Bell Helicopter, a Textron Inc. company (NYSE: TXT), announced today it has made the first delivery of the Bell 429 Wheeled Landing Gear (WLG) in North America. The aircraft has been delivered to professional NASCAR driver and founder and CEO of SunEnergy1, Kenny Habul.
SunEnergy1 is a vertically integrated solar energy performance certificate (EPC) company based in Mooresville, N.C., that specializes in utility-scale, ground-mount projects. The Bell 429WLG will be used for corporate and VIP transportation.
“The Bell 429WLG is the perfect fit for our corporate and transportation needs,” said Habul. “After careful evaluation and conversations with the Bell Helicopter team, I chose the aircraft because of its’ exceptionally spacious cabin, excellent avionics options and impressive power and range.”
Bell Helicopter unveiled the Bell 429WLG in October 2013 at the National Business Aviation Association (NBAA) conference and since then has traveled to a number of countries showcasing the aircraft’s ability to provide support for a wide range of mission profiles. The helicopter combines the advanced capabilities of the Bell 429 with the added operational flexibility of retractable wheeled landing gear.
“The Bell 429WLG is quickly gaining recognition across the globe,” said Anthony Moreland, vice president of North American sales. “Not only will the aircraft get you to your destination comfortably, but customers are realizing the versatile capabilities it offers, delivering exceptional speed, range and performance.”
The 429WLG delivers exceptional performance with state-of-the-art single and dual pilot instrument flight rule capabilities. The additional flexibility of the retractable wheeled landing gear makes the Bell 429WLG ideal for both repositioning in limited spaces and situations that require ground taxi, such as positioning closer to fixed-base operators. A fully-integrated glass cockpit with two or three multi-function displays, dual digital autopilot and an integrated electronic data recorder help increase situation awareness and safety margins. The Bell 429 is the first helicopter certified through the MSG-3 process, resulting in reduced maintenance costs for operators.
SunEnergy1 is a vertically integrated solar EPC company based in Mooresville, N.C., that specializes in utility-scale, ground-mount projects. In addition to designing and constructing the three largest ground-mount projects in North Carolina, the company also designed and built one of the world’s largest solar rooftops in Concord N.C. With more than 1 gigawatt of solar power constructed or under development, Sunenergy1 is a leader in commercial solar. For more information, see www.sunenergy1.com.
About Bell Helicopter
Bell Helicopter, a wholly owned subsidiary of Textron Inc., is an industry-leading producer of commercial and military, manned and unmanned vertical-lift aircraft and the pioneer of the revolutionary tiltrotor aircraft. Globally recognized for world-class customer service, innovation and superior quality, Bell’s global workforce serves customers flying Bell aircraft in more than 120 countries.
- Bell and Pratt & Whitney Make Signing Up for Maintenance Programs Easier
- S.A.F.E. Delivers Custom Bell 429 Stands to Southern California Edison
- Tennessee Valley Authority orders two Bell 429s and two 407GXi
- Bell Announces New Technological Enhancements
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance becomes fourth UK EMS operator with Air Operator Certificate
- Life Flight Network Signs Purchase Agreement for B429 and B407GXi
- Bell Appoints China State Grid GA as a Bell429 Authorized Maintenance Center
- Swedish Police add two more Bell 429s
- Canadian Coast Guard picks Dart wearplates for Bell 429 fleet
- Honeywell Brings Connectivity to New Heights at Heli-Expo 2019
- Bell and EDIC Horizon celebrate two more 429 deliveries
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance rent Explorer to cover for grounded Bell 429
- NZ Police contract with new operator and will switch to Bell 429
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance grounded by Heli Charter liquidation
- Bell to showcase at MEBAA 2018
- Bell 429 – TB_429-18-58 – Bellcrank Assemblies
- Bell showcases at Japan International Aerospace Exhibition 2018
- Bell 429 – FAA AD 2018-21-15 – Rod End
- Bell 429 – FAA AD 2018-16-51 – Tail rotor gearbox
- Visit Bell at #IACP2018