Phoenix Heliparts has established a new 1,000-square-foot component repair and overhaul shop, providing a cost-effective new service for operators of MD 500 Series helicopters at its growing Mesa, Ariz., facility.
New capabilities include component overhaul for main rotor transmissions, tail rotor gearboxes, dampers, and swashplates. Phoenix Heliparts is also offering complete drive line overhauls, time continued repairs, rentals, exchanges, custom-designed, FAA-approved repairs and 24/7 technical support.
All work will be completed in house, resulting in savings of time and money for customers, said Tina Cannon, president of Phoenix Heliparts. “Having one company supplying the maintenance, components, and technical support provides an important added benefit and competitive edge,” Cannon said. “It’s a complete package that will help drive down direct operating costs and add continuity of service for the MD 500 community.”
The component shop was established by Vice President of Operations Darin Cannon and is managed by Brandon Clausen, a Level 3 NDT technician with 20 years of experience.
Phoenix Heliparts will be exhibiting and available to discuss its expanding capabilities in booth 2059 during Heli-Expo 2015.
Founded in 2003, Phoenix Heliparts has extensive experience servicing its diverse, worldwide customer base, and specializes in heavy structural repairs, maintenance, overhaul, completions, restorations, refurbishments, engineering, and avionics, with an emphasis on customizing aircraft for its clients’ individual needs. Their service includes offering a significant parts inventory for immediate shipment. Capabilities include engineering, avionics, interiors, sheet metal, AP & IA mechanics, field support, engine management, and component overhaul.
- Trinidad & Tobago Air Guard to reactivate one of four AW139s
- ATSB reminds pilots of Low Rotor RPM response time
- Former Bristow Nigeria employees in court on parts theft charges
- Ace Aeronautics opens paint booth and media blast facility
- Uber Elevate teams with GE Aviation for flight data monitoring
- BAC Helicopters helps fight locust swarms in Kenya
- Astronautics RoadRunner EFI installed in Santa Barbara County Black Hawk
- Boost Systems improves HEC Suspension Line System
- Deadline to Apply for WAI Scholarships Here
- New-generation Euroflir410 selected for NH90 TFRA & Special forces
- Leonardo demonstrates helicopter-UAV teaming in the UK with its AW159 Wildcat
- Starspeed to manage two H145s on new polar vessel Ultramarine
- Ontario gold prospecting uses helicopter-borne geophysical survey
- Leonardo CEO Profumo given 6 year jail sentence and €2.5M file
- US Marine Corps retires AH-1W Cobra after 34 years
- NHV Group appoints Head of Commercial
- Simrik Air has initiated air ambulance services for COVID-19 patients
- CAE hands over CAE 700MR NH90 simulator to Royal New Zealand Air Force
- Helipad reopens at Ellwood City Medical Center
- Russian Helicopters delivers five Mi-8MTV-1