Sikorsky Aircraft Corp. today announced the delivery of two S-92® helicopters to Bond Helicopters Australia at the 2015 Avalon Airshow.
Bond Helicopters Australia will operate a total of four S-92 helicopters, the first of its kind in this Australian fleet.
Sikorsky will deliver the remaining two S-92 aircraft to Bond Helicopters Australia later this year.
“We are very pleased to work closely with Sikorsky for the delivery of four new S-92 helicopters to enable us to deliver the highest level of customer service to our clients,” said John Boag, Managing Director, Bond Helicopters Australia.
“The S-92 helicopter will be the first of its type for Bond Helicopters and is on show for the first time at the 2015 Avalon Airshow.”
The four-bladed twin-engine helicopter can seat up to 19 passengers with a full cabin width rear ramp.
“Sikorsky is proud to deliver this safe and reliable aircraft to Bond Helicopters Australia,” said Ed Beyer, Vice President, Sikorsky Commercial Systems & Services.
“We look forward to seeing Bond’s successes in Australia with the S-92 helicopter, and thank Bond for its commitment to Sikorsky and our products.”
Bond Helicopters Australia provides offshore energy transportation helicopter services for blue-chip oil and gas companies to support their production, drilling and exploration campaigns within the Australasian region.
Sikorsky has delivered more than 240 S-92 helicopters to customers throughout the world. In 2014, Sikorsky celebrated the 10-year anniversary of the S-92 helicopter, which was first delivered in 2004. The global fleet has reached more than 800,000 flight hours, with nearly 90 percent of those hours providing offshore oil and gas worker transportation. S-92 helicopters also perform search and rescue missions, heads of state missions, and a variety of transportation missions for utility and airline passengers.
Sikorsky Aircraft Corp., based in Stratford, Connecticut, is a world leader in aircraft design, manufacture and service. United Technologies Corp., based in Hartford, Connecticut, provides high-technology products and support services to the aerospace and building systems industries.
[editor note – the photo below is a Sikorsky file photo and actually a Bond S92 from their North Sea fleet on a test flight prior to delivery as G-VING)
- Caverton launches S92 operations in Nigeria
- 27-Dec-20 G-MCSK Sikorsky S92 Aberdeen, UK
- CHC Norway wins S92 contract with Equinor and Var Energi
- 08-Dec-20 G-CLHW Sikorsky S92 Sumburgh, UK
- ITP Aero signs contract to provide engine MRO for CHC S92 and AW189
- Milestone delivers first S92 to Caverton Helicopters
- 25-Sep-20 LN-ONQ Sikorsky S92 Stavangar, Norway
- 25-Sep-20 LN-ONQ Sikorsky S92 Sola, Norway
- Babcock wins major new contracts with Total E&P UK
- HM Coastguard flies first UK unmanned SAR missions
- ITP Aero wins engine MRO contract for CHC S-92s and AW189s
- General Electric awarded $11M extra for Presidential V-92 contract
- Babcock wins major new North Sea helicopter contract from Bristow
- Sikorsky receives second contract for six Presidential S92s
- Bristow Announces Contract Extensions with ConocoPhillips
- Sikorsky Honours S92 Operators
- Sikorsky introduces S-92A+ and S-92B upgrades
- First Sikorsky S92 retired from active service
- 13-Dec-19 G-WNSV Sikorsky S92 Sumburgh, UK
- Babcock Offshore secures new North Sea helicopter contract