Vector Aerospace UK (Vector – www.vectoraerospace.com), a leading provider of aviation maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services, is delighted to announce that one of its apprentices has won a regional Apprentice of the Year award.
James Clement (pictured), aged 23, who lives in Havant, has won the Outstanding Performance by a Final Year Apprentice award category of the prestigious EEF/Aldermore Future Manufacturing Awards. Six candidates were shortlisted but James made the greatest impression on the panel of judges. He will now go forward to compete with regional winners from across the country for the national title, which will be awarded in April. Another Vector apprentice, Louis Moult, was also shortlisted from the thousands of applicants.
James is engaged in a three year apprenticeship at Vector Aerospace’s Fleetlands site at Gosport. He started the scheme in 2011 working in Engine Services. Vector supports a broad portfolio of military and civil engines from such leading manufacturers as Honeywell, Pratt & Whitney and Rolls-Royce. The company has a long established apprenticeship scheme and will be taking on at least six new apprentices this year.
Commenting on his success, James said, “I just hope that my success so far makes other local young people think seriously about becoming an apprentice too.”
About Vector Aerospace
Vector Aerospace is a global provider of aviation maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services. Through facilities in Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom, France, Australia, South Africa, Kenya and Singapore Vector Aerospace provides services to commercial and military customers for gas turbine engines, components and helicopter airframes. Vector’s customer-focused team includes over 2,700 motivated employees.
- Jordan’s first female pilot trains in the USA
- Rostec attracts UAE investor for VR-Technoloiges
- Leonardo and Falcon Aviation Services launch groundbreaking urban mobility concept
- Airbus delivers first H145M to Luxembourg
- Follow-on Testing for LONGBOW Fire Control Radar Successful
- Airbus signs HCare contract with STARS Air Ambulance
- StandardAero Announces Opening of MRO Facility in Canada
- Mi-38 launched in the international market
- Leonardo delivers AW169M to Italian Guardia di Finanza
- Canada – Nipawin Council hires heliport designer
- Armenian Ministry of Emergency Situations to add firefighting helicopter
- Two helipads decommissioned in downtown San Diego
- Metro Aviation welcomes Duke Life Flight
- Leonardo celebrates the tenth anniversary of AW159 Wildcat’s first flight
- VSR700 prototype performs first flight
- EMSA extends Schiebel Camcopter contract in Croatia
- Sikorsky Innovations Announces 9th Entrepreneurial Challenge Awardees
- Bell joins army partnership for youth success program
- Metro Aviation provides flight demos of the EC145e at AMTC 2019
- HAI Names Recipient of Salute to Excellence Humanitarian Service Award