Two Pratt & Whitney Canada PT6C-67E-powered EC175 helicopters have been recently delivered to Belgian operator NHV (Noordzee Helicopters Vlaanderen). NHV, one of the launch customers for Airbus Helicopter’s new model, has started commercial operation with its first two EC175 helicopters in the North Sea in December 2014 which have already accumulated more than 300 hrs of flight.
A fast growing international helicopter operator delivering offshore crew change services in Africa and selected locations world-wide, NHV also operates in the market segments of Search and Rescue (“SAR”), Maritime Services, Helicopter Emergency Medical Services (“HEMS”) and onshore aerial work. NHV has been flying a variety of Airbus rotorcrafts since 1997 and has ordered a total of 16 EC175s.
The new super medium helicopter has received EASA and Russian certification with FAA certification expected in 2015.
P&WC received Transport Canada type certification for the PT6C-67E, the latest turboshaft engine in the PT6C-67 family for the medium class helicopter segment, in April 2012. The new model builds on the experience of the PT6 family of turboprop and turboshaft engines, bringing unmatched reliability to a market where dispatch, availability and safety are paramount. It incorporates the latest Full Authority Digital Engine Control (FADEC) system that reduces pilot workload and provides the most advanced diagnostic capability in the market.
P&WC’s PT6 engine family has become the industry benchmark for dependability, operating economics and ease of maintenance and is the No. 1 choice for customers in the medium and super-medium helicopter market.
- Sundance Helicopters Partners with Hillsboro Heli Academy
- Devon Air Ambulance pilot elected to prestigious flight safety post
- Speakers for 10th Anniversary Aeromedical Conference
- EU wide rules on drones published
- VIKING secures offshore helicopter PPE contract
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Communications Director
- Boeing Awarded $194M Contract for MH-47G Procurement
- 30 years of Christoph 51 in service
- Airbus to mark 50 years of pioneering achievements at Paris Air Show 2019
- US Navy Reservist Takes Helm of Helicopter Training Squadron 8
- Workhorse Group Secures Financing
- VFS Expands Support to eVTOL
- Specialist Aviation Services welcomes new CEO
- Nakanihon Air Service takes delivery of 20th H135
- Air Methods Added to Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama’s Air Ambulance Network
- GHS announces Red Cross contract in Nigeria
- Quark Expeditions new ship has two helipads and two helicopters
- Sikorsky Awarded $542M Contract for Presidential Helicopter Replacement Program Support
- Pacific Heliport Services Receives Provincial Grant
- Deloitte launches eVTOL market report