Sikorsky Aircraft Corp. today announced the delivery of two S-92® helicopters to Bond Helicopters Australia at the 2015 Avalon Airshow. Sikorsky Aircraft is a subsidiary of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE:UTX).
Bond Helicopters Australia will operate a total of four S-92 helicopters, the first of its kind in this Australian fleet.
Sikorsky will deliver the remaining two S-92 aircraft to Bond Helicopters Australia later this year.
“We are very pleased to work closely with Sikorsky for the delivery of four new S-92 helicopters to enable us to deliver the highest level of customer service to our clients,” said John Boag, Managing Director, Bond Helicopters Australia.
“The S-92 helicopter will be the first of its type for Bond Helicopters and is on show for the first time at the 2015 Avalon Airshow.”
The four-bladed twin-engine helicopter can seat up to 19 passengers with a full cabin width rear ramp.
“Sikorsky is proud to deliver this safe and reliable aircraft to Bond Helicopters Australia,” said Ed Beyer, Vice President, Sikorsky Commercial Systems & Services.
“We look forward to seeing Bond’s successes in Australia with the S-92 helicopter, and thank Bond for its commitment to Sikorsky and our products.”
Bond Helicopters Australia provides offshore energy transportation helicopter services for blue-chip oil and gas companies to support their production, drilling and exploration campaigns within the Australasian region.
Sikorsky has delivered more than 240 S-92 helicopters to customers throughout the world. In 2014, Sikorsky celebrated the 10-year anniversary of the S-92 helicopter, which was first delivered in 2004. The global fleet has reached more than 800,000 flight hours, with nearly 90 percent of those hours providing offshore oil and gas worker transportation. S-92 helicopters also perform search and rescue missions, heads of state missions, and a variety of transportation missions for utility and airline passengers.
Sikorsky Aircraft Corp., based in Stratford, Connecticut, is a world leader in aircraft design, manufacture and service. United Technologies Corp., based in Hartford, Connecticut, provides high-technology products and support services to the aerospace and building systems industries.
- Elbit Systems Successfully Demonstrates High-Altitude High-Precision Aerial Firefighting Solution
- PS Engineering announces PAC45 with dual control head – PAC45D
- DRF Foundation to fund external air medical R&D projects
- Twirly Birds annual meeting to be held during HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- Airbus displays its customer-centric solutions at Heli-Expo 2020
- HAI Foundation Online Auction Is Now Open
- FAA Administrator to Attend HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- EHA launches European Rotors event to rival Vertical Flight Expo
- StandardAero makes component repair acquisition in Europe
- Far East air force looking to lease eight utility helicopters
- Hawaii Air Tour Task Force to Address Safety and Noise
- Genesys Adds Integration with PS Engineering
- Helinet announces new president and COO
- 2019 mission statistics of the DRF Group
- Nepal – Summit Helicopters rebrands back to original Fishtail Air name
- Airbus appoints Head of External Communications
- Garmin® unveils the fourth generation GPS/NAV/COMM
- Boeing delivered more new Apaches than 737s in 2019 Q4
- Farewell Message from Matt Zuccaro as he hands over HAI
- Manufacturing of Tiltrotor AW609 wind tunnel model via SLS and Windform