Vector Aerospace UK (Vector – www.vectoraerospace.com), a leading provider of aviation maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services, is delighted to announce that one of its apprentices has won a regional Apprentice of the Year award.
James Clement (pictured), aged 23, who lives in Havant, has won the Outstanding Performance by a Final Year Apprentice award category of the prestigious EEF/Aldermore Future Manufacturing Awards. Six candidates were shortlisted but James made the greatest impression on the panel of judges. He will now go forward to compete with regional winners from across the country for the national title, which will be awarded in April. Another Vector apprentice, Louis Moult, was also shortlisted from the thousands of applicants.
James is engaged in a three year apprenticeship at Vector Aerospace’s Fleetlands site at Gosport. He started the scheme in 2011 working in Engine Services. Vector supports a broad portfolio of military and civil engines from such leading manufacturers as Honeywell, Pratt & Whitney and Rolls-Royce. The company has a long established apprenticeship scheme and will be taking on at least six new apprentices this year.
Commenting on his success, James said, “I just hope that my success so far makes other local young people think seriously about becoming an apprentice too.”
About Vector Aerospace
Vector Aerospace is a global provider of aviation maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services. Through facilities in Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom, France, Australia, South Africa, Kenya and Singapore Vector Aerospace provides services to commercial and military customers for gas turbine engines, components and helicopter airframes. Vector’s customer-focused team includes over 2,700 motivated employees.
- Russian Helicopters plans on ditching western-built engines
- New Wheeler Army Airfield Airspace Design
- EFW Awarded $18M Contract for Procurement of 13 V-22 Processors
- Sikorsky Awarded $23M Contract for UH-60 Overhaul
- Airbus awarded Australia’s ARH Tiger support contract extension
- VIH Aerospace Achieves AS9100D Certification
- Heli-One and Caverton Sign Support Agreement
- FlightSafety integrates its Mixed Reality and VITAL 1100 Visual Systems
- H135 final assembly line starts operations
- P&WC adds Designated Maintenance Facility in China for AW139 operators
- AVX Aircraft and L3 Technologies Unveil Leap-Ahead Design
- 360-Degree Pilot Visual System Completes First Flight
- MD Helicopters enhances MD969
- Pilot shortage at Nassau County Police unit
- Air Methods closes Rainbow City base in Alabama
- Honeywell T55 Engine Powers New Future Vertical Lift Aircraft
- DRF makes successful start at new Bautzen base
- Universal Avionics Receives STC for InSight™ Touchscreen Control
- US State Dept sells little-used S61T fleet
- DRF Luftrettung buys Northern HeliCopter GmbH