Continued market growth in the upper Midwest has prompted Indiana Helicopters to expand its Airbus Helicopters fleet with the addition of a new AS350 B3e AStar and an AS365 N2.
The Fort Wayne, Ind.-based company took delivery of the new AStar on Feb. 24, its fifth Airbus aircraft. A leading provider of professional charters, tours and personal transportation service in the upper Midwest, Indiana Helicopters will use the AStar for charter flights, as well as motion picture work by its affiliate, Heli Motion. The aircraft is currently undergoing completion.
After considering other aircraft for twin-engine IFR operations, Indiana Helicopters purchased their sixth Airbus helicopter, an AS365 N2. The company’s long standing relationship with Airbus Helicopters and the immediate availability of a well-maintained aircraft owned by another corporation led to acquisition of the Dauphin helicopter in January. The AS365 N2 is now undergoing a complete avionics and cabin upgrade for VIP charter service in the Chicago market.
“The growth potential in the region, particularly with Vertiport Chicago, led to our fleet expansion,” said Chuck Surack, CEO of Indiana Helicopters. “For the past five years we have relied on Airbus Helicopters for top quality aircraft that fit our missions and we are pleased to extend our relationship with these new purchases that will help to support our growth.”
An industry leader in versatility, capability and safety features, the AS350 B3e has energy-attenuating seats and a dual-screen Vehicle and Engine Multifunction Display (VEMD), while providing passengers with a high level of comfort in its roomy, air-conditioned cabin, with forward-facing seats. The AS365 N2 also provides passengers an enjoyable experience, with easy cabin access through wide lateral doors, convenient boarding steps, and a panoramic view offered by the large windows.
“We value our ongoing relationship with Indiana Helicopters,” said Treg Manning, Vice President of Sales and Marketing for Airbus Helicopters Inc. “They provide top-notch service for clients throughout the Midwest and we are proud they continue to choose Airbus Helicopters products.
For more information on the Airbus Helicopters AS350 B3e and AS365 N2, as well as other industry leading products, stop by Airbus Helicopters Booth #2437 at Heli-Expo 2015 in Orlando.
About Airbus Helicopters Inc.
Airbus Helicopters Inc. is the U.S. affiliate of Airbus Helicopters, the largest helicopter manufacturer in the world, and a subsidiary of the Airbus Group. Airbus Helicopters Inc. is a manufacturer, markets, sells and supports the broadest range of civil and parapublic helicopters offered in the U.S. The product line represents the industry’s most cost-effective, technologically-advanced helicopters serving all markets and missions. The company’s headquarters and main facility are in Grand Prairie, Texas with a large manufacturing and production facility in Columbus, Miss.
- FAA approves Garmin GFC600H Helicopter Flight Control System in AS350
- Airbus adds more power and enhanced aerial work capabilities for the H125
- Air Zermatt picks VR technology H125 training solution
- StandardAero and Robertson Announce First Canadian Customer for AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- Ukraine Border Guards receive first two Airbus H125s
- 26-Dec-19 N985SA Airbus AS350B2 Kauai, US-Hawaii (7F)
- StandardAero and Thales Team on AS350 autopilot
- 09-Dec-19 ZK-HPB Airbus AS350B2 White Island, New Zealand
- AS350 heating and demisting system improvement
- All change at Soloy with STCs sold and now new owners too
- Airbus H125 helicopters enter Austrian Ministry of Interior service
- Canada approves AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- 23-Sep-19 VT-UTC Airbus H125 Kedarnath, India
- LA County Sheriff buys a AS350 crash-resistant fuel tank
- Oklahoma City Police buy two AS350 crash-resistant fuel tanks
- Oceania Aviation Prepare Right Hand H125/AS350 Cargo Pod
- Trump proposes import duties on Airbus helicopters built in EU
- 27-Mar-19 N818MC Airbus AS350B3 Conroe, US-Texas (1F)
- STC Count for AEM’s LSS880 Loudspeaker System Continues to Increase
- Airbus and Swiss Rotor Solutions promoting use of Maximum Pilot View Kit