Ed DiCampli, HAI’s COO; Harold Summers, director of flight operations & technical services; and Brian Haggerty, deputy director of flight operations & technical services, took part in the biannual Technical Specialists’ Meeting on Airworthiness, Condition Based Maintenance (CBM), and Health and Usage Monitoring Systems (HUMS) in Huntsville, Alabama, Feb. 9-11.
The meeting, sponsored by The Redstone Chapter of the American Helicopter Society (AHS) International and HAI, presented applicable technologies that are new to continued airworthiness, current and potential processes, and hardware required for military and civil aircraft airworthiness.
DiCampli was the session chair for the civil half of the event. “The Specialist meeting is a great opportunity for engineers, researchers, regulators, OEMs, operators, and customers to come together to share requirements, research, and methodologies to improve the safety of the aircraft we fly,” said DiCampli.
HAI works closely with the FAA’s Technical Center through a research grant to advance HUMS and develop processes to make the technology more robust and mainstream.
- SAFE to distribute M2 ERFS Tank Shoring System for CH-47
- COVID-19 – HAI applauds Congressional Action on pandemic relief
- General Electric awarded $11M extra for Presidential V-92 contract
- COVID19 – Bristow repurposes three ex-Coast Guard S92s for Corona virus transport
- COVID-19 – EBAA partners with Osprey Flight Solutions
- Bell awarded $815M contract for UH-1Y and AH-1Z repairs and upgrades
- COVID-19 – Aerial Firefighters adjust to the pandemic
- UT Health East Texas welcomes third rebranded EC135
- Leonardo extends training capabilities to rotorcraft UAS
- CBE+ has been selected by OEM Leonardo
- COVID-19 – AOPA backs emergency airport funding to fight coronavirus impact
- Queensland Police Bo105 passes 10,000 hours
- RACQ LifeFlight open new aeromedical base at Bundaberg
- COVID-19 – Italian Air Force HH-101A used for bioncontainment transport
- Optima Aero becomes a Transport Canada Approved Maintenance Organisation
- COVID-19 – Rotorcorp COVID-19 Virus Status & Response
- Helitech World Expo (ex Vertical Flight Expo) picks April 2021 dates
- COVID-19 – British helicopter industry steps up – but still needs more help
- Maryland State Police mark 50 years of medevac flights
- Shady Cove airport opens new helipad