Already-known as the fastest way to get between the Lower Mainland and Victoria, Helijet International’s passenger helicopter service begins its new harbour-to-harbour service between downtown Nanaimo and downtown Vancouver on Wednesday, March 11th, 2015.
Travel time is just 18 minutes, and Helijet’s familiar 12-passenger, twin-engine, two-pilot Sikorsky helicopters are equipped to operate in both daylight, and after dark, thus capable of offering 14 scheduled flights (seven return flights) weekdays between 7:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m.
Flights will operate between downtown Vancouver, and Helijet’s Nanaimo Harbour Heliport at the Cruise Ship Welcome Centre, just minutes from Nanaimo’s city centre. Complimentary vehicle parking, downtown shuttle service, taxi and rental car services will be available at both check-in terminals.
“Helijet has the edge by being able to take off and land pre-dawn and after sunset, which allows us to offer a wider range of flight times each day,” said Danny Sitnam, President and CEO of Helijet. “Our quick flight time over the water, and our reliability, reduces the trip to little more than a short hop. We know commuters, business travellers and tourists alike will find exceptional value in being able to travel to and from Vancouver in just 18 minutes.”
Seat reservations for the new Nanaimo service are now available, with an introductory fare of $109 one-way, including taxes (regular fare will be $129). Full schedule and booking information is available at www.helijet.com or by calling Helijet Reservations at 1-800-665-4354.
“The Nanaimo Port Authority is pleased Helijet is ready to begin its service to and from the port’s Nanaimo Cruise Ship terminal, providing a fast new transportation option for Island residents and travellers to Vancouver Island,” added Bernie Dumas, President & CEO, Nanaimo Port Authority. “This new link between the central Island and the lower mainland provides more choice for business travellers and tourism, and is a positive addition to our local business community.”
Helijet International is a Canadian-owned company and North America’s largest scheduled helicopter service carrying well over two million passengers in the past 29 years. In addition to its scheduled helicopter services, Helijet is a major service provider of dedicated medically equipped helicopters to the BC Air Ambulance Service of British Columbia. Helijet provides exclusive use helicopter and business jet services to world renowned Sport Fishing Resorts, public service and energy companies throughout the West Coast of British Columbia and Pacific Northwest.
- Helicopter Society of Nepal inaugurated
- Three new helicopter companies nearing to receive AOC
- Helicopter operations to be separated from Uzbekistan Airways
- Bristow donates classrooms to Nigeria Immigration Training School
- CSIO Develops new Helicopter Visual Landing Systems
- Auckland Rescue Helicopter Trust appoints new Chief Executive
- Cayman Islands Police orders Airbus H145
- L-3 Communications awarded $22M Contract for TH-57 Contractor Logistics Services
- Macquarie Rotorcraft Leasing buys Waypoint for $650 Million
- Russian Helicopters to certify a service center in Egypt in 2019
- Bell and Moog Collaborate
- UK MoD details Sea King asbestos risk – and how to claim
- Schiebel doubles Camcopter S-100 production capacity
- Aspen Avionics Names Vice President of Operations
- Association of Air Ambulances Charity relaunches as Air Ambulances UK
- Arts Council renews Helicopter Museum Accreditation
- Able Breaks Ground on Major Mesa
- Donaldson appoints Account Executive for Rotorcraft
- BLADE Launches Urban Air Mobility Pilot Program
- SUU Aviation Program Adds a New Helicopter