Phoenix Heliparts today announced the approval of a Supplemental Type Certificate (STC) that allows installation of the Aspen Avionics Evolution Flight Display System in a range of MD Helicopters.
The STC authorizes Phoenix Heliparts to install Aspen’s single- or dual-display Pilot, Pro 1000, Pro 1500 and Pro 2000 systems in MD 369, MD 530F, MD 530FF and MD 520N helicopters. The equipment features an integral air data computer and attitude heading reference system and enables rotorcraft operators to replace legacy mechanical flight instruments with reliable solid-state electronic displays.
An MD 530F equipped with the new glass cockpit equipment is available for purchase and will be on display in the Phoenix Heliparts exhibit (2059) at Heli-Expo 2015.
“Operators are very interested in the glass cockpit, and we are happy to bring this important upgrade to the rotorcraft market,” said Tina Cannon, president of Phoenix Heliparts. “This is good news, and we expect strong interest at Heli-Expo.”
“We are pleased that Phoenix Heliparts is bringing this compelling solution for situational awareness to the MD Helicopters fleet,” said Mark Ferrari, vice president sales and customer support, Aspen Avionics. “Their significant MD 500 platform expertise adds an important dimension to the overall offering.”
Founded in 2003, Phoenix Heliparts has extensive experience servicing its diverse, worldwide customer base, and specializes in heavy structural repairs, maintenance, overhaul, completions, restorations, refurbishments, engineering, and avionics, with an emphasis on customizing aircraft for its clients’ individual needs. Their service includes offering a significant parts inventory for immediate shipment. Capabilities include engineering, avionics, interiors, sheet metal, AP & IA mechanics, field support, engine management, and component overhaul.
- “Before your flight” example of Airbus proactive support of global safety initiatives
- US Allied Forces Kick-off EOD Exercise HYDRACRAB
- HAI Applauds Utah Rotor Pathway Program Rollout
- Russia in the lead at the 3rd stage of the Helicopter World Cup
- Airbus delivers H145 to New Zealand EMS
- Omni reaches over 100,000 hours flown in AW139 aircraft
- Bavaria’s air rescue is considered a leader
- Sikorsky S-92A™ Helicopter Certified For Expanded Brazil Operations
- Helibras and Airbus bring luxury and power to LABACE 2019
- Kopter participates in Zigermeet 2019
- CHC Safety and Quality Summit Announces Scholarship Program for Female Aviators for 2020
- Omni Táxi Aéreo awarded for most distant Offshore flight ever made in Brazil
- London Air Ambulance appeal receives £2million boost
- Garmin® to certify GFC 600H on the Bell 505 Jet Ranger X
- Airbus Helicopters Delivers 200th UH-72A Lakota
- ARCH Air Medical’s 40th Year of Dedication to the St. Louis Area
- VFS announces Student Design Winners
- Online bookings open for new Isles of Scilly AW139 service
- Countdown to WAI Girls in Aviation Day Underway
- S.A.F.E. Successfully Completes STAGE 2 ISO 9001:2015 Audit