Guidance Aviation hired 60 professionals in the last 12 months (02/14 – 02/15) – that’s just over one job created each week by the primary helicopter flight training institution.
To support its growth, Guidance Aviation will be attending Helicopter Association International’s Helicopter Industry Career Fair at HELI-EXPO 2015 in Orlando, Florida. The organization will be seeking resumes of flight instructors, mechanics, administrative, and management personnel to support future growth. The HAI Career Fair takes place Tuesday, March 03, 2015.
In addition to increasing its payroll and creating new jobs, Guidance Aviation is expanding and upgrading its helicopter fleet. “Currently, we have (13) R44s in the fleet, with (2) more on the way. As we add new R44′s, they will have the G500H glass panels installed. We also have (3) R66 turbines in the line-up, a fourth R66 arriving in February 2015, and a fifth one new from the factory in March, 2015. All of the new R66 turbines have Aspen EFD 1000H Pro/HSI glass panels. Finally, we are already initiating ADS-B compliance in our helicopters. Our ADS-B work is well ahead of the FAA’s 2020 ADS-B mandate designed to improve situational awareness and safety for pilots,” states Jason Kidd, Director of Maintenance, Guidance Aviation.
Guidance Aviation is an FAA approved Part 141 helicopter flight training institution with flight operations in Prescott, Arizona and Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Through their collegiate partner programs, graduates earn both their Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree, Aviation Technology – Helicopters, and the necessary FAA certificates and ratings (CFI-I) to become working, professional helicopter pilots. Guidance Aviation is a military friendly organization. The majority its employees and students are U.S. Military Veterans.
- Airwolf Aerospace and True Blue Power Announce New Lithium-ion Main Ship Battery STCs
- Telephonics flight tests MOSAIC AESA Radar System on MH-60S
- Bucher presents its newest multi-mission HEMS at Heli-Expo 2020
- Astronautics Readies Its Airborne Communication System for Various Airbus Platforms
- Astronautics RoadRunner EFI Brings Enhanced Capability to Santa Barbara Firehawk
- Astronautics Nears FAA Approval on STC for RoadRunner EFI on Bell 212 and 412
- Canada approves Astronics Enhanced Vision Systems on Bell 407
- Cobham Launches Titan Digital Audio Management Series
- Luma Technologies offers Goggle Ready LED Solutions for UH-60 / S-70 Operators
- Air Methods to supply two EC145s to Houston Healthcare
- Kenyan Air Force receives first six MD530Fs
- VFS Leads eVTOL Efforts at HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- Kopter’s SH09 flies with a new main rotor configuration
- Air Methods lowers costs to patients
- MINT Turbines Announces Launch of Redesigned Website
- 26-Jan-20 N72EX Sikorsky S76B Calabasas, US-California (9F)
- Boost Human External Cargo Systems Exhibiting at HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- eVTOL manufacturer Joby Aviation raises $590 Million
- Helicopter Foundation International changes name
- Bristow Supports Republic of Singapore Air Force, Australia Bushfire Relief Operations