Washington has awarded a contract to Haskell for the design and construction of a $22 million helicopter operations facility. This 66,000 SF, 2-story HOF will accommodate consolidation of two squadrons, the 1st Helicopter Squadron (1HS) and the 811th Operational Support Squadron (811 OSS), into one facility. Design is underway with an anticipated construction start in July of this year. The facility will be LEED Silver certified and completed the end of 2016.
The new facility will provide administrative offices for both organizations; an auditorium and multiple briefing/debriefing rooms designed for Top Secret (TS) discussions; a mission control area; classified material storage spaces; a ready area; library; mission planning support room; flight simulator; database generation room; Rapid Deployment Stair; and a fitness center. The structure will also house an aircraft simulator large enough to contain a UH-1N helicopter. The design was configured to allow for space flexibility to accommodate anticipated growth.
This United States Air Force squadron supports the Washington D.C. capital area airlift for the Executive Branch, high-ranking dignitaries, high-ranking military leaders and other VIPs. They are tasked to support key government officials as well as search and rescue missions. Closing in on the completion of a 263,000 SF MV-22 Osprey hangar at Camp LeJeune, Haskell is looking forward to delivering another key aviation project for the US Armed Forces.
Haskell, one of the industry’s leading integrated design, engineering and construction firms, offers client-focused solutions in the commercial, industrial, healthcare, government and civil infrastructure markets. With revenues exceeding $600 million and close to 4,000 completed projects worldwide, Haskell serves a multinational client base from strategic points across the United States and in Mexico.
- Helicopter Tactics Symposium drew lessons from past operations
- Air Methods to Refund Medicare Patients
- Leonardo and Abu Dhabi Aviation sign contracts
- Airbus highlighted products at DSE 2019
- Summit receives acclaimed Hire Vets Award
- Blood and plasma preserves aboard Christoph 53
- Airbus expands its power line footprint
- Bell Delivers Canada’s First Bell 407GXi
- Precision Aviation Group is receives Top Supplier Award
- Russian Helicopters obtained an authorization for servicing Ansat engines
- Falcon Aviation Services’ AW169 fleet leader sets 2,000FH milestone
- Jordan’s first female pilot trains in the USA
- Rostec attracts UAE investor for VR-Technoloiges
- Leonardo and Falcon Aviation Services launch groundbreaking urban mobility concept
- Airbus delivers first H145M to Luxembourg
- Follow-on Testing for LONGBOW Fire Control Radar Successful
- Airbus signs HCare contract with STARS Air Ambulance
- StandardAero Announces Opening of MRO Facility in Canada
- Mi-38 launched in the international market
- Leonardo delivers AW169M to Italian Guardia di Finanza