British Prime Minister David Cameron praised Boeing [NYSE: BA] for providing excellent value, and a close partnership with the United Kingdom Ministry of Defence (MOD), which led to a five-year extension of the contract under which Boeing supports the Royal Air Force’s Chinook helicopters.
“The Chinook support contract represents significant value for money for what is a very capable and versatile support helicopter, protecting UK interests at home and abroad,” Cameron said during a visit to the Royal Dockyards in Portsmouth, UK.
Sir Michael Arthur, president of Boeing UK, and David Pitchforth, managing director of Boeing Defence UK, attended the event.
The Through Life Customer Support (TLCS) effort supports about 450 jobs in the UK, with more than 500 additional people supporting other aspects of the Royal Air Force’s Chinook fleet. That fleet is the largest in Europe.
“This is a pathfinder program for MoD-wide, performance-based contracting,” said Sir Michael Arthur. “Boeing is expanding its presence in the UK and our customers benefit from the expertise and support of the entire Boeing enterprise.”
Pitchforth added “BDUK has delivered aircraft availability that’s 10 percent above the requirement, and has driven serviceability to an all-time high.”
Boeing employs more than 1,800 people in the UK and invests more than $2.1 billion annually with UK-based suppliers.
A unit of The Boeing Company, Defense, Space & Security is one of the world’s largest defense, space and security businesses specializing in innovative and capabilities-driven customer solutions, and the world’s largest and most versatile manufacturer of military aircraft. Headquartered in St. Louis, Defense, Space & Security is a $31 billion business with 53,000 employees worldwide.
- State-of-the-art technology sets new standards in helicopter pilot training
- JETNET Demos Customized Solutions at VBACE
- Philippine National Police receive more Airbus H125s
- Safety Protocols at HAI Heli-Expo 2021
- MD to take MD530F on Southern California demo tour next week
- Air Methods appoints SVP of Clinical Services
- Brazil approves Van Horn Bell 206 v2 composite blades
- Wolfson Childrens Hospital adds helicopter
- Albuquerque Police get public complaints from increase helicopter use
- Italian Army retires AB205 after 51 years service
- PNG LNG adds H145 for Papua New Guinea operations
- EBAA to Send Young Leaders to One Young World Global Youth Summit
- UPMC Mercy Unveils New Rooftop Helipad
- Russian Helicopters delivers first Ansat to a client in Europe
- Asia Pacific Aerospace Extends its T700 MRO Provider Agreement with GE Aviation
- Spectrum Aeromed Brings On New VP of Operations
- Bell Boeing awarded $36M contract for V-22 parts
- Sikorsky awarded $16M contract for VH-3D/VH-60N updates
- Uttarakhand Government to add 8 destinations under Regional Connect
- NHC Northern Helicopter takes over offshore air rescue for the RWE Amrumbank wind farm