Vector Aerospace UK (Vector – www.vectoraerospace.com), a leading provider of aviation maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services, is delighted to announce that one of its apprentices has won a regional Apprentice of the Year award.
James Clement (pictured), aged 23, who lives in Havant, has won the Outstanding Performance by a Final Year Apprentice award category of the prestigious EEF/Aldermore Future Manufacturing Awards. Six candidates were shortlisted but James made the greatest impression on the panel of judges. He will now go forward to compete with regional winners from across the country for the national title, which will be awarded in April. Another Vector apprentice, Louis Moult, was also shortlisted from the thousands of applicants.
James is engaged in a three year apprenticeship at Vector Aerospace’s Fleetlands site at Gosport. He started the scheme in 2011 working in Engine Services. Vector supports a broad portfolio of military and civil engines from such leading manufacturers as Honeywell, Pratt & Whitney and Rolls-Royce. The company has a long established apprenticeship scheme and will be taking on at least six new apprentices this year.
Commenting on his success, James said, “I just hope that my success so far makes other local young people think seriously about becoming an apprentice too.”
About Vector Aerospace
Vector Aerospace is a global provider of aviation maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services. Through facilities in Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom, France, Australia, South Africa, Kenya and Singapore Vector Aerospace provides services to commercial and military customers for gas turbine engines, components and helicopter airframes. Vector’s customer-focused team includes over 2,700 motivated employees.
- Bell Awarded $28M Contract for UH-1N and TH-1H Support
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance to receive £1.5M grant towards £4M hangar
- Aviation Blade Services Joins First Aviation Services Family
- Rusada unveils new Technical Publications module for ENVISION
- US accident data heading for worst year in over a decade
- Derriford Hospital helipad sees 1700 landings in four years
- Geisinger Life Flight Implement WinAir Digital Signatures
- The Air Ambulance Service scoops national charity award
- Leonardo Helicopters picks workwear supplier for Yeovil production plant
- HAI Hires New Director of Government Affairs
- Heli-Parts Nevada acquired by Salus Aviation
- Heli-One appoints New VP H1 Operations
- DRF Luftrettung receives EURAMI certification
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Winner of 2019 Alfred Gessow Best Paper Award
- WJZ-CBS Baltimore Adds Robinson R66 Newscopter
- 1st CAB Commander Makes Final Flight
- Star Navigation Announces MEDEVAC Agreement with Airmedic Inc.
- Airbus makes changes to its Executive Committee
- 13th Annual Electric Aircraft Symposium Lands in Oshkosh
- USHST Perceives a Deadly Trend for the Helicopter Industry