AgustaWestland today announced that transmission testing capabilities have been expanded at the Company’s Philadelphia facility, bringing full Maintenance Repair & Overhail (MRO) services for intermediate and tail rotor gearboxes closer to customers operating in the Americas.
The multi-model intermediate and tail rotor gearbox test system is the result of design and installation collaboration with RedViking. The flexible and modular design allows for multiple test articles to be run on a single test stand, lowering life cycle costs and providing greater flexibility and efficiency, with a reduction in overhaul time for AgustaWestland customers.
The test stand will be able to accommodate intermediate and tail rotor gearboxes currently installed in AgustaWestland aircraft flying throughout the Americas, including the AW109 and AW119 series, as well as AW139s, AW189s, and, in the future, AW169s.
AgustaWestland Philadelphia operates out of a 275,000 square foot facility, on a 39-acre site at Northeast Philadelphia Airport in Pennsylvania, providing employment for over 560 people. The facility also includes final assembly lines for the AW119Kx and AW139 helicopters, a parts supply depot for the Americas and a fully approved FAA and JAA repair station. AgustaWestland Philadelphia will also serve as one of two worldwide production sites for the newest addition to the AW Family of products, the next-generation AW169.
AgustaWestland Philadelphia also performs helicopter customization, has a delivery center for AW109 Power and GrandNew aircraft, and provides maintenance services for customer aircraft based in the local area.
- Summit receives acclaimed Hire Vets Award
- Blood and plasma preserves aboard Christoph 53
- Airbus expands its power line footprint
- Bell Delivers Canada’s First Bell 407GXi
- Precision Aviation Group is receives Top Supplier Award
- Russian Helicopters obtained an authorization for servicing Ansat engines
- Falcon Aviation Services’ AW169 fleet leader sets 2,000FH milestone
- Jordan’s first female pilot trains in the USA
- Rostec attracts UAE investor for VR-Technoloiges
- Leonardo and Falcon Aviation Services launch groundbreaking urban mobility concept
- Airbus delivers first H145M to Luxembourg
- Follow-on Testing for LONGBOW Fire Control Radar Successful
- Airbus signs HCare contract with STARS Air Ambulance
- StandardAero Announces Opening of MRO Facility in Canada
- Mi-38 launched in the international market
- Leonardo delivers AW169M to Italian Guardia di Finanza
- Canada – Nipawin Council hires heliport designer
- Armenian Ministry of Emergency Situations to add firefighting helicopter
- Two helipads decommissioned in downtown San Diego
- Metro Aviation welcomes Duke Life Flight