Two Pratt & Whitney Canada PT6C-67E-powered EC175 helicopters have been recently delivered to Belgian operator NHV (Noordzee Helicopters Vlaanderen). NHV, one of the launch customers for Airbus Helicopter’s new model, has started commercial operation with its first two EC175 helicopters in the North Sea in December 2014 which have already accumulated more than 300 hrs of flight.
A fast growing international helicopter operator delivering offshore crew change services in Africa and selected locations world-wide, NHV also operates in the market segments of Search and Rescue (“SAR”), Maritime Services, Helicopter Emergency Medical Services (“HEMS”) and onshore aerial work. NHV has been flying a variety of Airbus rotorcrafts since 1997 and has ordered a total of 16 EC175s.
The new super medium helicopter has received EASA and Russian certification with FAA certification expected in 2015.
P&WC received Transport Canada type certification for the PT6C-67E, the latest turboshaft engine in the PT6C-67 family for the medium class helicopter segment, in April 2012. The new model builds on the experience of the PT6 family of turboprop and turboshaft engines, bringing unmatched reliability to a market where dispatch, availability and safety are paramount. It incorporates the latest Full Authority Digital Engine Control (FADEC) system that reduces pilot workload and provides the most advanced diagnostic capability in the market.
P&WC’s PT6 engine family has become the industry benchmark for dependability, operating economics and ease of maintenance and is the No. 1 choice for customers in the medium and super-medium helicopter market.
- Dickson sworn in as new FAA Administrator
- Bell Announces 200th Bell 505 Jet Ranger X Delivery
- Pratt & Whitney to Open New Engine Overhaul Centre in Brazil
- Life Flight Network Achieves NAAMTA Medical Transport Accreditation
- WAI Receives Grant from the ISTAT Foundation
- Cornwall Air Ambulance appoints first Vice President
- Kopter enters the Brazilian market
- Leonardo confirms solid presence in the Brazilian VIP market at
- Elbit to supply components for CV-22 Color Helmet Mounted Display System
- East Anglia Air Ambulance to extend Norwich head office
- Forecast International Publishes White Paper on Global Outlook for Helicopters
- German NH90s get upgrade with Rohde & Schwarz radios
- Airbus now accepting nominations for sixth annual ‘Innovation in Safety Award’
- Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance Shortlisted for Third Sector Awards
- Thames Valley Air Ambulance partners with what3words app
- STARS announces winners of $4.1M Saskatchewan Lottery
- Genesys Aerosystems Equipped Leonardo TH-119 Achieves IFR Certification
- Boeing opens V-22 production facility
- Helicentre Announces Bristow CPL(H) Scholarship
- Keynote Speakers Announced for CHC Safety & Quality Summit