Vector Aerospace UK (Vector – www.vectoraerospace.com), a leading provider of aviation maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services, is delighted to announce that one of its apprentices has won a regional Apprentice of the Year award.
James Clement (pictured), aged 23, who lives in Havant, has won the Outstanding Performance by a Final Year Apprentice award category of the prestigious EEF/Aldermore Future Manufacturing Awards. Six candidates were shortlisted but James made the greatest impression on the panel of judges. He will now go forward to compete with regional winners from across the country for the national title, which will be awarded in April. Another Vector apprentice, Louis Moult, was also shortlisted from the thousands of applicants.
James is engaged in a three year apprenticeship at Vector Aerospace’s Fleetlands site at Gosport. He started the scheme in 2011 working in Engine Services. Vector supports a broad portfolio of military and civil engines from such leading manufacturers as Honeywell, Pratt & Whitney and Rolls-Royce. The company has a long established apprenticeship scheme and will be taking on at least six new apprentices this year.
Commenting on his success, James said, “I just hope that my success so far makes other local young people think seriously about becoming an apprentice too.”
About Vector Aerospace
Vector Aerospace is a global provider of aviation maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services. Through facilities in Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom, France, Australia, South Africa, Kenya and Singapore Vector Aerospace provides services to commercial and military customers for gas turbine engines, components and helicopter airframes. Vector’s customer-focused team includes over 2,700 motivated employees.
- Q1 production analysis – Airbus rises while every other OEM falls
- Nigerian Navy receives AW139 helicopter
- Penn College aviation students receive industry scholarships
- EHang wins approval for autonomous air logistics operations
- Genesys flight testing their avionics suite on Black Hawks
- Pulselite® Bird Strike Prevention System STC Expanded to Include Bell 429 and Bell 505
- EBAA to provide members with live aviation security alerts from Osprey
- COVID-19 – AW139 supporting COVID-19 operations in Canada
- Babcock Selects Bell 429 for Australian Special Forces bid
- UKMFTS program adds first of four additional Airbus H145s
- ACC Aviation Partners with AeroMedical
- Wings Air Helicopters offers free flights for healthcare professionals
- Wingcopter is one of 9 winners of German Government’s €24M hackathon
- Leonardo AW159 Wildcat conducts first successful firings of Thales ‘Martlet’ LMM
- Swiss training solution company VRM completes second funding round
- Christoph 49 celebrates 20 years of takeover by the DRF Luftrettung
- Intrinsic Aviation announces JV with Arena Investors
- COVID19 – CHC cancels 2020 Safety & Quality Summit
- COVID19 – Scottish island to receive pandemic test kits by drone
- COVID19 – EpiShuttle arrives in France for evaluation