Sikorsky Aircraft Corp. today announced the delivery of two S-92® helicopters to Bond Helicopters Australia at the 2015 Avalon Airshow. Sikorsky Aircraft is a subsidiary of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE:UTX).
Bond Helicopters Australia will operate a total of four S-92 helicopters, the first of its kind in this Australian fleet.
Sikorsky will deliver the remaining two S-92 aircraft to Bond Helicopters Australia later this year.
“We are very pleased to work closely with Sikorsky for the delivery of four new S-92 helicopters to enable us to deliver the highest level of customer service to our clients,” said John Boag, Managing Director, Bond Helicopters Australia.
“The S-92 helicopter will be the first of its type for Bond Helicopters and is on show for the first time at the 2015 Avalon Airshow.”
The four-bladed twin-engine helicopter can seat up to 19 passengers with a full cabin width rear ramp.
“Sikorsky is proud to deliver this safe and reliable aircraft to Bond Helicopters Australia,” said Ed Beyer, Vice President, Sikorsky Commercial Systems & Services.
“We look forward to seeing Bond’s successes in Australia with the S-92 helicopter, and thank Bond for its commitment to Sikorsky and our products.”
Bond Helicopters Australia provides offshore energy transportation helicopter services for blue-chip oil and gas companies to support their production, drilling and exploration campaigns within the Australasian region.
Sikorsky has delivered more than 240 S-92 helicopters to customers throughout the world. In 2014, Sikorsky celebrated the 10-year anniversary of the S-92 helicopter, which was first delivered in 2004. The global fleet has reached more than 800,000 flight hours, with nearly 90 percent of those hours providing offshore oil and gas worker transportation. S-92 helicopters also perform search and rescue missions, heads of state missions, and a variety of transportation missions for utility and airline passengers.
Sikorsky Aircraft Corp., based in Stratford, Connecticut, is a world leader in aircraft design, manufacture and service. United Technologies Corp., based in Hartford, Connecticut, provides high-technology products and support services to the aerospace and building systems industries.
- Belgium cuts military helicopter flying in half
- Prestwick SAR base passes 1,500 taskings milestone
- Great Western Air Ambulance encourages use of What3Words
- Iran unveils new laser-guided missiles for helicopter fleet
- Rostec began flight tests of the newest helicopter for special forces Mi-8AMTSh-VN
- EDA sets up Multinational Helicopter Training Centre for Sintra
- Entrol welcomes HELISEVEN to its client list
- 08-Aug-20 N….. Bell 206 Marathon, US-Texas (3F)
- EASA SIB 2020-13 Provision of ground handling services at aerodromes following COVID-19 outbreak
- Lydd SAR base passes 1,000 taskings milestone
- Boeing Receives $265 Million Chinook Helicopter Order
- Churchill Navigation and Shotover Camera Systems Merge
- USAIG expands safety collaboration with Airbus
- Airbus Fleet Master presents uninterrupted data chain
- EHang Launches Intelligent Aerial Firefighting Solution
- VHA Receives TIA on 206B Version 2 Main Rotor Blades
- Lifeflight’s AW139 fleet marks milestone
- Bristow to close two Lousiana bases with 350 job losses, claims union
- Eight Air Evac Lifefteam bases in Arkansas now carry blood
- Malaysian Ministry of Health outsources EMS helicopter service