Bell Helicopter will showcase their commercial and military products to a global audience at the company’s exhibit at stand 03-C30. A model of the new Bell 525 Relentless fly-by-wire commercial helicopter will be on display, along with models of the company’s next generation V-280 tiltrotor and the Bell Boeing V-22 Osprey.
“IDEX is considered by many in our industry to be one of the premiere military and commercial shows in the world. It’s clearly a top regional opportunity,” said Steve Suttles, Bell Helicopter’s vice president of commercial business in the Middle East and Africa. “Superior facilities and ideal weather in one of the most modern, hospitable cities in the world continually draws military and commercial operators from across the globe. The show provides a great opportunity for Bell Helicopter and the other Textron businesses exhibiting here to speak face to face with both our military and commercial customers about our innovative new products.”
The Bell 525 is the world’s first fly-by-wire commercial helicopter, designed to operate safely and reliably in austere environments with decreased pilot workload. The Bell 525 is being tested in Bell Helicopter’s fully integrated system integration lab (SIL), allowing for virtual flight testing of the Bell 525 before first flight, which is scheduled for early 2015.
The Bell booth will also feature an AH-1Z cockpit simulator. The multi-role capabilities of the company’s AH-1Z and UH-1Y helicopters are ideally suited to militaries aiming to bolster combat power across the broadest set of missions, with an affordable cost of ownership. The UH-1Y and AH-1Z offer the most effective and efficient means of accomplishing an array of missions, anywhere in the world. The AH-1Z is the world’s most advanced attack helicopter, compatible with the widest array of ordnance of any helicopter in the world.
Across from Bell Helicopter, Textron Systems and Textron AirLand are exhibiting their military and commercial products and solutions at stand 03-C07.
- US Army contract awarded Bell for competitive demonstration and risk reduction
- GKN Aerospace delivers thermoplastic composite components for Bell V-280 Valor
- V-280 scores top marks
- 360-Degree Pilot Visual System Completes First Flight
- Lockheed Martin’s Pilotage Distributed Aperture Sensor system takes to Texas skies aboard Bell’s V-280 Valor in a series of flight tests
- Bell and Rolls-Royce Collaborate
- Bell V-280 Valor is the only rotorcraft on 2018 Collier Trophy shortlist
- V-280 Valor reaches 280 knots true airspeed
- Bell V-280 Valor
- Bell V-280 wins Popular Science Award
- Bell Reveals V-247 Vigilant
- Bell expands Flight Research Center
- Bell V-280 makes first cruise mode flight
- Bell V-280 Valor Achieves First Flight
- V-280 Valor Achieves 100% Completion
- Bell takes V-280 mockup to AUSA 2017
- V-280 Valor undergoing ground trials at Amarillo
- Bell to fly V-280 Valor Tilt-Rotor in September
- Bell Presents V-280 Valor Prototype
- Bell to exhibit at 2017 Army Aviation Mission Solutions Summit