Helitech International 2015, Europe’s largest rotorcraft exhibition and conference hosted in partnership with the European Helicopter Association, is proud to announce its support for London’s Air Ambulance, a British-registered charity that operates an air ambulance service dedicated to responding to serious trauma emergencies in and around London. The helicopter service has provided pre-hospital care in London for 25 years and its dedicated teams have helped over 32,000 patients. Helitech International will actively participate in the charity’s fundraising activities to fund a second air ambulance for London.
At present, the charity operates just one helicopter to cover the 10 million people that live, work and visit London daily, thereby putting its vital resources under considerable pressure. The ‘Your London, Your Helicopter’ campaign is aiming to raise £4.4 million to acquire and sustain a second helicopter for five years and extend the daylight flying hours in the summer months.
Chief Operating Officer at London’s Air Ambulance, Charles Newitt, said: “We are delighted to have been chosen as an official charity of Helitech International 2015. It is a privilege to be the beneficiary of this generosity from the international aviation community as it gathers in London. We would like to take this opportunity to thank the event’s organisers, exhibitors and visitors for their ongoing support.”
As well encouraging donations during Helitech International, which takes place at ExCeL London from 6 – 8 October 2015, the organising team from Reed Exhibitions will also undertake fundraising at Heli-Expo, which is being staged in Orlando USA from 2 – 5 March 2015.
To further demonstrate their enthusiasm for the cause, members of the Helitech International team have also signed up for the Bupa 10,000 charity run which will be staged in London’s St James’s Park on 25 May 2015. Helitech International’s support of London’s Air Ambulance and their fundraising efforts will be promoted via the website, together with email and social media campaigns.
Helitech International’s Exhibition Director, John Hyde, said: “We are very proud to be supporting London’s Air Ambulance as it provides a vital world-class service, and pioneers new initiatives such as being the first UK service to have a doctor on-board. As members of the helicopter community, we are delighted to be involved and for our own organising team to also have the chance to actively contribute to the charity’s fundraising efforts.”
- Leonardo are test flying AW169 with skids
- FAA to Host Virtual International Rotorcraft Safety Conference
- QinetiQ contract with Castle Air to operate new Airbus H145
- Bell opens facility in Wichita, Kansas
- First flight for Russia’s Ka-52M
- DRF Luftrettung retains Christoph 80 contract from April 2021
- Coptersafety appoints new AW139 Type Lead Instructor
- Robinson Delivers R66 Serial Number 1000
- Ryan Aerospace wins International Military Training and Simulation award
- Bell Unveils New Manufacturing Technology Center
- Helicentre Aviation Extends 2020 Scholarships Deadline
- AIRO Group buys Aspen Avionics
- New Weather Layers in Profile in ForeFlight’s Latest Release
- Final five Mi-8MTV-5-1 delivered to Russian military ahead of schedule
- Helicopter Online Ground School launches two new courses
- HAI launches annual Salute to Excellence Awards
- Belgium cuts military helicopter flying in half
- Prestwick SAR base passes 1,500 taskings milestone
- Great Western Air Ambulance encourages use of What3Words
- Iran unveils new laser-guided missiles for helicopter fleet