Two Pratt & Whitney Canada PT6C-67E-powered EC175 helicopters have been recently delivered to Belgian operator NHV (Noordzee Helicopters Vlaanderen). NHV, one of the launch customers for Airbus Helicopter’s new model, has started commercial operation with its first two EC175 helicopters in the North Sea in December 2014 which have already accumulated more than 300 hrs of flight.
A fast growing international helicopter operator delivering offshore crew change services in Africa and selected locations world-wide, NHV also operates in the market segments of Search and Rescue (“SAR”), Maritime Services, Helicopter Emergency Medical Services (“HEMS”) and onshore aerial work. NHV has been flying a variety of Airbus rotorcrafts since 1997 and has ordered a total of 16 EC175s.
The new super medium helicopter has received EASA and Russian certification with FAA certification expected in 2015.
P&WC received Transport Canada type certification for the PT6C-67E, the latest turboshaft engine in the PT6C-67 family for the medium class helicopter segment, in April 2012. The new model builds on the experience of the PT6 family of turboprop and turboshaft engines, bringing unmatched reliability to a market where dispatch, availability and safety are paramount. It incorporates the latest Full Authority Digital Engine Control (FADEC) system that reduces pilot workload and provides the most advanced diagnostic capability in the market.
P&WC’s PT6 engine family has become the industry benchmark for dependability, operating economics and ease of maintenance and is the No. 1 choice for customers in the medium and super-medium helicopter market.
- Boost Human External Cargo Systems Exhibiting at HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- eVTOL manufacturer Joby Aviation raises $590 Million
- Helicopter Foundation International changes name
- Bristow Supports Republic of Singapore Air Force, Australia Bushfire Relief Operations
- Genesys Aerosystems Offers New Line of Digital Radios
- Bristow to merge with Era Helicopters
- AirX proposes new tourist flights from Tokyo Heliport
- Elbit Systems Successfully Demonstrates High-Altitude High-Precision Aerial Firefighting Solution
- PS Engineering announces PAC45 with dual control head – PAC45D
- DRF Foundation to fund external air medical R&D projects
- Twirly Birds annual meeting to be held during HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- Airbus displays its customer-centric solutions at Heli-Expo 2020
- HAI Foundation Online Auction Is Now Open
- FAA Administrator to Attend HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- EHA launches European Rotors event to rival Vertical Flight Expo
- StandardAero makes component repair acquisition in Europe
- Far East air force looking to lease eight utility helicopters
- Hawaii Air Tour Task Force to Address Safety and Noise
- Genesys Adds Integration with PS Engineering
- Helinet announces new president and COO