Two Pratt & Whitney Canada PT6C-67E-powered EC175 helicopters have been recently delivered to Belgian operator NHV (Noordzee Helicopters Vlaanderen). NHV, one of the launch customers for Airbus Helicopter’s new model, has started commercial operation with its first two EC175 helicopters in the North Sea in December 2014 which have already accumulated more than 300 hrs of flight.
A fast growing international helicopter operator delivering offshore crew change services in Africa and selected locations world-wide, NHV also operates in the market segments of Search and Rescue (“SAR”), Maritime Services, Helicopter Emergency Medical Services (“HEMS”) and onshore aerial work. NHV has been flying a variety of Airbus rotorcrafts since 1997 and has ordered a total of 16 EC175s.
The new super medium helicopter has received EASA and Russian certification with FAA certification expected in 2015.
P&WC received Transport Canada type certification for the PT6C-67E, the latest turboshaft engine in the PT6C-67 family for the medium class helicopter segment, in April 2012. The new model builds on the experience of the PT6 family of turboprop and turboshaft engines, bringing unmatched reliability to a market where dispatch, availability and safety are paramount. It incorporates the latest Full Authority Digital Engine Control (FADEC) system that reduces pilot workload and provides the most advanced diagnostic capability in the market.
P&WC’s PT6 engine family has become the industry benchmark for dependability, operating economics and ease of maintenance and is the No. 1 choice for customers in the medium and super-medium helicopter market.
- AEM Plans for Continued Growth with New Facility
- Winners of 37th Annual VFS Student Design Competition announced
- Jolly Green II begins aerial refueling tests
- Great North Air Ambulance adds AS365N3+ Dauphin
- Western Australia police orders first five-bladed H145
- Wysong enterprises completes Eagle 407HP for Helicopter Express
- Bell Takes Manufacturing to New Heights
- Netherlands’ Chinook purchase strengthens US-Coalition capabilities
- Children’s Air Ambulance offers pioneering medical treatment
- UK AAIB Bulletin – August 2020
- Leonardo are test flying AW169 with skids
- FAA to Host Virtual International Rotorcraft Safety Conference
- 13-Aug-20 SP-SVW Robinson R44 Sady, Poland
- 13-Aug-20 OK-??? Robinson R44 Zamberk, Czech Republic
- QinetiQ contract with Castle Air to operate new Airbus H145
- Bell opens facility in Wichita, Kansas
- First flight for Russia’s Ka-52M
- DRF Luftrettung retains Christoph 80 contract from April 2021
- Coptersafety appoints new AW139 Type Lead Instructor
- Robinson Delivers R66 Serial Number 1000