Continuing to set industry records, Maverick Helicopters has officially logged 300,000 total flight hours using Airbus Helicopters’ EC130, making it the first operator in the world to hit this impressive milestone using the elite aircraft. In addition to this feat, Maverick Helicopters has recorded 350,000 total flight hours since its inception. Both of these remarkable achievements were met this month, March 2015.
In 2003, Maverick Helicopters was one of the initial customers to purchase the EC130, and in 2012, it was honored as the launch customer of the upgraded EC130 T2 aircraft. It currently boasts the largest and youngest fleet of EC130 in the world, consisting of 44 helicopters, which is expected to grow to 52 by the end of 2015.The state-of-the-art models are specifically designed for the tourism industry, making them ideal for Maverick Helicopters’ award-winning aerial experiences.
“The EC130 truly sets Maverick Helicopters apart from its competitors,” said Greg Rochna, owner and chief executive officer of Maverick Aviation Group, parent company of Maverick Helicopters. “Our number one priority is our customers’ safety and comfort, so I’m proud of this milestone and to be the only company in Las Vegas and the Grand Canyon exclusively flying the EC130.”
While drastically limiting flight noise, Maverick Helicopters’ EC130 offers guests a spacious cabin for seven passengers, luxurious theater-style seating, wrap around windows, surround sound and a fuel-efficient engine to provide faster flight time. The model’s low-noise Fenestron tail rotor is safer, quieter and more efficient, uses 25 percent less engine power, controls fuel for optimized speed and operation, and features a duel hydraulic system.
“These are impressive milestones that Maverick Helicopters has reached operating the EC130,” said Marc Paganini, president and CEO of Airbus Helicopters. “The fact that Maverick has operated 300,000 flight hours in EC130s is a tribute to the performance and efficiency of Maverick and the great experiences that it provides its customers. It also speaks to the high quality of Airbus Helicopters aircraft and customer service.”
About Maverick Helicopters
Maverick Helicopters, an award-winning division of Maverick Aviation Group, offers guests unparalleled aerial tours inside its luxurious state-of-the-art helicopters in Nevada, Arizona and coming in 2015, Hawaii. During the excursions, guests board the safest and most comfortable tourism based helicopters in the world, ECO-Star Helicopters (EC130) complete with quiet technology. They’ll receive the ultimate VIP treatment with live narration about the surrounding attractions, personal voice-activated headsets, individual seating for up to seven guests, wrap around windows and more. Custom and private aircraft charters are also available.
For more information on Maverick Helicopters, please visit www.FlyMaverick.com. Or keep with Maverick Helicopters on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
About Airbus Helicopters Inc.
Airbus Helicopters Inc. is the U.S. affiliate of Airbus Helicopters, the largest helicopter manufacturer in the world, and a subsidiary of the Airbus Group. Airbus Helicopters Inc. is a manufacturer, markets, sells and supports the broadest range of civil and parapublic helicopters offered in the U.S. The product line represents the industry’s most cost-effective, technologically-advanced helicopters serving all markets and missions. The company’s headquarters and main facility are in Grand Prairie, Texas with a large manufacturing and production facility in Columbus, Miss.
- Ultimate Heli Renewal of ISO 9001:2015 Certification
- Leonardo delivers its first basic training AW169 to the Italian Army
- Airbus forms Team Nightjar for Australian special ops bid
- Boston MedFlight Reaches 80,000 Patient Transport Milestone
- US approves sale of one Sikorsky UH-60M to Jordan
- Northrop Grumman Supports Government Flight Testing of the MQ-8C Fire Scout Radar
- TUM developing AR solution for ship landings in rough seas
- DRF take stock of the corona pandemic in Germany
- DSCA approves sale of 6 UH-60M to Lithuania
- AirLink lands at Klamath County Fire District
- Accel-KKR and ParkerGale join forces to back ATP in its acquisition of FlightDocs
- New helipad opens at Royal Devon and Exeter hospital
- DRF tests droplet spread inside helicopters
- HeliTSA launches Rolls-Royce M250/RR300 engine training
- UK AAIB Bulletin – July 2020
- 14th Annual Electric Aircraft Symposium Goes Virtual
- New South Wales Government supports eVTOL development with grant
- HeliOffshore Appoints Chief Executive Officer
- Patria consolidates its helicopter maintenance operations in Norway
- Russian Helicopters delivers two Mi-8MTV-1 to Yamal Airlines