Guidance Aviation hired 60 professionals in the last 12 months (02/14 – 02/15) – that’s just over one job created each week by the primary helicopter flight training institution.
To support its growth, Guidance Aviation will be attending Helicopter Association International’s Helicopter Industry Career Fair at HELI-EXPO 2015 in Orlando, Florida. The organization will be seeking resumes of flight instructors, mechanics, administrative, and management personnel to support future growth. The HAI Career Fair takes place Tuesday, March 03, 2015.
In addition to increasing its payroll and creating new jobs, Guidance Aviation is expanding and upgrading its helicopter fleet. “Currently, we have (13) R44s in the fleet, with (2) more on the way. As we add new R44′s, they will have the G500H glass panels installed. We also have (3) R66 turbines in the line-up, a fourth R66 arriving in February 2015, and a fifth one new from the factory in March, 2015. All of the new R66 turbines have Aspen EFD 1000H Pro/HSI glass panels. Finally, we are already initiating ADS-B compliance in our helicopters. Our ADS-B work is well ahead of the FAA’s 2020 ADS-B mandate designed to improve situational awareness and safety for pilots,” states Jason Kidd, Director of Maintenance, Guidance Aviation.
Guidance Aviation is an FAA approved Part 141 helicopter flight training institution with flight operations in Prescott, Arizona and Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Through their collegiate partner programs, graduates earn both their Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree, Aviation Technology – Helicopters, and the necessary FAA certificates and ratings (CFI-I) to become working, professional helicopter pilots. Guidance Aviation is a military friendly organization. The majority its employees and students are U.S. Military Veterans.
- President of Uruguay welcomes first SAR AB412
- Airbus to keep NASA’s helicopters flying for up to 10 years
- Viterra and STARS to launch calendar campaign fundraiser
- UW Health Med Flight’s first all-woman crew makes history
- Swire Oilfield Services acquires Helifuel
- Aviation Jobs – statistical comparison between 2019 and 2020
- BBGA calls Brexit webinar
- Devon Air Ambulance celebates exemplary service
- Polar Airlines becomes first service centre for Ansat helicopters
- Kazan Ansat approved for all documentation in electronic form
- SH09 prototype returns home with improved aerodynamics
- Bell Delivers Montenegro Air Force’s First Bell 505
- First Bell Authorized Maintenance Center Added in Denmark
- New equipment options revealed for Ansat
- Safran Helicopter Engines appoints Executive Vice-President, Support and Services
- CGAS Humboldt Bat orders HH-65 maintenance platforms
- Bell Adds Its First European Authorized Maintenance Center to its Support Network
- 15-Sep-20 N489DM Bell 407 Fort Worth, US-Texas
- Christoph 54 completes 50th Operation
- Gulf Helicopters announces the success in qualifying to the standards of ISO 45001:2018 accreditation