Maverick Helicopters, based in Las Vegas, Nev., continues to expand its all-Airbus Helicopters fleet. Maverick Helicopters took delivery of five EC130 T2s in 2014 and has ordered eight for delivery in 2015. The EC130 fleet serves Maverick Helicopters’ Las Vegas and Grand Canyon tour business. In February the company became the first to achieve 300,000 flight hours in the EC130.
Maverick Helicopters was one of the original customers to purchase the EC130 in 2003, and in 2012 became the launch customer for the EC130 T2. Maverick Helicopters has taken delivery of all 10 aircraft in its original EC130 T2 launch order and now has 44 EC130s in operation.
“Airbus’ EC130 performance and quality is second-to-none,” said Greg Rochna, owner and CEO of Maverick Aviation Group, parent company of Maverick Helicopters. “We believe in their product and the safety and comfort it provides our passengers, which is why we’ve chosen to exclusively fly this elite aircraft.”
“With the EC130, Maverick Helicopters continues its impressive run as the number one tour operator in the Las Vegas and Grand Canyon area,” said Marc Paganini, President and CEO of Airbus Helicopters Inc. “Maverick Helicopters record of 300,000 flight hours in the EC130 is an impressive achievement and speaks to the quality of the company’s operations. We are committed to providing Maverick with excellent service and support as they expand operations with the EC130.”
The Airbus Helicopters EC130 T2 is the leading aerial tourism aircraft in the world. It provides a large, roomy cabin for a premiere level of comfort and visibility, combined with the latest technology and safety features. The Fenestron tail rotor makes the EC130 T2 the quietest helicopter in its class, meeting stringent noise standards for flying in the Grand Canyon. Maverick Helicopters EC130s include a spacious cabin for seven passengers, luxurious theatre-style seating, wrap-around windows, and surround sound.
For more information on the EC130 T2 and other industry leading helicopters and services, visit Airbus Helicopters at Heli-Expo Booth #2437 in Orlando.
About Maverick Helicopters
Maverick Helicopters, an award-winning division of Maverick Aviation Group, offers guests unparalleled aerial tours inside its luxurious state-of-the-art helicopters in Nevada, Arizona and coming in 2015, Hawaii. During the excursions, guests board the safest and most comfortable tourism based helicopters in the world, ECO-Star Helicopters (EC130) complete with quiet technology. They’ll receive the ultimate VIP treatment with live narration about the surrounding attractions, personal voice-activated headsets, individual seating for up to seven guests, wrap around windows and more. Custom and private aircraft charters are also available.
About Airbus Helicopters Inc.
Airbus Helicopters Inc. is the U.S. affiliate of Airbus Helicopters, the largest helicopter manufacturer in the world, and a subsidiary of the Airbus Group. Airbus Helicopters Inc. is a manufacturer, markets, sells and supports the broadest range of civil and parapublic helicopters offered in the U.S. The product line represents the industry’s most cost-effective, technologically-advanced helicopters serving all markets and missions. The company’s headquarters and main facility are in Grand Prairie, Texas with a large manufacturing and production facility in Columbus, Miss.
- SPAES modifies AS350 external mirror mounting
- Four new Airbus H125s for Norwegian operators in one week
- 12-Apr-20 N160CC Airbus H125 Tampa, US-Florida
- FAA approves Garmin GFC600H Helicopter Flight Control System in AS350
- Airbus adds more power and enhanced aerial work capabilities for the H125
- Air Zermatt picks VR technology H125 training solution
- StandardAero and Robertson Announce First Canadian Customer for AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- Ukraine Border Guards receive first two Airbus H125s
- 26-Dec-19 N985SA Airbus AS350B2 Kauai, US-Hawaii (7F)
- StandardAero and Thales Team on AS350 autopilot
- 09-Dec-19 ZK-HPB Airbus AS350B2 White Island, New Zealand
- AS350 heating and demisting system improvement
- All change at Soloy with STCs sold and now new owners too
- Airbus H125 helicopters enter Austrian Ministry of Interior service
- Canada approves AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- 23-Sep-19 VT-UTC Airbus H125 Kedarnath, India
- LA County Sheriff buys a AS350 crash-resistant fuel tank
- Oklahoma City Police buy two AS350 crash-resistant fuel tanks
- Oceania Aviation Prepare Right Hand H125/AS350 Cargo Pod
- Trump proposes import duties on Airbus helicopters built in EU