Bristow Academy Inc., a division of Bristow Group, today announced it will award an annual scholarship in honor of Chief Executive Officer Emeritus William (“Bill”) E. Chiles for his contribution to creating a safer global helicopter transport community.
The scholarship award covers full tuition at Bristow Academy for a Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) CFI helicopter rating to any graduate of the Bristow Academy Professional Pilot Program, valued at $8,500. The CFI scholarship includes eight weeks of academic instruction and up to 17.5 flight hours.
“Bristow Academy wants to help realize the dreams of those aspiring to be helicopter pilots,” said Todd Smith, director of Bristow Academy. “We are inspired by Bill’s vision to create a Target Zero culture of safety at all levels of the rotorcraft industry, and are grateful that his leadership of safety will forever resonate through the halls, hangars, terminals, briefing rooms and cockpits of Bristow.”
Interested applicants must currently hold a FAA commercial pilot’s license and apply by June 1, 2015. Scholarship applications are available at www.bristowgroup.com/about-bristow/jobs/scholarships/. The Bristow Scholarship Selection Committee will review all applications and select this year’s awardee based on skill, financial need and ability to operate at the highest level of Target Zero safety. The winner will be announced July 1, 2015, on the website, and is required to complete their training and receive their rating within one year. For additional information about the scholarship, contact Nick Mayhew, general manager, Titusville Campus at Bristow Academy at [email protected].
About Bristow Academy
Bristow Academy, located in Titusville, Florida; New Iberia, Louisiana; and Gloucester (UK), is the only helicopter flight school approved to provide helicopter flight training to Commercial Pilot level both by the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration and the European Joint Aviation Authority. It includes more than 70 helicopters and 165 employees. The school’s students include a mixture of self-funded private individuals, sponsored trainees from the helicopter industry or related companies, as well as trainee pilots from a wide variety of foreign and domestic government agencies. For more information, go to www.bristowgroup.com and click on Bristow Academy.
About Bristow Group
Bristow Group Inc. is a leading provider of helicopter services to the worldwide offshore energy industry based on the number of aircraft operated. Through its subsidiaries, affiliates and joint ventures, the company has major transportation operations in the U.S. Gulf of Mexico and the North Sea, and in most of the other major offshore oil and gas producing regions of the world, including Australia, Brazil, Nigeria, Russia and Trinidad. For more information visit the company’s website at www.bristowgroup.com.
Media inquiries contact:
Julie King, Bristow Group Global Communications
E-mail: [email protected]
- FAA approves five-blade Airbus H145
- EASA issues 3rd edition of Helicopter Flight Instructor Guide
- HAI determined that Heli-Expo 2021 will be live, not virtual
- MD Helicopters completes another MD500E conversion to MD530F
- Thales and StandardAero mark first flight of 4-axis autopilot for Airbus AS350 and H125
- Brazil’s Federal Highway Police orders six AW119s
- Elbit win $96M Contract for a Rotary-Wing Mission Training Center
- Leonardo to add extra baggage pod to AW189
- 29-Nov-20 9N-AJJ Airbus AS350B2 Nuwakot, Nepal
- Bell Boeing awarded $12M contract to modify the V-22 of Japan
- Thames Valley Air Ambulance buy new helmets
- Bell Boeing awarded $188M contract for logistics and engineering support for the V-22 platform
- Mornington Sanford Aviation adds EASA Part 147 approval for Robinson maintenance training
- Savback Helicopters opens in the UK
- CNC deploys new mission suite for Texas DPS Airbus H125
- Philippine National Police to deploy two H125s in Davao Region
- Garmin adds new eLearning courses for G1000H NXi integrated flight deck
- Air Methods settles claim over severely corroded parts
- EHang completes Korean demo tour
- Tangent Link Announces Presentations for Aerial Firefighting Europe