Phoenix Heliparts today announced the approval of a Supplemental Type Certificate (STC) that allows installation of the Aspen Avionics Evolution Flight Display System in a range of MD Helicopters.
The STC authorizes Phoenix Heliparts to install Aspen’s single- or dual-display Pilot, Pro 1000, Pro 1500 and Pro 2000 systems in MD 369, MD 530F, MD 530FF and MD 520N helicopters. The equipment features an integral air data computer and attitude heading reference system and enables rotorcraft operators to replace legacy mechanical flight instruments with reliable solid-state electronic displays.
An MD 530F equipped with the new glass cockpit equipment is available for purchase and will be on display in the Phoenix Heliparts exhibit (2059) at Heli-Expo 2015.
“Operators are very interested in the glass cockpit, and we are happy to bring this important upgrade to the rotorcraft market,” said Tina Cannon, president of Phoenix Heliparts. “This is good news, and we expect strong interest at Heli-Expo.”
“We are pleased that Phoenix Heliparts is bringing this compelling solution for situational awareness to the MD Helicopters fleet,” said Mark Ferrari, vice president sales and customer support, Aspen Avionics. “Their significant MD 500 platform expertise adds an important dimension to the overall offering.”
Founded in 2003, Phoenix Heliparts has extensive experience servicing its diverse, worldwide customer base, and specializes in heavy structural repairs, maintenance, overhaul, completions, restorations, refurbishments, engineering, and avionics, with an emphasis on customizing aircraft for its clients’ individual needs. Their service includes offering a significant parts inventory for immediate shipment. Capabilities include engineering, avionics, interiors, sheet metal, AP & IA mechanics, field support, engine management, and component overhaul.
- San Diego commits to four Airbus H125s for Police Dept
- New leasing company Thora Capital closes helicopter transaction
- Erickson Named Top 10 Defense Manufacturing Solution Provider
- John Deere and Volocopter collaborate on agricultural drone
- DCS Awarded $93.4M Task Order to Support AFLCMC/WIH Helicopter Program Office
- HSC-22 Teams with Kanas City College
- Petroleum Air Services adds 6th AW139
- PWC adds Russian maintenance facility for Ansat helicopters
- Helicopter Tactics Symposium drew lessons from past operations
- Air Methods to Refund Medicare Patients
- Leonardo and Abu Dhabi Aviation sign contracts
- Airbus highlighted products at DSE 2019
- Summit receives acclaimed Hire Vets Award
- Blood and plasma preserves aboard Christoph 53
- Airbus expands its power line footprint
- Bell Delivers Canada’s First Bell 407GXi
- Precision Aviation Group is receives Top Supplier Award
- Russian Helicopters obtained an authorization for servicing Ansat engines
- Falcon Aviation Services’ AW169 fleet leader sets 2,000FH milestone
- Jordan’s first female pilot trains in the USA