The European Aviation Safety Administration (EASA) has approved the VIP Type Certificate for the S-76D™ helicopter, allowing for operation of the aircraft in Europe. The announcement was made at the 2015 Helicopter Association International Heli-Expo show. Sikorsky Aircraft is a subsidiary of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE:UTX).
EASA signed the certificate on Feb. 25, capping an intensive flight test program to introduce the S-76D helicopter, Sikorsky’s newest commercial product.
“This certification enables our customers in Europe to begin operations using the S-76D helicopter,” said Shane Eddy, President, Sikorsky Commercial Systems & Services. “The aircraft already has seen great success in offshore and VIP operations in Trinidad and Tobago, Korea and China and has entered into search and rescue service with the Japan Coast Guard. We have high expectations for the aircraft’s acceptance, performance and importance to our European customers.”
The Federal Aviation Administration approved the Type Certificate for the baseline S-76D aircraft in October 2012. In the ensuing year, the Sikorsky Flight Test program expanded certifications. Bristow Group Inc. took delivery of the first S-76D helicopter in December 2013.
Sikorsky has delivered more than 800 S-76® helicopters to customers globally since 1979, contributing daily to a growing 6.6-million-plus fleet flight hours total.
The new generation S-76D helicopter, through its application of modern technologies, is designed to provide a substantial increase in performance, power and value. The S-76D helicopter’s baseline equipment includes powerful and efficient Pratt & Whitney Canada PW210S engines; an advanced THALES TopDeck® integrated avionics system and four-axis autopilot; Health and Usage Monitoring System (HUMS) incorporated into fleet monitoring and analysis; active vibration control; and all-composite, flaw-tolerant main rotor blades.
Sikorsky Aircraft Corp., based in Stratford, Connecticut, is a world leader in aircraft design, manufacture and service. United Technologies Corp., based in Hartford, Connecticut, provides high technology products and services to the building and aerospace and industries.
- DAC International launch ADS-B Out solution for Sikorsky S76
- Wheels Up partners with HeliFlite
- 18-Mar-19 C9-HEI Sikorsky S76A Beira, Mozambique
- Heli-One Completes Universal Avionics Flight Deck Upgrade For S-76
- Costa do Sol Taxi Aero selects SKYTRAC Real-Time Flight Data Monitoring
- Universal Avionics ground testing completed on Heli-One S76B
- CHC introduces AW189 in Australia
- UK Aviation Services becomes a Sikorsky S76 Customer Support Center
- JSSI expands S76 coverage
- Crestwood selected as Sikorsky Supplier of the Year
- Canada certifies DAC for Esterline CMA-6800 Display in S76
- 25-May-17 VT-CMM Sikorsky S76C++ Nilanga, India
- CHC Brazil Opens New Hangar in Macaé
- Sikorsky plans Customer Support Centre in Thailand
- Sikorsky Recognizes Helijet for 30 Years of Safe S-76 Flight Operations
- Possible Stabilization for Oil and Gas Sector
- Canadian Helicopters renews Nova Scotia EMS contract
- Governor Cuomo Helicopter Request Denied
- Helijet extends flights between Nanaimo and Vancouver
- Sikorsky Helicopter Maintenance Trainer Advances Engineering Program