RWE Amrumbank wind farm
- Rush Health Systems now providing PHI Air Medical with blood products
- Georgia Border Police restore weekly Mi-8 flights to Tusheti
- WAI 2021 Conference Goes All-Virtual
- New President named at Sikorsky
- Russian Helicopters completed the transfer of Ka-52 within the framework of the 2020 State Defense Order
- SAAF helicopter squadrons top the Sword of Peace recipient list
- L-3 Technologies awarded $10M contract for procure six AN/SRQ-4 kits for the MH-60
- Papillon Grand Canyon Helicopters restarts West Rim Grand Canyon tours
- Air Methods Announces New Missouri ARCH Air Medical Base
- Garmin Pilot Adds Graphical Airspace and Obstacle NOTAMs
- Maine Army National Guard works closer with community leaders
- V-22 Flights Begin at Japan’s Kisarazu Air Field
- Aberdeen Standard Investments extends support for London’s Air Ambulance
- DTL and thyssenkrupp Aerospace agree on extended umbrella contract
- Genesys Aerosystems’ EFIS Now Certified on Airbus AS350/355
- Argus International hires SVP of Operations and Business Development