Phoenix Heliparts has established a new 1,000-square-foot component repair and overhaul shop, providing a cost-effective new service for operators of MD 500 Series helicopters at its growing Mesa, Ariz., facility.
New capabilities include component overhaul for main rotor transmissions, tail rotor gearboxes, dampers, and swashplates. Phoenix Heliparts is also offering complete drive line overhauls, time continued repairs, rentals, exchanges, custom-designed, FAA-approved repairs and 24/7 technical support.
All work will be completed in house, resulting in savings of time and money for customers, said Tina Cannon, president of Phoenix Heliparts. “Having one company supplying the maintenance, components, and technical support provides an important added benefit and competitive edge,” Cannon said. “It’s a complete package that will help drive down direct operating costs and add continuity of service for the MD 500 community.”
The component shop was established by Vice President of Operations Darin Cannon and is managed by Brandon Clausen, a Level 3 NDT technician with 20 years of experience.
Phoenix Heliparts will be exhibiting and available to discuss its expanding capabilities in booth 2059 during Heli-Expo 2015.
Founded in 2003, Phoenix Heliparts has extensive experience servicing its diverse, worldwide customer base, and specializes in heavy structural repairs, maintenance, overhaul, completions, restorations, refurbishments, engineering, and avionics, with an emphasis on customizing aircraft for its clients’ individual needs. Their service includes offering a significant parts inventory for immediate shipment. Capabilities include engineering, avionics, interiors, sheet metal, AP & IA mechanics, field support, engine management, and component overhaul.
- HAI names Flight Instructor of the Year
- HSC-25 Squadron Conducts Change of Command Ceremony
- Leonardo and Falcon Aviation Services start building Dubai AW609 terminal
- Air Methods targets new Wisconsin base at Hartford
- PLDT’s aviation unit announces rebranding
- Sikorsky awarded $53M contract for four UH-60Ms
- New USHST Report Lays Down a Path for Automatic Flight Control Systems in Light Helicopters
- Bell V-280 Valor short-listed for Collier Trophy
- FRASCA Expands Capacity for Level D FFS Contract
- NY National Guard Honors Fallen Aircrew
- HAI names winner of 2021 Salute to Excellence award for Communications
- Police Aviation News – March 2021 Edition
- Bell awarded $16M contract for engineering AH-Z and UH-1
- EHang Supports Chinese National Transportation Network Plan
- Le Havre marine pilots lose AS365N3 cruise altitude to just 60 feet
- Israel selects CH-53K from Sikorsky over CH-F47 from Boeing
- UK man jailed for shining torch into police helicopter cockpit
- Dropsafe launches Helideck Perimeter Safety Net
- EHang explores coastal Urban Air Mobility with first over-water EH216 flights
- Archer commits Urban Air Mobility Network In Los Angeles by 2024