Ed DiCampli, HAI’s COO; Harold Summers, director of flight operations & technical services; and Brian Haggerty, deputy director of flight operations & technical services, took part in the biannual Technical Specialists’ Meeting on Airworthiness, Condition Based Maintenance (CBM), and Health and Usage Monitoring Systems (HUMS) in Huntsville, Alabama, Feb. 9-11.
The meeting, sponsored by The Redstone Chapter of the American Helicopter Society (AHS) International and HAI, presented applicable technologies that are new to continued airworthiness, current and potential processes, and hardware required for military and civil aircraft airworthiness.
DiCampli was the session chair for the civil half of the event. “The Specialist meeting is a great opportunity for engineers, researchers, regulators, OEMs, operators, and customers to come together to share requirements, research, and methodologies to improve the safety of the aircraft we fly,” said DiCampli.
HAI works closely with the FAA’s Technical Center through a research grant to advance HUMS and develop processes to make the technology more robust and mainstream.
- Elbit Systems Successfully Demonstrates High-Altitude High-Precision Aerial Firefighting Solution
- PS Engineering announces PAC45 with dual control head – PAC45D
- DRF Foundation to fund external air medical R&D projects
- Twirly Birds annual meeting to be held during HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- Airbus displays its customer-centric solutions at Heli-Expo 2020
- HAI Foundation Online Auction Is Now Open
- FAA Administrator to Attend HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- EHA launches European Rotors event to rival Vertical Flight Expo
- StandardAero makes component repair acquisition in Europe
- Far East air force looking to lease eight utility helicopters
- Hawaii Air Tour Task Force to Address Safety and Noise
- Genesys Adds Integration with PS Engineering
- Helinet announces new president and COO
- 2019 mission statistics of the DRF Group
- Nepal – Summit Helicopters rebrands back to original Fishtail Air name
- Airbus appoints Head of External Communications
- Garmin® unveils the fourth generation GPS/NAV/COMM
- Boeing delivered more new Apaches than 737s in 2019 Q4
- Farewell Message from Matt Zuccaro as he hands over HAI
- Manufacturing of Tiltrotor AW609 wind tunnel model via SLS and Windform