Phoenix Heliparts has established a new 1,000-square-foot component repair and overhaul shop, providing a cost-effective new service for operators of MD 500 Series helicopters at its growing Mesa, Ariz., facility.
New capabilities include component overhaul for main rotor transmissions, tail rotor gearboxes, dampers, and swashplates. Phoenix Heliparts is also offering complete drive line overhauls, time continued repairs, rentals, exchanges, custom-designed, FAA-approved repairs and 24/7 technical support.
All work will be completed in house, resulting in savings of time and money for customers, said Tina Cannon, president of Phoenix Heliparts. “Having one company supplying the maintenance, components, and technical support provides an important added benefit and competitive edge,” Cannon said. “It’s a complete package that will help drive down direct operating costs and add continuity of service for the MD 500 community.”
The component shop was established by Vice President of Operations Darin Cannon and is managed by Brandon Clausen, a Level 3 NDT technician with 20 years of experience.
Phoenix Heliparts will be exhibiting and available to discuss its expanding capabilities in booth 2059 during Heli-Expo 2015.
Founded in 2003, Phoenix Heliparts has extensive experience servicing its diverse, worldwide customer base, and specializes in heavy structural repairs, maintenance, overhaul, completions, restorations, refurbishments, engineering, and avionics, with an emphasis on customizing aircraft for its clients’ individual needs. Their service includes offering a significant parts inventory for immediate shipment. Capabilities include engineering, avionics, interiors, sheet metal, AP & IA mechanics, field support, engine management, and component overhaul.
- Air BP rolls out Airfield Automation digital technology across São Paulo heliports
- Bell Announces Delivery of First Bell 505 to Horizon International Flight Academy
- Frost & Sullivan Presents the Evolving UAM Landscape Up to 2040
- Sikorsky Donates S-76® Airframe
- EASA certifies Safran Aneto-1K in Leonardo AW189K
- New helipad opens at Maidstone Hospital
- CEO of Chinook Helicopters in Abbotsford among nation’s Most Powerful Women
- Southwest Fuel Systems Announces New Triumph Hydromechanical Unit MRO Capability for RR M250 Engines
- Airbus delivers first SAR H145 for German Armed Forces ahead of schedule
- Permali to supply ballistic protection for Royal Navy Commando Merlin fleet
- New app launched for owners to track inspections, maintenance, billing etc
- RYAN AEROSPACE launches HELIMOD Mark III PLUS+ at I/ITSEC
- Elbit helps add Integrated Weapon System to MD530MG
- AMSTAT announces an upgraded Dashboard for AMSTAT Premier and Connect
- Air Evac Lifeteam closes two Arkansas bases
- Horizon purchased Entrol a Bell 505 FTD Level 2 simulator
- Reiser wins Australian Forces contract for MRH90 Maintenance Training Rig
- Major Trauma Centre first in UK to benefit from weather station
- Transformative Vertical Flight 2020 and eVTOL Symposium
- StandardAero and Thales Team on AS350 autopilot