Phoenix Heliparts today announced the approval of a Supplemental Type Certificate (STC) that allows installation of the Aspen Avionics Evolution Flight Display System in a range of MD Helicopters.
The STC authorizes Phoenix Heliparts to install Aspen’s single- or dual-display Pilot, Pro 1000, Pro 1500 and Pro 2000 systems in MD 369, MD 530F, MD 530FF and MD 520N helicopters. The equipment features an integral air data computer and attitude heading reference system and enables rotorcraft operators to replace legacy mechanical flight instruments with reliable solid-state electronic displays.
An MD 530F equipped with the new glass cockpit equipment is available for purchase and will be on display in the Phoenix Heliparts exhibit (2059) at Heli-Expo 2015.
“Operators are very interested in the glass cockpit, and we are happy to bring this important upgrade to the rotorcraft market,” said Tina Cannon, president of Phoenix Heliparts. “This is good news, and we expect strong interest at Heli-Expo.”
“We are pleased that Phoenix Heliparts is bringing this compelling solution for situational awareness to the MD Helicopters fleet,” said Mark Ferrari, vice president sales and customer support, Aspen Avionics. “Their significant MD 500 platform expertise adds an important dimension to the overall offering.”
Founded in 2003, Phoenix Heliparts has extensive experience servicing its diverse, worldwide customer base, and specializes in heavy structural repairs, maintenance, overhaul, completions, restorations, refurbishments, engineering, and avionics, with an emphasis on customizing aircraft for its clients’ individual needs. Their service includes offering a significant parts inventory for immediate shipment. Capabilities include engineering, avionics, interiors, sheet metal, AP & IA mechanics, field support, engine management, and component overhaul.
- New contract between NHIndustries and the NATO Agency NAHEMA
- Metro unveils H125 configuration for Argentine state of Mendoza
- LUH Clears 6 KMs Altitude Flight
- Heli-One and China Southern Airlines Sign Letter of Intent
- Widow sues Sikorsky over 2017 Black Hawk accident
- Rotorua Residents Create New Trust
- Sikorsky Awarded $38M Contract for CH-53K Parts Database
- Lithuanian Air Force renews AS365N3+ HCare Infinite contract
- Helicopter tactics high on EDA agenda with symposium in Austria and course in Sweden
- Bell delivers two 429s to EDIC Horizon International Flight Academy
- DSI and Honeywell sign HUMS licensing agreement
- Malaysian Fire Dept starts AW189 operations
- Falcon Aviation Services starts AW169 contract in Kuwait
- Russian Helicopters’ Service Center opens in Peru
- Castle Air adds AW139 to London Heli Shuttle
- Simplex Announces New STC
- Armenian Helicopters LLC to bring in another passenger helicopter
- Asian Sky Group appoints Rotary Program Sales Manager
- NYPD Unveils New UAS Program
- Kaman Receives Additional K-MAX®Order