Washington has awarded a contract to Haskell for the design and construction of a $22 million helicopter operations facility. This 66,000 SF, 2-story HOF will accommodate consolidation of two squadrons, the 1st Helicopter Squadron (1HS) and the 811th Operational Support Squadron (811 OSS), into one facility. Design is underway with an anticipated construction start in July of this year. The facility will be LEED Silver certified and completed the end of 2016.
The new facility will provide administrative offices for both organizations; an auditorium and multiple briefing/debriefing rooms designed for Top Secret (TS) discussions; a mission control area; classified material storage spaces; a ready area; library; mission planning support room; flight simulator; database generation room; Rapid Deployment Stair; and a fitness center. The structure will also house an aircraft simulator large enough to contain a UH-1N helicopter. The design was configured to allow for space flexibility to accommodate anticipated growth.
This United States Air Force squadron supports the Washington D.C. capital area airlift for the Executive Branch, high-ranking dignitaries, high-ranking military leaders and other VIPs. They are tasked to support key government officials as well as search and rescue missions. Closing in on the completion of a 263,000 SF MV-22 Osprey hangar at Camp LeJeune, Haskell is looking forward to delivering another key aviation project for the US Armed Forces.
Haskell, one of the industry’s leading integrated design, engineering and construction firms, offers client-focused solutions in the commercial, industrial, healthcare, government and civil infrastructure markets. With revenues exceeding $600 million and close to 4,000 completed projects worldwide, Haskell serves a multinational client base from strategic points across the United States and in Mexico.
- Innisfail Health Centre helipad closed for safety improvements
- Newport Helicopter Tours Celebrates 20th Anniversary
- KAI aims to export first Korean-made helicopter to Indonesia
- Air ambulances in Nova Scotia now carry supply of blood
- Melfort Union Hospital helipad goes out to tender
- Trakka delivers total surveillance solutions package to Mexio
- Nigerian Air Force inaugurates helipad for anti-bandit operations
- First Bell Boeing V-22 Osprey delivered to Japan
- Royal Hobart Hospital helipad now open
- Trakka delivers total surveillance solutions package for Colombian National Police
- Black Hills Life Flight adds blood and plasma to all flights
- Kaikoura Helicopters partners with marine welfare organisation
- Ace Aeronautics Earns STC for ACE DECK VL-60 Integrated Flight Deck
- A Reduction in Helicopter Operations Leads to a Reduction in Accidents
- Airbus marks 60 years of long-standing partnership with Japan
- Ultimate Heli Renewal of ISO 9001:2015 Certification
- Leonardo delivers its first basic training AW169 to the Italian Army
- Airbus forms Team Nightjar for Australian special ops bid
- Boston MedFlight Reaches 80,000 Patient Transport Milestone
- US approves sale of one Sikorsky UH-60M to Jordan