Airbus Helicopters has conferred an Excellence Award on Pawan Hans Limited for this Indian operator’s overall contribution to the success of the worldwide Dauphin rotorcraft fleet.
The honor was bestowed during the Aero India 2015 air show at Bengaluru’s Air Force Station Yelahanka.
As India‘s national helicopter company, Pawan Hans has logged the highest number of flight hours with the twin-engine Dauphin in India – and the second highest in the world. At the beginning of 2015, approximately 450,000 airborne hours had been accumulated with its inventory of 35 Dauphins – consisting of 18 SA365 N versions, and 17 in the AS365 N3 configuration.
Pawan Hans is one of Airbus Helicopters’ leading clients in India, and operates the country’s largest fleet of Airbus Helicopters civil rotorcraft, which are used for the transportation of personnel to offshore platforms, in shuttle flights between drill barges, for the airlift of state officials and VIPs, along with tourism charter services.
“Pawan Hans is one of most trusted names in Indian aviation today, and its Dauphins serve as the flagship rotorcraft in this operator’s fleet – with a proven track record of reliable operations in offshore and onshore sectors,” explained Xavier Hay, the Managing Director of Airbus Helicopters’ Customer Center in India. “We are committed to continuing the relationship with Pawan Hans, backed by our company’s dedication to safety, reliability and efficiency.”
Sh. BS Bhullar, Chairman and Managing Director of Pawan Hans Limited added, “The Dauphin is perfectly tailored to our needs, having successfully served us for 30 years. The helicopters have proven their ability to perform all types of missions, especially in offshore operations.”
Airbus Helicopters’ Dauphin family has been improved over the years to meet evolving market requirements. The AS365 N3+ is the latest evolved version in the Dauphin family which was certified in 2010, and is a powerful and fast rotorcraft that provides outstanding performance and long-range capabilities. It is fitted with the unique Airbus Helicopters dual digital 4-axis autopilot, and also incorporates the new generation, all-composite Fenestron® shrouded tail rotor that provides high maneuverability, exceptional efficiency at all speedsand unparalleled ground safety – with a low noise level making it the quietest in this rotorcraft’s category.
In addition to Pawan Hans’ Dauphin rotorcraft, the company operates two AS350 B3s from Airbus Helicopters’ Ecureuil family.
About Airbus Helicopters
Airbus Helicopters is a division of Airbus Group, a global pioneer in aerospace and defense related services. Airbus Helicopters is the world’s No. 1 helicopter manufacturer and employs more than 23,000 people worldwide. With 44 percent market share in civil and parapublic sectors, the company’s fleet in service includes some 12,000 helicopters operated by more than 3,000 customers in more than 150 countries. Airbus Helicopters’ international presence is marked by its 29 customer centers and participations and its worldwide network of service centers, training facilities, distributors and certified agents. Airbus Helicopters’ range of civil and military helicopters is the world’s largest; its aircraft account for one third of the worldwide civil and parapublic fleet. The company’s chief priority is to ensure the safe operation of its aircraft for the thousands of people who fly more than 3 million hours per year.
- Q1 production analysis – Airbus rises while every other OEM falls
- Nigerian Navy receives AW139 helicopter
- Penn College aviation students receive industry scholarships
- EHang wins approval for autonomous air logistics operations
- Genesys flight testing their avionics suite on Black Hawks
- Pulselite® Bird Strike Prevention System STC Expanded to Include Bell 429 and Bell 505
- EBAA to provide members with live aviation security alerts from Osprey
- COVID-19 – AW139 supporting COVID-19 operations in Canada
- Babcock Selects Bell 429 for Australian Special Forces bid
- UKMFTS program adds first of four additional Airbus H145s
- ACC Aviation Partners with AeroMedical
- Wings Air Helicopters offers free flights for healthcare professionals
- Wingcopter is one of 9 winners of German Government’s €24M hackathon
- Leonardo AW159 Wildcat conducts first successful firings of Thales ‘Martlet’ LMM
- Swiss training solution company VRM completes second funding round
- Christoph 49 celebrates 20 years of takeover by the DRF Luftrettung
- Intrinsic Aviation announces JV with Arena Investors
- COVID19 – CHC cancels 2020 Safety & Quality Summit
- COVID19 – Scottish island to receive pandemic test kits by drone
- COVID19 – EpiShuttle arrives in France for evaluation