AgustaWestland today announced that transmission testing capabilities have been expanded at the Company’s Philadelphia facility, bringing full Maintenance Repair & Overhail (MRO) services for intermediate and tail rotor gearboxes closer to customers operating in the Americas.
The multi-model intermediate and tail rotor gearbox test system is the result of design and installation collaboration with RedViking. The flexible and modular design allows for multiple test articles to be run on a single test stand, lowering life cycle costs and providing greater flexibility and efficiency, with a reduction in overhaul time for AgustaWestland customers.
The test stand will be able to accommodate intermediate and tail rotor gearboxes currently installed in AgustaWestland aircraft flying throughout the Americas, including the AW109 and AW119 series, as well as AW139s, AW189s, and, in the future, AW169s.
AgustaWestland Philadelphia operates out of a 275,000 square foot facility, on a 39-acre site at Northeast Philadelphia Airport in Pennsylvania, providing employment for over 560 people. The facility also includes final assembly lines for the AW119Kx and AW139 helicopters, a parts supply depot for the Americas and a fully approved FAA and JAA repair station. AgustaWestland Philadelphia will also serve as one of two worldwide production sites for the newest addition to the AW Family of products, the next-generation AW169.
AgustaWestland Philadelphia also performs helicopter customization, has a delivery center for AW109 Power and GrandNew aircraft, and provides maintenance services for customer aircraft based in the local area.
- Aberdeen SAR team reach 500th mission milestone
- HAI Names Recipient of 2021 Salute to Excellence Law Enforcement Award
- Airbus drops price on AS350 Crash Resistant Fuel System
- HAI supports Advanced Air Mobility Coordination and Leadership Act
- Turkish Aerospace Industries display unmanned T629 attack helicopter
- Bell-Boeing awarded $309M contract for four CMV-22B Ospreys
- Cornwall Air Ambulance appoints Interim CEO
- Universal Avionics appoints Director of Contracts
- Two Japanese prefectures sign helicopter cooperation agreement
- RNAS Culdrose to control satellite airfield remotely
- Ideagen and PHI Aviation Agree Five-Year Safety Management Software Deal
- WAI Announces Keynote Speakers for Virtual WAI2021 Conference
- G+ and HeliOffshore collaborate on helicopter operations for wind farms
- Air Ambulances UK announces new CEO
- Inter-Tec Group opens a new business in Ireland
- Airbus recognizes 2 employees with 50 years of service
- Summit Aviation makes appointment to new Director of Program Management role
- Milestone Aviation and NHV Group expand partnership
- HAI names recipient of the 2021 Salute to Excellence Safety Award
- USHST identifies need for Automatic Flight Control Systems in light helicopters