Bristow Academy Inc., a division of Bristow Group, today announced it will award an annual scholarship in honor of Chief Executive Officer Emeritus William (“Bill”) E. Chiles for his contribution to creating a safer global helicopter transport community.
The scholarship award covers full tuition at Bristow Academy for a Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) CFI helicopter rating to any graduate of the Bristow Academy Professional Pilot Program, valued at $8,500. The CFI scholarship includes eight weeks of academic instruction and up to 17.5 flight hours.
“Bristow Academy wants to help realize the dreams of those aspiring to be helicopter pilots,” said Todd Smith, director of Bristow Academy. “We are inspired by Bill’s vision to create a Target Zero culture of safety at all levels of the rotorcraft industry, and are grateful that his leadership of safety will forever resonate through the halls, hangars, terminals, briefing rooms and cockpits of Bristow.”
Interested applicants must currently hold a FAA commercial pilot’s license and apply by June 1, 2015. Scholarship applications are available at www.bristowgroup.com/about-bristow/jobs/scholarships/. The Bristow Scholarship Selection Committee will review all applications and select this year’s awardee based on skill, financial need and ability to operate at the highest level of Target Zero safety. The winner will be announced July 1, 2015, on the website, and is required to complete their training and receive their rating within one year. For additional information about the scholarship, contact Nick Mayhew, general manager, Titusville Campus at Bristow Academy at [email protected].
About Bristow Academy
Bristow Academy, located in Titusville, Florida; New Iberia, Louisiana; and Gloucester (UK), is the only helicopter flight school approved to provide helicopter flight training to Commercial Pilot level both by the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration and the European Joint Aviation Authority. It includes more than 70 helicopters and 165 employees. The school’s students include a mixture of self-funded private individuals, sponsored trainees from the helicopter industry or related companies, as well as trainee pilots from a wide variety of foreign and domestic government agencies. For more information, go to www.bristowgroup.com and click on Bristow Academy.
About Bristow Group
Bristow Group Inc. is a leading provider of helicopter services to the worldwide offshore energy industry based on the number of aircraft operated. Through its subsidiaries, affiliates and joint ventures, the company has major transportation operations in the U.S. Gulf of Mexico and the North Sea, and in most of the other major offshore oil and gas producing regions of the world, including Australia, Brazil, Nigeria, Russia and Trinidad. For more information visit the company’s website at www.bristowgroup.com.
Media inquiries contact:
Julie King, Bristow Group Global Communications
E-mail: [email protected]
- Airbus delivers second ACH175 for superyacht operations
- Nepal – Simrik Air orders two Bell 505s
- Leidos and Rusada team up to deliver MRO and Flight Ops software
- Gama Aviation provides update on Scottish Ambulance Service contract
- Devon Air Ambulance reports 2019 statistics
- Trust International appointed K-Max distributor in UAE
- Babcock lowers expectations for Aviation for this financial year
- County of Grande Prairie commits to help renew STARS helicopter fleet
- Bell and Pratt & Whitney Make Signing Up for Maintenance Programs Easier
- Bell Boeing reveal the new CMV-22B Osprey
- Whistleblower alleges misconduct between FAA Honolulu office and helicopter operator
- Heritage Aviation starts first helicopter route under Indian connectivity scheme
- Pawan Hans appoints new chairman and managing director
- FAA approves Garmin GFC600H Helicopter Flight Control System in AS350
- Royal Thai Air Force orders six Airbus H135 military trainers
- HeloAir appoints new Chief Pilot
- Bell teams with Sumitomo Corp and Japan Airlines to explore Air Mobility
- Airbus Helicopters replaces Keycopter platform with AirbusWorld
- Austrian innovation extends Airbus Helicopters product range
- Bristow Announces Contract Extensions with ConocoPhillips