Airbus Helicopters Inc. has delivered a new AS350 B3e AStar to Coastal Helicopters, LLC, based in Van Nuys, Calif. The aircraft replaces the company’s previously owned AS350 B2.
Coastal Helicopters ordered the new AS350 B3e, the most versatile light single engine helicopter on the market, in December and took delivery of the aircraft on February 25. The company plans to use the aircraft to pursue firefighting contracts with the U.S. Forest Service, the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) and Cal Fire, as well as for charter and utility work. The new AStar will be the first new AS350 B3e to be commercially operated in the Los Angeles basin area for a variety of missions, including fire, utility, production work and executive charters.
Metro Aviation of Shreveport, La. Has taken delivery of and will complete the aircraft with a utility configuration and a full glass cockpit including a Garmin G500H. The aircraft will be completed in time for the 2015 summer fire season.
“We are excited to see Coastal Helicopters take delivery of the new AS350 B3e as part of their growth strategy for utility and fire operations in the southern California region,” said Treg Manning, Vice President, Sales and Marketing for Airbus Helicopters. “The new aircraft allows them to pursue new avenues for growth and Airbus Helicopters Inc. stands ready to support the aircraft and Coastal Helicopters.”
“This new AS350 B3e represents a significant upgrade over our current AS350 B2,” said Bryan Robinson Jr., Coastal Helicopter LLC’s Director of Operations. “With a full glass cockpit, the AS350 B3e combines the latest generation of safety with best-in-class performance, allowing us to offer the best value to our customers and charter clients.”
Coastal Helicopters is a rapidly growing Southern California based operator. Coastal currently operates Airbus, Bell and Sikorsky products. The company has plans for future growth in all markets while continuing to be one of the premier fire and utility operators. Along with fire and utility work Coastal provides excellent executive charter services in Los Angeles.
For more information on Airbus Helicopters AS350 AStars and other industry leading products, stop by Airbus Helicopters Booth #2437 at Heli-Expo 2015 in Orlando.
About Airbus Helicopters Inc.
Airbus Helicopters Inc. is the U.S. affiliate of Airbus Helicopters, the largest helicopter manufacturer in the world, and a subsidiary of the Airbus Group. Airbus Helicopters Inc. is a manufacturer, markets, sells and supports the broadest range of civil and parapublic helicopters offered in the U.S. The product line represents the industry’s most cost-effective, technologically-advanced helicopters serving all markets and missions. The company’s headquarters and main facility are in Grand Prairie, Texas with a large manufacturing and production facility in Columbus, Miss.
- SPAES modifies AS350 external mirror mounting
- Four new Airbus H125s for Norwegian operators in one week
- 12-Apr-20 N160CC Airbus H125 Tampa, US-Florida
- FAA approves Garmin GFC600H Helicopter Flight Control System in AS350
- Airbus adds more power and enhanced aerial work capabilities for the H125
- Air Zermatt picks VR technology H125 training solution
- StandardAero and Robertson Announce First Canadian Customer for AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- Ukraine Border Guards receive first two Airbus H125s
- 26-Dec-19 N985SA Airbus AS350B2 Kauai, US-Hawaii (7F)
- StandardAero and Thales Team on AS350 autopilot
- 09-Dec-19 ZK-HPB Airbus AS350B2 White Island, New Zealand
- AS350 heating and demisting system improvement
- All change at Soloy with STCs sold and now new owners too
- Airbus H125 helicopters enter Austrian Ministry of Interior service
- Canada approves AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- 23-Sep-19 VT-UTC Airbus H125 Kedarnath, India
- LA County Sheriff buys a AS350 crash-resistant fuel tank
- Oklahoma City Police buy two AS350 crash-resistant fuel tanks
- Oceania Aviation Prepare Right Hand H125/AS350 Cargo Pod
- Trump proposes import duties on Airbus helicopters built in EU