AgustaWestland today announced that transmission testing capabilities have been expanded at the Company’s Philadelphia facility, bringing full Maintenance Repair & Overhail (MRO) services for intermediate and tail rotor gearboxes closer to customers operating in the Americas.
The multi-model intermediate and tail rotor gearbox test system is the result of design and installation collaboration with RedViking. The flexible and modular design allows for multiple test articles to be run on a single test stand, lowering life cycle costs and providing greater flexibility and efficiency, with a reduction in overhaul time for AgustaWestland customers.
The test stand will be able to accommodate intermediate and tail rotor gearboxes currently installed in AgustaWestland aircraft flying throughout the Americas, including the AW109 and AW119 series, as well as AW139s, AW189s, and, in the future, AW169s.
AgustaWestland Philadelphia operates out of a 275,000 square foot facility, on a 39-acre site at Northeast Philadelphia Airport in Pennsylvania, providing employment for over 560 people. The facility also includes final assembly lines for the AW119Kx and AW139 helicopters, a parts supply depot for the Americas and a fully approved FAA and JAA repair station. AgustaWestland Philadelphia will also serve as one of two worldwide production sites for the newest addition to the AW Family of products, the next-generation AW169.
AgustaWestland Philadelphia also performs helicopter customization, has a delivery center for AW109 Power and GrandNew aircraft, and provides maintenance services for customer aircraft based in the local area.
- UK AAIB Bulletin – July 2020
- 14th Annual Electric Aircraft Symposium Goes Virtual
- New South Wales Government supports eVTOL development with grant
- HeliOffshore Appoints Chief Executive Officer
- Patria consolidates its helicopter maintenance operations in Norway
- Russian Helicopters delivers two Mi-8MTV-1 to Yamal Airlines
- NATA Announces 2020-2021 Board of Directors
- UAE and US Forces Conduct Combined Joint Operations in Arabian Gulf
- Kawasaki receives 5-blade H145 order from Thai corporate operator
- Arista wins five year $111M extension to UH-1 maintenance contract
- Bell Delivers the First TV News Helicopter to China
- Garmin® GI 275 electronic flight instrument CDI/MFD ready for helicopter installations
- GPMS Foresight HUMS now active on B407GXi
- Leading Edge Aviation adds B407GX to fleet
- StandardAero Completes Consolidation of Helicopter Centers of Excellence
- US EMS Operator contracts for first IFR-certified AW119
- HTM Helicopter Travel Munich appoints new Managing Director
- US approves sale of eight MV-22s Ospreys to Indonesia
- Airbus facilitates first e-delivery in Asia Pacific
- SPAES modifies AS350 external mirror mounting