Bristow Academy Inc., a division of Bristow Group, today announced it will award an annual scholarship in honor of Chief Executive Officer Emeritus William (“Bill”) E. Chiles for his contribution to creating a safer global helicopter transport community.
The scholarship award covers full tuition at Bristow Academy for a Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) CFI helicopter rating to any graduate of the Bristow Academy Professional Pilot Program, valued at $8,500. The CFI scholarship includes eight weeks of academic instruction and up to 17.5 flight hours.
“Bristow Academy wants to help realize the dreams of those aspiring to be helicopter pilots,” said Todd Smith, director of Bristow Academy. “We are inspired by Bill’s vision to create a Target Zero culture of safety at all levels of the rotorcraft industry, and are grateful that his leadership of safety will forever resonate through the halls, hangars, terminals, briefing rooms and cockpits of Bristow.”
Interested applicants must currently hold a FAA commercial pilot’s license and apply by June 1, 2015. Scholarship applications are available at www.bristowgroup.com/about-bristow/jobs/scholarships/. The Bristow Scholarship Selection Committee will review all applications and select this year’s awardee based on skill, financial need and ability to operate at the highest level of Target Zero safety. The winner will be announced July 1, 2015, on the website, and is required to complete their training and receive their rating within one year. For additional information about the scholarship, contact Nick Mayhew, general manager, Titusville Campus at Bristow Academy at [email protected].
About Bristow Academy
Bristow Academy, located in Titusville, Florida; New Iberia, Louisiana; and Gloucester (UK), is the only helicopter flight school approved to provide helicopter flight training to Commercial Pilot level both by the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration and the European Joint Aviation Authority. It includes more than 70 helicopters and 165 employees. The school’s students include a mixture of self-funded private individuals, sponsored trainees from the helicopter industry or related companies, as well as trainee pilots from a wide variety of foreign and domestic government agencies. For more information, go to www.bristowgroup.com and click on Bristow Academy.
About Bristow Group
Bristow Group Inc. is a leading provider of helicopter services to the worldwide offshore energy industry based on the number of aircraft operated. Through its subsidiaries, affiliates and joint ventures, the company has major transportation operations in the U.S. Gulf of Mexico and the North Sea, and in most of the other major offshore oil and gas producing regions of the world, including Australia, Brazil, Nigeria, Russia and Trinidad. For more information visit the company’s website at www.bristowgroup.com.
Media inquiries contact:
Julie King, Bristow Group Global Communications
E-mail: [email protected]
- President of Uruguay welcomes first SAR AB412
- Airbus to keep NASA’s helicopters flying for up to 10 years
- Viterra and STARS to launch calendar campaign fundraiser
- UW Health Med Flight’s first all-woman crew makes history
- Swire Oilfield Services acquires Helifuel
- Aviation Jobs – statistical comparison between 2019 and 2020
- BBGA calls Brexit webinar
- Devon Air Ambulance celebates exemplary service
- Polar Airlines becomes first service centre for Ansat helicopters
- Kazan Ansat approved for all documentation in electronic form
- SH09 prototype returns home with improved aerodynamics
- Bell Delivers Montenegro Air Force’s First Bell 505
- First Bell Authorized Maintenance Center Added in Denmark
- New equipment options revealed for Ansat
- Safran Helicopter Engines appoints Executive Vice-President, Support and Services
- CGAS Humboldt Bat orders HH-65 maintenance platforms
- Bell Adds Its First European Authorized Maintenance Center to its Support Network
- 15-Sep-20 N489DM Bell 407 Fort Worth, US-Texas
- Christoph 54 completes 50th Operation
- Gulf Helicopters announces the success in qualifying to the standards of ISO 45001:2018 accreditation