Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/scb82h/global_air) has announced the addition of the “Global Air Ambulance Market 2015-2019” report to their offering.
The Global Air Ambulance market to grow at a CAGR of 9.57 percent over the period 2014-2019.
Air ambulance services are sophisticated and advanced medical services provided in a mobile environment. These services have become an essential component of the modern healthcare system. The medical critical care transport saves lives as it is an effective way to shift or carry critical patients to healthcare facilities. The air ambulance transport services are used in war-torn regions, during natural disasters, outburst of epidemics and road accidents.
Advances in technology in helicopters and fixed-wing aircraft is expected to ensure the safety of the crew and patients while traveling. As technology advances, the usability and effectiveness of air medical services offering time-sensitive care, mainly to people suffering from chronic illness such as cardiac diseases and chronic lower respiratory diseases, will increase. In a way, the modern-day fleet of helicopters and fixed-wing aircraft used as air ambulances are capable of bringing intensive care facilities to patients at a comparatively less time.
According to the report, reduced travel time is one of the major drivers of this market. Air ambulances, mainly helicopters, can reach critical patients in remote areas in a time-efficient manner. Helicopter medical services can be accessed in remote areas such as mountains and larger expanses of water.
Further, the report states that one of the major challenges that the market faces is the classification of a situation or accident as critical. As this remains highly subjective, the callers to a service provider, on many occasions, describe an accident as critical, which may not be the case in medical terms. This leads to unnecessary utilization of resources.
- Kopter participates in Zigermeet 2019
- CHC Safety and Quality Summit Announces Scholarship Program for Female Aviators for 2020
- Omni Táxi Aéreo awarded for most distant Offshore flight ever made in Brazil
- London Air Ambulance appeal receives £2million boost
- Garmin® to certify GFC 600H on the Bell 505 Jet Ranger X
- Airbus Helicopters Delivers 200th UH-72A Lakota
- ARCH Air Medical’s 40th Year of Dedication to the St. Louis Area
- VFS announces Student Design Winners
- Online bookings open for new Isles of Scilly AW139 service
- Countdown to WAI Girls in Aviation Day Underway
- S.A.F.E. Successfully Completes STAGE 2 ISO 9001:2015 Audit
- NEXA Advisors Completes Landmark Urban Air Mobility Study
- Leonardo delivers AW119Kx VIP to customer in Chile
- Bell 407GXi earns IFR certification
- Dickson sworn in as new FAA Administrator
- Bell Announces 200th Bell 505 Jet Ranger X Delivery
- Pratt & Whitney to Open New Engine Overhaul Centre in Brazil
- Life Flight Network Achieves NAAMTA Medical Transport Accreditation
- WAI Receives Grant from the ISTAT Foundation
- Cornwall Air Ambulance appoints first Vice President