Already-known as the fastest way to get between the Lower Mainland and Victoria, Helijet International’s passenger helicopter service begins its new harbour-to-harbour service between downtown Nanaimo and downtown Vancouver on Wednesday, March 11th, 2015.
Travel time is just 18 minutes, and Helijet’s familiar 12-passenger, twin-engine, two-pilot Sikorsky helicopters are equipped to operate in both daylight, and after dark, thus capable of offering 14 scheduled flights (seven return flights) weekdays between 7:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m.
Flights will operate between downtown Vancouver, and Helijet’s Nanaimo Harbour Heliport at the Cruise Ship Welcome Centre, just minutes from Nanaimo’s city centre. Complimentary vehicle parking, downtown shuttle service, taxi and rental car services will be available at both check-in terminals.
“Helijet has the edge by being able to take off and land pre-dawn and after sunset, which allows us to offer a wider range of flight times each day,” said Danny Sitnam, President and CEO of Helijet. “Our quick flight time over the water, and our reliability, reduces the trip to little more than a short hop. We know commuters, business travellers and tourists alike will find exceptional value in being able to travel to and from Vancouver in just 18 minutes.”
Seat reservations for the new Nanaimo service are now available, with an introductory fare of $109 one-way, including taxes (regular fare will be $129). Full schedule and booking information is available at www.helijet.com or by calling Helijet Reservations at 1-800-665-4354.
“The Nanaimo Port Authority is pleased Helijet is ready to begin its service to and from the port’s Nanaimo Cruise Ship terminal, providing a fast new transportation option for Island residents and travellers to Vancouver Island,” added Bernie Dumas, President & CEO, Nanaimo Port Authority. “This new link between the central Island and the lower mainland provides more choice for business travellers and tourism, and is a positive addition to our local business community.”
Helijet International is a Canadian-owned company and North America’s largest scheduled helicopter service carrying well over two million passengers in the past 29 years. In addition to its scheduled helicopter services, Helijet is a major service provider of dedicated medically equipped helicopters to the BC Air Ambulance Service of British Columbia. Helijet provides exclusive use helicopter and business jet services to world renowned Sport Fishing Resorts, public service and energy companies throughout the West Coast of British Columbia and Pacific Northwest.
- HAI names Flight Instructor of the Year
- HSC-25 Squadron Conducts Change of Command Ceremony
- Leonardo and Falcon Aviation Services start building Dubai AW609 terminal
- Air Methods targets new Wisconsin base at Hartford
- PLDT’s aviation unit announces rebranding
- Sikorsky awarded $53M contract for four UH-60Ms
- New USHST Report Lays Down a Path for Automatic Flight Control Systems in Light Helicopters
- Bell V-280 Valor short-listed for Collier Trophy
- FRASCA Expands Capacity for Level D FFS Contract
- NY National Guard Honors Fallen Aircrew
- HAI names winner of 2021 Salute to Excellence award for Communications
- Police Aviation News – March 2021 Edition
- Bell awarded $16M contract for engineering AH-Z and UH-1
- EHang Supports Chinese National Transportation Network Plan
- Le Havre marine pilots lose AS365N3 cruise altitude to just 60 feet
- Israel selects CH-53K from Sikorsky over CH-F47 from Boeing
- UK man jailed for shining torch into police helicopter cockpit
- Dropsafe launches Helideck Perimeter Safety Net
- EHang explores coastal Urban Air Mobility with first over-water EH216 flights
- Archer commits Urban Air Mobility Network In Los Angeles by 2024