Ed DiCampli, HAI’s COO; Harold Summers, director of flight operations & technical services; and Brian Haggerty, deputy director of flight operations & technical services, took part in the biannual Technical Specialists’ Meeting on Airworthiness, Condition Based Maintenance (CBM), and Health and Usage Monitoring Systems (HUMS) in Huntsville, Alabama, Feb. 9-11.
The meeting, sponsored by The Redstone Chapter of the American Helicopter Society (AHS) International and HAI, presented applicable technologies that are new to continued airworthiness, current and potential processes, and hardware required for military and civil aircraft airworthiness.
DiCampli was the session chair for the civil half of the event. “The Specialist meeting is a great opportunity for engineers, researchers, regulators, OEMs, operators, and customers to come together to share requirements, research, and methodologies to improve the safety of the aircraft we fly,” said DiCampli.
HAI works closely with the FAA’s Technical Center through a research grant to advance HUMS and develop processes to make the technology more robust and mainstream.
- Ultimate Heli Renewal of ISO 9001:2015 Certification
- Leonardo delivers its first basic training AW169 to the Italian Army
- Airbus forms Team Nightjar for Australian special ops bid
- Boston MedFlight Reaches 80,000 Patient Transport Milestone
- US approves sale of one Sikorsky UH-60M to Jordan
- Northrop Grumman Supports Government Flight Testing of the MQ-8C Fire Scout Radar
- TUM developing AR solution for ship landings in rough seas
- DRF take stock of the corona pandemic in Germany
- DSCA approves sale of 6 UH-60M to Lithuania
- AirLink lands at Klamath County Fire District
- Accel-KKR and ParkerGale join forces to back ATP in its acquisition of FlightDocs
- New helipad opens at Royal Devon and Exeter hospital
- DRF tests droplet spread inside helicopters
- HeliTSA launches Rolls-Royce M250/RR300 engine training
- UK AAIB Bulletin – July 2020
- 14th Annual Electric Aircraft Symposium Goes Virtual
- New South Wales Government supports eVTOL development with grant
- HeliOffshore Appoints Chief Executive Officer
- Patria consolidates its helicopter maintenance operations in Norway
- Russian Helicopters delivers two Mi-8MTV-1 to Yamal Airlines